I wish Elton was there instead of Vettel. | Page 8 | FerrariChat

I wish Elton was there instead of Vettel.

Discussion in 'F1' started by Dilusha, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Hamilton earned this year’s championship and deserves it. Vettel lost it this year.

Speculation.

Elton and Merc should have been penalized for this. If ANY other team would have done this they would have been penalized.

stavura, fil, P.Singhof and 1 other person like this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Again, Alonso was there actively as a driver/competitor so i have to agree with him.

william and Blackmamba like this.
  3. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    So why has the team chosen an average driver at best as team mate after Nico's departure, a driver who is repeatedly ordered to move over or destroy his own chances to defend Hamiltons? Surely an utterly dominant driver doesn't need al his teams favoritism???

stavura, fil and P.Singhof like this.
  4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    I've not read all the posts in this thread, I can guess the polarising comments/views!

If Hamilton had been in the Ferrari this year would he have won over Vettel in Mercedes, possibly, but only by the fact that Vettel messed up enough to gift it to Mercedes.

For sure Ferrari didn't help Vettel with a number of strategic errors throughout the year; and these mess ups may have also contributed to Vettels mind set, ie undermining it. If Mercedes had made similar mistakes, would Hamilton still be able to perform at the top of his game and not let it get to him? Who knows. Would any driver...?

But at the end of the day, nobody can be perfect all of the time. Vettel is still one of the greats with 4 titles, it was just his year to mess up...!

Put them both in the same car, who would come out on top?? Who knows, Hamilton this year was just in such a serine place mentally, compared to Vettel...

5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    What other top driver was available at the time Mercedes hired Bottas? Ham has already had Champions as team mates and beat them. Name a former champion team mate Schumacher beat?

kraftwerk, william and Blackmamba like this.
  6. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    Nelson Piquet.

7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    They were team mates in 91 only, Schumi did not beat him

8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Why the hell are you starting AGAIN with Schumacher? What does Schumacher have to do with this??? You just post over and over the same stuff just to have posted something, even if it does not have anything to do with the thread....

stavura likes this.
  9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Exactly, nobody knows how Lewis would have performed in a Ferrari facing the same difficulties... and nobody knows how Seb would have performed in a Mercedes without having to mind about anything but racing....but this is what his followers do not get, it is far from certain that he would have won the WDC "easily" with the Ferrari or would do so in future when they dream about him wearing red...
    I say: swaping Lewis and Seb would bring Ferrari not an inch closer to the WDC. Seb might have lost points by spinning, Lewis would most likely have lost points by being unmotivated and distracted as seen this weekend.

10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    If you read the previous posts, you would see I am replying to another person who introduced Schumacher to the conversation, it wasn't me.

11. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    IIRC Lewis was closing in on Seb fast, he probably got wind of it over the radio, hence then he pushed too hard into the kitty litter.

Strategy wise Merc got it bang on, and the planets lined up for Lewis. all told a great result for the Merc team and drivers.

Footnote :It is rather annoying using back handed compliments about team mate wing man because it creates double standards, as in Ferrari would never do that! all the teams do it at some stage when there is a clear mathematical leader for the WDC chase, it makes sense.

12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    That is completely wrong for the last 5 seasons... as shown by Max coming second after starting 18th or numerous "recovery drives" from Seb (although self affected by spinning at the beginning) it is not a problem for RB, Ferrari and Mercedes to overtake all other cars during the full length of a GP even starting dead last. So 6th is the minimum you achieve...
    And every place further up means that you either have to overtake a Mercedes, Ferrari or Red Bull or have luck that something goes wrong for them...and Lewis did not overtake any of them on track!
    This is pure speculation.... one of the main LH44-folowers over here tends to say "there are no ifs and buts, only facts" and this is no fact at all...
    Exactly: Lewis won and that is it and nobody doubts it. But when you say this was the Lewis show it is you making an asterisk to his performance (other than he just won) and in that moment one might say that he does not agree. And as someone else pointed out: this might have been mis-communication but this is not an excuse for not being punished....That weekend Lewis was VERY lucky with the stewards....

stavura likes this.
  13. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Your mate Sid and his mate with a Donkey head Avatar, are always on about it, and post 164 in this thread, you actually made a post 165 below it :confused:

william likes this.
  14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Again pure speculation...
    Exactly: all planets lined up for Lewis...what I said.. a lot of things went on that were NOT in the hands of Lewis
    No, the double standards are in the Mercedes garage and with the LH44-fans.... Mercedes said that they let their drivers race and as soon as it is not a given that they win 1-2 all of the sudden this is forgotten. And the Lewis-fans told us for felt hundred years how Lewis achieved everything without having a number two and now all of the sudden when he wins 2 championships with a CLEAR no.2 everyone else is called having "double standards"

15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Hahaha... reread post no.164 and you will notice this is written in Lewis favour and even the hardcore Lewis-fan liked it.... :D

16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I do believe it’s clear that Mercedes give Hamilton the support he needs emotionally and that makes the difference. He and Vettel are similarly emotionally fragile. When things didn’t go Hamilton’s way this year he dug deep and found something. For whatever reason, Ferrari culture, lack of emotional support for Vettel, after the Hockenheim debaukle he crumbled. Elton performed better and was rewarded with a well earned championship.

17. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I take it that you agree with me then, don't try and put your usual spin on it.

william likes this.
  18. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What are you going on about, :confused:I know that!, you asked who was going on about Lewis's dress sense and I answered, your mindset and issues on here is all wrong, in thinking there is some sort gang mentality, you need to step back and chill strewth...

19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    On what? I answered your post....in two of your three points I did not agree and you can easily find out when you actually READ what people write...
    So you complained that people unfairly judge Lewis by his fashion and bring up an example that factually does not suit your argument at all and once one tells you you go on attack with my "mindset and issues are all wrong"...who puts a spin on that :rolleyes:
    And referring to gang mentality: look at the posts and the likes... no matter what is written pro-Hamilton or only by someone who is known being pro-Lewis you can be certain that all the same guys are liking it no matter how unreasonable it is....and you guys always complain about tolerance missing in this forum but yet you can not help yourself talking every other opinion down as hate, jealousy or whatever...

20. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Look I'll cut to chase here, understandably arguments on the skill set of Lewis as a driver are rather thin on ground now, so any slight mishap either that be how he dresses or combs his hair are jumped on, hilarious eh!
    You appear to me to be talking in riddles,and just like to argue I couldn't care less what Lewis wears is what I said, so do not try and twist it,you may think you are being clever, however I have not the time or inclination to correct you everytime have a good evening :)

william and ktu like this.
  21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Sigh...running out of arguments -> getting personal....check

stavura likes this.
  22. Blackmamba

Blackmamba Karting

Jun 17, 2016
    Lewis delivered an incredible performance in Germany. His tyre management on the first stint on softs was unreal even as he was overtaking cars coming from the back. He was top 5 by lap 14 I think and could then run at his own pace. He took those tyres to over 40 laps, he had to as teams were anticipating rain. Mercedes then made the call that the rain would only be low intensity and decided to give Lewis a slick set of ultra soft tyres. And they were right, it rained a lap later but not very hard. Not hard enough for intermediates anyway, so at that point Hamilton on fresher softer tyres began to catch the leaders by up to 2 seconds a lap and with 15 laps to go he had cut the deficit all the way down to 11.5 sec from around 26 seconds after his pit stop. Hamilton was also just 1.5sec behind Kimi with Bottas a further 1sec ahead. He was gonna make mince meat of both. This is what panicked Vettel because on lap 51 he pushed harder and matched Hamilton’s time. And on lap 52 he was in the wall. As for the fight with Bottas, this is what Bottas had to say;
    "We had a bit of a battle out there, the first lap after the safety car," said Bottas, referring to the resumption of racing following Sebastian Vettel's crash.
    "But I didn't get past him and then I was told to minimise the risk...Which I understand."
    "Here you need a quite a big pace difference to overtake and being more or less on equal tyres it would have been really tricky."

Hamilton drove a sensational race and is rightly hailed for it. It’s not his fault that he is so gifted and others fall apart in tricky conditions. To try and downgrade his achievement because others couldn’t maximise their potential is quite baffling to be honest.

23. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    But the question is, how would F Chatters feel and behave if in 2020 Hamilton was suddenly driving for Ferrari? I doubt that the people at Ferrari hate him the way so many here do. I don't like him any more or less than Vettel. I respect them both as drivers though I think Hamilton is one notch better. And I'd be happy to see Ferrari winning no matter who was driving.

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    he delivered ****, he was completly erased by Seb..he was lucky as hell, it's as simple as that.

crinoid likes this.
  25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Lucky? Is that your spin on this ?

Hamilton started in 14th position on the grid, went through the field like a knife through butter and ended up winning.

I don't call that being "erased" !

Vettel was leading comfortably thanks to a good grid position, and managed to throw his advantage down the toilets by crashing on his own in the rain.

Is that dominating for you ? You bias is showing badly.

Blackmamba and kraftwerk like this.