Alonso says Hamilton ''one of the greatest of all time'' | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Alonso says Hamilton ''one of the greatest of all time''

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Oct 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

stavura likes this.
  2. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Calling all his posts the same old crap isn't really helping him out is it ? and as such wouldn't warrant a reply in my case.

Anyway I'd say Alonso's credentials and words about Hamilton are more than suffice and proof than us armchair expert's.

3. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Maybe that is because Thou doth protests too much

4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I already said Rosberg drove better than Lewis 1 year. While Hamilton out drove Rosborg for 3 years. Before that Rosberg out drove Schumi 3 years. See how easy I answered your questions?

5. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Makes sense... as the Lewis fanboys always underline that this is not a Ferrari Forum but a general F1 forum and that we have to be more tolerant they are the most intolerant people when it comes to their opinion at the same time. As hypocritical as it gets...

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  6. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well that's another debate, however it would pretty boring if everyone agreed and most probably be wrong ;)

william likes this.
  7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Just to add to my post above, ^ I think we got close, in most agreeing that it was nice seeing Kimi win a race :)

8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And if only to proof that he can smile :D
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BpNU9YoHJSy/

kraftwerk and of2worlds like this.
  9. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    In developing a Mercedes with the entire purpose being to make the car into a world beater under the NEXT regulations, and with car issues reflective of it. Why did Elton, your best ever, need team orders to best him those two years, because without them nico could have easily won both years. You haven’t answered me at all, just made a flippant ******** comment as usual

10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
  11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Ham didn't need team orders to beat Rosberg. You should read what's Rosberg constantly preaches about Hamilton being one of the greatest ever. I like hearing those things from the horses mouth. Others make their own assumptions, to each their own.

Blackmamba likes this.
  12. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    Aside from being charitable, I don't know why you would concede that - he didn't :cool:

13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah some see it differently, I only say that because Ham made some bad starts that year, Rosberg was able to jump him on the start multiple times. But then you have Lewis's mechanical dnf. Anyway I don't make excuses for my driver as some do, my confidence in Lewis is real.

william likes this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I remember now, in 2016, the FIA didn’t award points for winning races, they awarded points based on a lottery based system.... that’s right. It’s not that nico managed to drive the cars to better points finishes than Elton, he was crowned champion based on his cookery skills at the end of season FIA barbecue, and so was named as the world champion. Of course, in 2017, the FIA realised their error and reverted to the previous system whereby points were awarded based on finishing track position.

Thanks for confirming that Elton wasn’t outdriven by Nico, and that he in fact did win the championship.... the coverage of the races was decieving.

15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    You keep spouting flippant crap that does nothing to justify your position, cheerlead for Elton like his biggest groupie, and when even another Elton fan corrects you, you don’t get the hint to stop talking ****.... marvellous.

16. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    No dispute Rosberg scored more points and won the championship.
    The subjective question was did Rosberg outdrive Hamilton in 2016. My answer is a resounding no. Rosberg scraped the Chapionship by 5 points, despite Malaysia alone being a 28 point+ swing. Nico had no mechanical DNFs. Hamilton won more races and pole positions despite had a raft of power units failures that compromised his starting positions especially in the early rounds.
    Rosberg, won the championship - but did nothing better than Hamilton in 2016.

Jody beat Gilles in 1979...those are facts.
    He is Champion and a worthy one. But did he outdrive Villeneuve? Questions like that obviously up for debate and there will be differing opinions...

Blackmamba and william like this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    As usual, the Elton fan misses the point that nico drove intelligently for the season, he took advantage of the races he could win and Elton’s implosion, rode out Elton’s psychological attacks, Mercedes team orders were turned to his own advantage with careful management, and he drove the last five or six races once in front doing enough to stay ahead and win the championship and steered clear of being in a position where Elton could spear him off the track as had happened multiple times in the previous two years that had cost him his opportunities to win (as he was well aware Elton would receive no discipline from the team even if nico was killed by one of the bonehead moves). Again, nico drove the perfect season when faced with the bias towards Elton within his own team

As for Elton, he has merely proved a couple of things - 1, he is a fast driver, and no one on fchat including myself has ever said otherwise; 2, given the dominant car of the season, he maximised its advantage and won his fair share of two car races; 3, he enjoyed a very public bias within his own team to make him the favoured driver in situations where team orders were issued; 4, he demonstrated he is prepared to ignore his senior management regardless of the effect on his own team (trying to back nico into the pack to lose the 2016 championship, in the same way, trying to goad nico into an overtaking attempt no doubt with the intention of giving himself the opportunity to smash into nico and end his race, guaranteeing himself a championship regardless of the risk of himself also going off into race retirement); 5, demonstrating a complete lack of integrity and sportsmanship in many many races; 6, showing that his words of love for his fans mean absolutely nothing by missing various F1 driver events where other drivers met with and entertained their fans, while he decided it was more important to go to a party with bieber and the likes; 7, he claims to be the best, yet is terrified of Max... at least Vettel, ricciardo and others have a go at him despite the risks, if his fans are to be believed Elton should be head and shoulders above everyone, so max should prove no challenge at all, he shouldn’t get close enough to Elton to damage him, yet Elton failed in many of his attempts around max, even when this last race, max’s Tyres were 20 laps older and of the worse compound to boot..... yeah, what a star. Not.

I could go on (and frequently do) but I think there’s enough there to point out to the Elton fans here that seem hell bent on trying to justify to ferrari tifosi why they should support the chief protagonist instead of their own team....... stop trying to force Elton down everyone’s throat, we get it, he’s a good driver, no one argues that point, but regardless of what you say, and whatever stats he leads or breaks, he will never be classed as a great by tifosi.... that’s it, there is no other option.... forget about it.

Try and discuss races without the Elton ******** and this forum goes back to being an informative, fun place to be, because all you do now is annoy people, we all react in various ways, and every conversation becomes you lot making dumb statements, and tifosi arguing the opposite. You’ll never ever convince us, and we won’t you, so what is the point? If you want people to agree with you, there are plenty of Mercedes biased sites where they will probably make you all posters of the month/year... here we all just think non-complimentary things about you that if we actually said them, you’d actually have something to get upset about

fer312t likes this.
  18. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    You do not speak for all tifosi any more than I do. :cool:
    In fact I'd wager the silent majority of Ferrari fans (in this forum, and the world at large) have high respect for Lewis' talent and do consider him firmly in the great category, even if they might fervently root against him every week, insofar as he is the current main antagonist of the Scuderia. The internet tends to exaggerate reality.

(That the driver currently leading the WDC - whoever they may be - is going to be an inevitable topic of conversation notwithstanding) why not practice what you preach then?

Blackmamba, william and kraftwerk like this.
  19. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I answer posts made by you and your friends because you all make statements about f1, that’s what this forum is for. I’m suggesting that you lot making ridiculous statements about Elton being some kind of god cease as all they do is annoy people which, if this were a Mercedes forum, probably wouldn’t be the case, but regardless, it IS a ferrari biased forum, so you should expect pushback against such statements

If you went to Italy and spoke to true Tifosi, they are extremely less than complimentary about Elton on the whole, I’ve heard him nicknamed far worse than ‘Elton’, even if in Italian most things sound nice! In the F1 paddock, among his peers, his stock is similarly low, as he sets himself apart from them at all opportunities, so again, I’d argue that the truth is that he has his wild eyed fans, some more measured (like yourself maybe) but a whole lot of fans that actually have no clue what formula one is, he just has the same tattoo/haircut/musical taste/wardrobe as them

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

stavura likes this.
  20. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    This I'am going to book mark.^
    How many more times do you need telling, :confused: The F1 section is open to fans of all drivers/marques, all you are doing is embarrassing yourself, with outlandish statements, and be rest assured that you do not speak on behalf of the all the Tifosi.

21. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    So I wonder what all of you would say if Ferrari dumped Vettel at the end of 2019, signed Hamilton and won the both championships in 2020 with "Elton" behind the wheel.

william likes this.
  22. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

My guess is that they would go mad with rage, but I cannot see this move.

I think Hamilton will stay with Mercedes to the end of his career.

In its present form, Ferrari doesn't deserve Hamilton.

showme1946, Blackmamba and ktu like this.
  23. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    The majority would be near instant coverts if the were successful partnership, as winning fixes most everything.
    There would be holdouts...but I not sure what kind of Tifosi they would really be in the end, if their negative emotions re: Lewis outweighed their love of the Scuderia.

24. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    I don't get it, so the one's who cant stand Alonso and claim he caused tension within McLaren and is poison, all of sudden value his opinion about Hamilton being one of the all time great's?

Jeronimo GTO, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  25. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Agreed, Button does not even consider Hamilton one of the all time Great's.

daytona355 likes this.