Ferrari 250 / 330 Carpet | FerrariChat

Ferrari 250 / 330 Carpet

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by christc, Oct 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Hi alltogether,

I am wondering how many square meters of carpet will go into a 250 Gte or comparable car, e.g. 330Gt.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks
    Chris

2. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I don't have an exact answer to your question, but in my experience, automotive carpet materials are usually sold by lenght, i.e. meters or yards, and width of the material (in a roll) can vary.

Depending on manufacturer & type of material, etc I've seen widths ranging from 36"(or 0.91 meters) to 72" (or 1.83 meters) and depending on the car or whether the material is wide enough to be utilized length- or width wise will usually determine how much is needed.

On a car like a vintage Ferrari that uses a lot of smaller pieces and if all pieces still exist, I would remove and arrange them all on to shop floor between two lines simulating the width of the carpet material to be used to determine required length.

If buying/ordering long distance and especially if buying/ordering some rare/special/unusual color, I'd buy/order twice as much I think is needed.

3. christc

christc Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2013
    Germany
    Thanks. My problem is that a lot of the carpets are missing, so I can only guess. If someone knows how much he bought fir his car it would help a lot. Thanks.

Chris

4. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Have you tried to contact Henkel at VHL......he restores interiors and should have a good idea?