Sold - 2010 Ferrari 612 OTO | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Sold 2010 Ferrari 612 OTO

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Dave.0, Oct 28, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    very nice car...

2. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Awesome machine! GLWS

I too am not a fan of handling packages for GT's, especially 2+2's, because I take them on vacations. Last thing I want is a stiffer suspension and quicker steering.

OTO's are rare enough that I think I might have to get a pre-OTO 612 to get a spec I want. I've been looking for a while now.

3. Eric360

Eric360 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 11, 2010
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Wow, this car is perfect! Anyone looking for a 612 should consider this one. GLWS!

4. Sean Glass

Sean Glass Rookie

May 12, 2018
    Mid Atlantic
    Full Name:
    Sean Glass
    Beautiful car - if I hadn’t just pulled the trigger on my new 612 (2008 hgt2 - blue pozzi), I would have been calling you!

GLWS

5. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    Thanks for all the kind words.

A little more about the history. The car is originally a Scottsdale car. I purchased the car from a gentleman in Del Mar, Cal. He had traded in his Bentley Brooklands for this car in 2012. It had about 2000 miles on it at that time. I purchased the car 3 years later with about 11,500 miles on the car. I drove the car from Del Mar to Sedona and then eventually out to Dallas where it is now. I had the belts changed in 2015 at Norwood Auto Italia in Dallas, along with a complete service including new ball joints. The subsequent service has been at Boardwalk Ferrari in Dallas. I thought that it would be nice to have a relationship with the dealer in case I wanted to trade it in on a different Ferrari. The service is up to date and I have all the records since I have owned the car. This car has been used for trips into Arkansas and down to Austin as well as weekend trips to the track ride motorcycles. I don't commute in it, although you certainly could. I have gotten a few questions about the clutch and brake wear. I don't know those numbers currently, although that is something I would want to know. I believe I have priced the car taking the miles and future expendable purchases in mind. I will try to get those issues inspected, although with my work it may be a few weeks.

G. Pepper likes this.
  6. 4rextc

4rextc Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Madison, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Stratton Hicky
    Wow! I bought a twin to this car, in the 2008 OTO config, just 6 months ago and mine didn’t have the luggage. Great price, IMHO.

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    OMG. Perfect spec! Sorry you are selling it, but someone is going to get one of the nicest 4 seater Ferraris out there! Best of luck, what a beauty!

8. Banzairacer

Banzairacer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Sanjeev Thohan
    WOW.... one question that non one asked. all that luggage fits???

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Yes, it does all fit. I tried to post a pic, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. The trunk is much more roomy than you would think.

I like to tell the story of the day my wife and I pulled up to the bag drop at a golf course. The attendant came out and said, "I know you don't have a set of clubs in there". I replied, "You're right I don't have a set of clubs in there, I have TWO sets of clubs in there!" Of course they were the slimmer travel size bags, but they were two full sets of clubs.

m5shiv, Baiao and G. Pepper like this.
  10. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
  11. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    insane car with a timeless spec - if i was going to add a second OTO this wld be it!

12. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I remember you posting this pic before Don. Amazing isn't it?

But fess up, you had to collapse the handles before storing the suitcases!

13. Dave.0

Dave.0 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    Sedona, Dallas
    Sold, and off to a good home. Next time this car comes up for sale I hope it has 50k plus miles and well worn luggage.

Caphill and G. Pepper like this.
  14. FerrariTexas

FerrariTexas Karting

Aug 31, 2009
    Austin
    Congratulations on your sale. Someone is very fortunate to own this beautiful OTO.

I did have one question: What is life like with the electrochomatic roof like here in the Texas summers? I have never seen how dark the glass can be. Thank you very much.

15. F612

F612 Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2018
    Leeds,AL
    Full Name:
    David D. Hood
    Congratulations on the sale and congratulations to the buyer-you got a great car at a great price!
    As to HGT2 on a 612, my '08 OTO has it and I LOVE it. Switch the mannitino to "soft" and it is a boulevard cruiser. Switch it the other way and it is a twisty road attacker.
    Best of both worlds!

16. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    looks brand new

17. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    :cool:
    You don't happen to have a pic of all those bags in the trunk and if so do you need a degree in engineering to know how to pack it. :cool:

4rextc likes this.