Sebastian Vettel | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Sebastian Vettel

Discussion in 'F1' started by Robb, Oct 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I forgot to mention Vettel's biggest fan. Lewis.

2. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    Cripes, nationalism, there's a minefield.

I'm proud of the UK's F1 industry.
    If the Brit car's were still painted BRG maybe i would support the English teams.
    We have lost that, but I admire and support the car painted in Red partly because it retains that national character and pride.
    As for the Silver car, since when is Brackley in Germany ?

Massive opportunity for a nationalist joke right there.
    But we'll swerve it, out of respect for our EU partner.

Oh, hold on...

william likes this.
  3. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #203 TifosiUSA, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    This post, coming from you, is one of the funniest things I've ever read.

You need to open your eyes then.

Nice cop out.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    #204 TifosiUSA, Oct 16, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    It's almost embarrassing for Brit F1 fans. They have zero loyalty. They're dropped their legendary teams McLaren and Williams now that they are both a joke and have hopped on the Mercedes bandwagon quicker than quick. They switch allegiances like a fart in the wind.

Don't see that with Ferrari fans. Forza.

Excellent point. Let's take a trip down memory lane and look at reaction from Austria 02. You'd think MSC and Ferrari just mowed over some puppies:

Very dramatic by the Brit media. Compare with Mercedes and Golden Boy LH doing the exact same thing and it's now "well it is the smart move in terms of strategy you guys!"

Lol, gotta love it.

TurboFreak650 and daytona355 like this.
  5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Yep, welcome to the world of formula one, where if the double standard suits Elton, the Brit press and fia will agree to absolutely anything, and promote even the PR disasters as a triumph

TifosiUSA likes this.
  6. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Aside from Facebook and the British-biased SkySports commentary, what is your experience of the UK?

Regards,
    Andrew.

635CSI likes this.
  7. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    been there many times. very nationalistic people. and yes ran into many Michael/Ferrari haters. they arent hard to find if F1 comes up or youre watching it at the pub on TV

daytona355 likes this.
  8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    ...riiiiight. o_O

So your "been there many times" makes you a greater expert on the English national psyche than my British heritage, English family, English wife, wife's English family, and my living, educating, and working in the UK for over half my life?

Yes, Brits like a British driver, but there are plenty of Tifosi in the UK (I used to meet them at my local pub) and, in my experience, the overall national sentiment is not one of hatred towards Schumacher.

All the best,
    Andrew.

william likes this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think this participant - TifosiUSA - has a problem with British people.
    I have noticed that he keeps mentioning location and makes disparaging comment to people from the UK.

10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Well, I’m not offended, and I actually agree with his comments on the whole. You are not the role model for the entire country buddy :)

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    There are British tifosi, and there is everyone else. I can’t count the number of times I’ve had conversations with people that claim to support Elton because he is English, not because he is good, or the champion, but simply because he is the British guy, and before him, they supposedly supported button, or coulthard, or whoever. It’s a very nationalistic thing (and thats why brexit got voted for, an uneducated opinion of keeping ‘the foreigners’ out and sending them home, nothing to do with economics or anything else, hence it’s such a disaster to organise) and my own father is the obvious example, flies a st George flag on his garages and ignores the council repeatedly trying to get him to take it down. I myself have a ferrari flag on mine, and numerous Italian tricolore around

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  12. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    That's your opinion. I understand that you're getting mad because of your Brit ties but I clearly know better than you on this. You see what you what to see, I see it like it is.

All the best.

13. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    • 1-month ban.
    No I have a problem with people like you who are hypocrites of the highest degree and harbor so much hatred towards a sporting icon that you can be happy that he is incapacitated. I hope you seek help.

daytona355, fil and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  14. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    So how about Seb getting a three place grid penalty in a free practice? :rolleyes:

Every time I think this season couldn't possibly get worse... folded like a house of cards.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  15. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    What took him so long to slow down? Perhaps a hypnotist can help him. lol

16. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I have no idea, but 27+ seconds under a red flag is ridiculous. There is literally no excuse for it. It's as if there is a voodoo curse on him, forcing him to do stupid things. lol

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  17. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

"Lining out 27.7 seconds precisely as not complying with the rules I think is wrong.

"I think I slowed down, I had a good look around at what was going on. The rules are clear so we know.

"It is the first time we had this in the wet, where the target is a lot slower, so literally you have to stop to 40-50km/h to bring down the delta, which probably I should do next time.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139504/f1-red-flag-rules-are-wrong--vettel -- Next time lol - Ok Seb lol

Jeronimo GTO and G. Pepper like this.
  18. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Difficult? Impossible.

He's no Michael. And I once thought he could be a sort of lesser second coming.....

daytona355 likes this.
  19. 308luver

308luver Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    I've been a Vettel fan since 2008 and continue to be...but 2018 gets him the well deserved "sucks" thread that many others have.

I mean...comon man! At least talk to Max and learn how to take out the other driver (not yourself!!) when making contact lol

20. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I've been a Vettel fan even when he was at Red Bull... I do find that he's shown more desperation these past couple of years. I think its a combo of the car changes, - wider bigger cars - less diffuser aero, and turbo engines. as well as a completely different atmosphere at Ferrari.. at RB he had a German behind him - Austrian... so there was some common language... and the team were England based vs. Italy. I think the pressure was less & different. In Italy you become a national saint or deamon depending on performance.

This weekend was plain mistakes by Vettel... he's still in it but has to believe that its over. the car clearly has recovered from what ever was the problem in the past... but has the entire team & Vettel? this could have been a win for Vettel had he not spun... or sped through the red flag and started 3rd. His face is showing age and stress... I think he's in un common territory and having a difficult time figuring it out.

Ferrari 308 GTB and william like this.
  21. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    This season is so abysmal that the only thing he can do about it is pretend it didn't happen.

22. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I never understood why people thought vettel was so great? I think it was the RB chassis that no one could touch. RB had secret sauce that was not obvious and out there like the brawnGP double difusser that gave button a commanding lead in that championship. Button nearly lost it as the others caught up.

Mark(study), william and 375+ like this.
  23. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I believe there maybe some truth in that.

vinuneuro and william like this.
  24. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    I have been a strong supporter of Vettel since his early days, but this season has exposed his mental weaknesses like never before. I thought he would learn to try and get his head straight after the previous season's embarrassment at Baku, but no. He has just got worse. Germany - brain fade. Monza - brain fade. Japan - brain fade. Austin - brain fade. Every driver is allowed a bye for the odd mishap, we are all human after all, but 4 is completely unacceptable. Even Stroll is mentally stronger.

Sadly, I have to suspend my belief that Vettel deserves his place as Ferrari's number one. LeClerc is going to give him a proper wake up call next season...

william likes this.
  25. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    For all his faults this year Vettel is not "slow" and speed is what is needed first and foremost.
    As he is still "quick", its worth him dedicating his whole winter to getting his head in the right place.
    Use a "sports psychologist" by all means.
    If he can get his head sorted and he gets another good car I think he can win next years WDC.
    If he can't find that mental clarity he, should retire.
    Its pretty black and white.

stavura likes this.