Maserati Khamsin | Page 296 | FerrariChat

Maserati Khamsin

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Maeter, Feb 24, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    Yes. I am currently going to a rather large collection Maserati parts that my kids want out of the basement before I pass from this earth. I'd hate to see them through them into the garbage when I pass away!!!!

2. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
  3. dkbluec4

dkbluec4 Rookie

May 29, 2006
    Northampton UK
    Full Name:
    Neil Lefley
    Hello Paul,
    I found that I couldn't get my normal spring compressors in the space available
    I bought a cheap pair ( about £15 ) from eBay, cut the screws in half, and bent the ears to fit the Khamsin springs.
    This gave me about 1 1/2 " of compression, which was enough to take the load off, and replace the split gaiters on the ball joints.
    If you would like to borrow them you are welcome, I'm in the UK.
    Neil

4. barnfieldman

barnfieldman Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
  5. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
  6. barnfieldman

barnfieldman Rookie

Apr 18, 2006
    Thanks for the offer Neil but I am currently in the US. I have managed to remove the spring, but wouldn't recommend the approach I used to anyone. Whilst we're on the topic of the front suspension does anyone have a recommendation for removing part 26 in Table 17 so that the bushings in part 21 can be replaced?
    Regards
    Paul

7. JulianMerak

JulianMerak Formula 3

8. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Paul
    There is a lock screw (30) 26 reeds a good soak with penetrating oil of some sort, (50-50 Acetone and auto transmission fluid works) try getting it to twist first then
    I made a slide hammer that screwed onto the thread once you take the nuts off.
    From memory it only come out fwd. Good luck.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
  10. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hi Roger!

Yes that has to be 1274, region and colors match, and the fact that it still has its US bumpers, very few K's left in the south. Its owner JB had been in touch years ago but did not send photos, great to see these thanks for posting. It is not the only white car which got its wheels painted white by owners.
    I have to run but will post some of the info he sent me tonight.

I was just in the US a few weeks ago and saw another white one there, will post on that too.

best regards,

Marc

11. flo

flo Rookie

Mar 20, 2014
    Hello at all,
    does anybody know where AM120030 lives nowadays?
    is it still in existance?
    best regards
    flo

12. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Flo,

I hope you are well.

No I have zero on 030, why, did you find it in a Bavarian barn?

I was sorry not to have time to meet you when I was in Schliersee in June but I badly needed a complete break and it was wonderful:)

All the best,

Marc

13. Mexico074

Mexico074 Formula 3

Aug 14, 2008
    Harriman, TN USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Demyanovich
    Hi Marc...

So there are potentially 2 K's in Tennessee !!!! If you have his contact info, please forward mine on to him....
    We might be of help to each other - you never know...

Vielen Dank!

Mike

14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    H Mike,

Done, you have a PM:)

15. flo

flo Rookie

Mar 20, 2014
    Hello marc,
    unfortunally i have not fount 030 in a barn, would love to have.

Info for your database
    bought by

Grassi Luigi, San Vittore Oloha, Via g.Mazzini 38 probably Varese

Seller
    Autosalone Internazionale di G.P.Premoli e.C. 25.3.1974 probably Varese

what colour? interior? was it

all the best
    Flo

16. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Flo,

Thank you for that!

All the best,

Marc

17. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hello Marc

while we talk about K's in Italy, didn't you visit a few of them recently, beginning of this year?

There was one in Civitanove Marche. That one has seemingly been sold recently
    by Automobile Tricolore in Isorella (Brescia), after the engine and the interior was redone
    (darker seats than before) as seen on their Website below: do you know which chassis no. that was?

http://www.automobiletricolore.it/3581/

I enclose a picture to show the new interior.

Best regards
    Roger

18. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
  19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Hello Roger,

Yes I was thee in January with a client but we did not see this one though I have visited Automobile Tricolore on other occasions: middle of nowhere but very nice craftsmanship.
    I would say it is probably 192 which went new to Japan was then taken in trade by Symbolic Motorcars in california, then went to a Chicago dealership and finally to Germany where it at long last found a buyer. Why so unpopular? It was white automatic and had a horrendous and wrong interior color combination of red carpets and beige seats.
    Then a Swiss bought it and redid the interior in beige with beige dash top, door inserts and dash frame white.

I may be wrong but when I see this interior 192 instantly comes to mind. Then if you look at your photo the gear lever is not standard nor is is leather pouch which should be beige but I guess this part of the leather work was not done at the same place or they had run out of that leather. That makes me think this is the latest Khamsin to have had its transmission changed from auto to 5 speed. Unfortunately I did not save the photos of the interior of 192 from when it was at the Artcurial October 30 2016 auction on the Champs Elysees but the new interior looked JUST like that. There it still had its auto box and failed to sell....what would an owner do next? Change the transmission of course!
    I may be wrong but I think it is 192, if anyone knows better please share your info.

On the green car in Portugal not sure, it could be 024 (owned by a German enthusiast) as that will be done in its original light green at some point, just a guess though 024 should have a smooth nose. In any case that country has several very competent workshops that work at rates that are interesting hence a number of northern Europeans have their cars done there.

Best regards,

Marc

20. rga

rga Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Roger the Dodger
    Hello Marc

After re-checking and comparing with the Pictures of 192 I totally agree with you, it must be 192, down to the tinted rear glass panel, driver side rear view mirror etc, and the interior is the same as when it was for sale by Artcurial (I have kept the photos). So it has nothing to do with the one in Civitanove Marche.
    They put it back to the original Blue metallizzato as confirmed by Maserati in a fax to Chicago Classic Cars, and the conversion to 5-speed is certainly a big improvement.

Thanks to your eagle-eye precision!

Best regards
    Roger

21. AMLC

AMLC Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2009
  22. emsiegel13

emsiegel13 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2007
    Grayslake, Illinis
    Full Name:
    Elliot M. Siegel
    it may be "rare' but it looks like a very expensive restoration. That probably why it sat for the last ten years!

23. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery

24. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    For some reason my new post was "swallowed up" in the post above o here it is again with one more photo of 192 as it was and thankfully no longer is:)

Helo Roger,

Well I try:)

I had communicated several years ago with the very nice guy at Chicago Classic cars and got him the factory paperwork on it.
    The fact that the car was unwanted for years in completely the wrong colors and configuration including THE worst ever interior color mix is food for thought.

Now it looks fantastic, surprising that it has a smooth nose but there is no logic to that as Cozza explained to me for my book it was whatever was on the shelf of the Bertone subcontractors who actually did all the preassembly.

Here some photos of hat it was like, so nice to know that is gone forever: watch your eyes though;-)

Regarding the car at Gullwing, I was there September 25 with NYC Khamsinista Carmine, Anthony Stella was most pleasant and gave us the grand tour, what a stash of cars with stories there lots of charisma, wonderful.
    That Khamsin though is the one I had been looking for for years and years which had been...stolen from Al Skolnick who contacted me in 2007 relating what happened decades before, stating New Jersey police seemed not to care. You can google 1260 inside this Khamsin thread, I told he whole story years ago. As mentioned then I met the man who held the car, who had physical possession of it several times but he would never give me the chassis number...he was from the NYC area...

So that, Elliott, is why it sat for years, the primary reason: it was hidden. Gullwing said to me on September 25 that they wee waiting for the title, since July...not sure if they have it now or if there is one...but I would like to see this car find a home and get sorted. I have tried to contact Al Skolnick but did not get anywhere, he was already of a certain age in 2007...

The other funny thing is that the Khamsin at Beverly Hills Car Club, the Los Angeles dealership, obviously a stolen cat at some point has a fairly recent paint sticker...from the NYC area...coincidence?

Best regards,

Marc

View attachment 21166

MK1044 likes this.
  25. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery