1985 Ferrari 400i Green Sensor harness question | FerrariChat

1985 Ferrari 400i Green Sensor harness question

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by high123bid, Nov 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. high123bid

high123bid Rookie

Dec 20, 2013
    Minneapolis, MN
    Full Name:
    Bo Andersen
    So, I am putting a 400i back together. Engine was rebuilt. Mechanic lost half the plumbing parts and died.... I am connecting the "green" sensor harness back up. It runs from the back of the engine along the middle of the engine and another branch goes to the front over the the drivers side and back along the passenger side bank towards the passenger seat. Amongst many other sensors, it connects to the the oil pressure switch at the front center top of the engine.

It is all good EXCEPT, I have a SPARE spade connector with a green boot at the back center top of the engine. It looks identical to the spade/boot that connects to the above oil pressure switch. What the heck does it connect to, please? I have been all over the top back of the engine and I am not seeing it. I have also poured over the official documentation and it is eluding me.

2. high123bid

high123bid Rookie

Dec 20, 2013
    Minneapolis, MN
    Full Name:
    Bo Andersen
    thanks in advance for your inputs

taz355 likes this.
  3. POLO35

POLO35 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2005
    Treasure Coast Florida
    Full Name:
    MATT
    Try posting in the 400/412 section. That's a tough one but maybe post a photo and someone will chime in.