488 Replacement | Page 31 | FerrariChat

488 Replacement

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Does anyone know what Pista's codename was?:)

2. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    I guess F142M VS.

of2worlds likes this.
  3. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007

Attached Files:

4. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Please no! It’s looks like an American muscle/Nissan gtr...

5. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I have to say, with the red outlines in post #753, I am reminded of nothing so much as an Alfa-Romeo 4C. I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised when all the cammo is removed. Fred

6. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    it seems you're pretty confident. so the 488 will get California-t style short lived restyling, engine upgrades etc, etc? and what about the so-called " big brother" and fully clothed test-mule?

7. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    When ferrari uses that type of camouflage underneath there is the final car or almost. Surely it is a completely new car. And I believe that even the mirrors are unprecedented given the heaviness of camouflage.
    The headlights will be the sons of the sp38 of the j50 and Monza SP and I believe that the rear lights will remain the classic circular lights.

8. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    your're hilarious

9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  10. mofatmi9

mofatmi9 Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
    Full Name:
    Mohammed Fatmi
    So judging by your comments, it'll be facelift of a facelift, with the same platform as it is now on?

11. manya81

manya81 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2008
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Sorry but does nonsense, would be a stupid strategy on the part of Ferrari taking into account the current competition

Thelovelyrock18 and F2003-GA like this.
  12. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I have a very hard time believing that

mofatmi9 and Thelovelyrock18 like this.
  13. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Exactly

Thelovelyrock18 likes this.
  14. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
    Great posts on this thread! My two cents. 488 is amazing car, but just missed the mark on design. I own a 458 and think it's so much more beautiful. I wish Ferrar would stop making models that are similar to the last in design (e.g., 348 to 355, 458 to 488). Do a longer run, but make each model truly new in all respects. I hope for the next car in the 8 cyl line has the following:
    1 - carbon tub and maybe other structural parts in carbon
    2 - pivoting doors upward like the La Ferrari (need to compete with McLaren here - the 720S is amazing)
    3 - design based on the La Ferrari (see the 458 and notice similarities to the Enzo); must have beautiful Ferrari lines/curves; aim for something as great as the 328's design; timeless and beautiful; they made huge progress from the 430 to the 458 and need to step it up again
    4 - dual electric would be great, but I prefer naturally aspirated (but I realize this is unlikely); but not turbo, just not the same even though fast
    5 - better displays - I give Lambo and McLaren credit for their displays and graphics
    6 - better interior - McLaren does a nice job here; something is still a little off with Ferrari; they've made huge improvements, but still seem to lag (maybe it's just me)
    7 - maintain sound similar to 355, 458, La Ferrari - has to have that "ripping of raw silk"
    8 - finally, FIX THE PAINT ALREADY! Seriously, why Ferrari can't put paint on a $300k++ car equivalent to Mercedes and Lexus is just plain f'ing stupid. Sorry, but this boils my blood. The soft paint is just inexcusable.

To me the design is most important. I'm not a track guy so it has to be art on wheels, then sound and acceleration/handling. I don't care about top speed.

I need to go on a factory tour and drop my list in their suggestion box! :)

F2003-GA and 4_Eff_Sake like this.
  15. F458Spider

F458Spider Karting

Apr 12, 2015
  16. cpiguy

cpiguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 3, 2007
    Westlake Village, CA
    Full Name:
    Arnie Friedman
    Thought I'd chime in. The 488 Spider is my 5th brand new Ferrari and I personally think the 488 is the most incredible car ever produced. I can own any car I want, and the 488 Spider is my choice. I absolutely love the way it looks, sounds, accelerates, and makes me feel. Don't really see how to make it much better. I guess faster is always better, and I could use a couple more inches of leg room. That's about it... LOL

OK, OK, and I guess I rather not have to take the key out of my pocket to unlock the car.

MLA, stavura, Lukeylikey and 2 others like this.
  17. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Haha - Drive a TDF

^^^^
    This

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

day355 likes this.
  18. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Tuners generally don’t concern themselves with durability or emissions. The degree of internal modifications made to achieve the extra 50hp in the Pista reflects better what it really takes to achieve reliable and emission compliant gains. That said, I agree they probably designed the engine to be scalable into even more powerful variants.

Doug23 and REALZEUS like this.
  19. arhimede

arhimede Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Will have classic doors. There are no cuts on the black cover to permit vertical oppening.

20. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I continue to observe the shots of the camouflaged car: it seems to me that it has very different proportions compared to 458/488. It has a very different glass surface, lacking the small triangular glass between pillar b and c. It also seems to have a fairly short wheelbase, an important front overhang and a very short rear. The bonnet area is very different from the ferrari of the last 20 years. I think it could be two things. Something that lies below the 488, so a sort of "Ferrarina" like the Dino. It could also be a super-sporty daughter of LaFerrari, but it seems much less likely.

21. Dilusha

Dilusha Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Is the new big car only a road car? Or for both road & track? I would like to see something like a Senna. :)

22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Differents options :

-1 : top of the range mid engine = V8 TT hybrid , RWD ( sportiest version according five years plan )

488 replacement :

Completely new car based on new platform but only V8 TT NON - HYBRID

Or
    V6TT HYBRID 4WD or RWD

23. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    All new Ferrari models will be Hybrid