512TR Market | Page 5 | FerrariChat

512TR Market

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Drew_4RE, Jan 14, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thanks, nicely put. I like seeing that you really drive your car! 67k wow!

2. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Do you know of a good shop to get your car smog checked in or around San Jose?

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Go to roberto roselli; he knows those cars and is the best in san jose. He took great care of my tr;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Wait till you take it on proper drives like mount umutnum; stinston beach up north or head towards santa cruz. Its just super fun; just the right amount of power and speed something new cars don’t really have: they are too fast; too video game ish fast to me!
    See you on the roads in San Jose; silver/gray is pretty cool and rare.

Shamile likes this.
  5. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Ok will do. Thanks

6. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Sorry...not too familiar with San Jose resources...but others will likely chime in.

7. Xtreme5053

Xtreme5053 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 20, 2006
    You've got good taste, my friend. The one with the red carpets would be my replacement as well, but they need to drop the price.

I've kept quiet about it for a bit, but I actually offered above the most recent list price for the silver one a few months ago. Even followed up with an email over eBay asking if they'd received my offer. Nothing back. Apparently they must have setup an "Auto-Reject" option for offers that were actually based in reality (even a bit rosy by the way the sale turned out).

It's a swell-looking car and I think you came in when the price and seller had returned to Earth instead of perpetually in orbit. Please be sure to post some action shots.

8. Xtreme5053

Xtreme5053 Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 20, 2006
    Nice, which #/75 did you get?

http://www.f512m-usa.net/

9. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Can you give some details on yours? I have been looking for one for a while.

10. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    I looked at that car when it showed up. He wanted 350k for it in the beginning. It was super nice. Congrats!

11. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Xtreme5053 likes this.
  12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I think you and are were both looking for that unicorn, LOW mileage near perfect car. I've been looking for a year now, Finally I said screw it. I'll buy a NICE driver and enjoy it till a Unicorn pops up.
    #21 is not exactly what i wanted, The miles were a bit high 4 me (29,000) But now atleast I have a very nice "M" to drive around. I love Garage queens, and that's what I was looking for, But I have to say, I really enjoy Driving this car around. I use to own #42 YEARS ago.

Xtreme5053 and cgt000 like this.
  13. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    congrats love to see pics

14. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    I think it's good to have both garage queens and drivers. My wife urges me to buy higher mile cars so I would enjoy driving them. I am beginning to realize that she has been right all along so I recently let go of a 1500 miles CGT garage queen and I have zero regrets.

Shamile, Xtreme5053 and blkdiablo33 like this.
  15. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thank you! Really enjoying the car.

read33 likes this.
  16. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes, I didn't realize what I was missing out on. I was initially nervous about buying one of these cars because I thought the car would spend more time at the shop then on the road. All of this bad information kept me away for many years. I'm learning that as long as the car is properly maintained you will have a dependable car and that's all I needed to know. The mechanic I met with today that helped get the car smogged gave me a good tip in regards to clutch care. He said because these cars have so much torque, you don't even need to apply gas when taking off. If you try and minimize the slipping of the clutch this will greatly Influence how long it will last. I tried this method today and it worked perfectly.

Shamile likes this.
  17. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    did you get the red book with the sale?

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Did u go see roberto?

19. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    No, he couldn't get to it right away. Someone else told me to go to Grand Prix motors. Got it taken care of yesterday. Needed to get the car registered asap which I did today.

VColin and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

I like grand prix too; good prices!

21. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yeah Juan seems to be a fair guy and helpful.

22. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Congrats...

23. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ryan congrats on your new car. Completely agree with your points above and also enjoyed reading you first driving impression.
    I bought a 92 almost 4 years ago from one meticulous owner. Car had about 21k miles and now almost 23k miles. On servicing just changing the fluids so far. The drive is fantastic!!!! A true dream car and I also love the analog experience. I have a couple other newer exotics for use more frequently and every time I experience the TR it is super special. I know I'm blessed to have one of my dreams. In regards to value sure its nice to see a little appreciation when all the other cars in the garage are going down. I know the TR has gone down a bit in the last 18 months but great if you're a buyer now. They seem to have flattened out and only a handful for sale at anytime in the US so maybe some upticks forthcoming. It's always a super thrill to see another one out on the road which is extremely rare even in Southern CA so I will keep my eyes out for a silver one!
    Sometimes we take a couple cars out at a time for a spirited drive together. I can't bring myself to let anyone else drive the TR:) Wish I could just so I could see it on the road. Cheers

24. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    what color is yours and any pics to share

25. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hello Mike,
    Thank you! I have really been enjoying this fun dependable car! I emphasize dependable. I am getting new tires tomorrow as the tires are 10 years old and may not be safe for regular driving. I will also be doing the annual fluid service just to get my own starting point of maintenance completed. The major service was done four years ago so I will get that done next year sometime. The car runs perfect just want to keep it that way. Im glad to hear you have been enjoying your car as much as I am. It's always enjoyable when the previous owner does everything they can to keep the car maintained in perfect condition. It sure makes it a lot easier for the new owner as you have less surprises. I literally felt like I was driving a new car and you must of had a similiar experience.