I wish Elton was there instead of Vettel. | Page 9 | FerrariChat

I wish Elton was there instead of Vettel.

Discussion in 'F1' started by Dilusha, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You do know that starting outside top 10 Lewis had the free choice of tires...So he started on the "harder" softs rather than on ultrasoft so it is only natural that his first stint was longer, nothing to do with "unreal" tires management. Lewis did 42 laps on soft, Bottas changed at lap 28 and was supposed to do 39 laps on softs in his second stint, Raikkonen was expected to do 53 (!) laps on them. So you see, Lewis´ 42 laps are nothing special or even more "unreal".
    So despite having the harder tires you say Seb was able to match Lewis lap time in lap 52...then you come to the conclusion that he "panicked" which is only your personal opinion. Max (who unlike you raced that day on the same tarmac) said that Sebs crash could have happened to anyone and he did not see that Seb pushed too hard and as far as I remember it was you who told us we should listen to those actually racing rather than the f-chat arm chair jockeys (would be you in this case).
    How about Seb was controlling that race up front and was able to drive faster when needed?
    I remember Senna crashing in Monaco leading and I doubt that anybody would say he panicked and cracked under pressure but simply made a costy careless mistake
    After the restart Valtterie was all over Lewis with 10 laps fresher tires and he did not make the pass because he never closed the door, what he certainly would have done with any other driver on the grid. But being team mates he was extra cautious and one can easily see that. Still he was told to back up...
    I do not know how one can say anything else than Lewis was given the victory by team order...Not that there is anything wrong with that but one can say that without being labelled as "hater"!
    "It is not his fault that he is so gifted"... it is a pleasure to read such unbiased analyses :rolleyes:
    As always, "good" is not enough for you guys, one has to make it "unreal", "sensational" or one is a hater...sick

crinoid and fil like this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I think the conflicting issue is you saying he is "good" when he is great. Basically a "good" driver would'nt achieve the records Ham has. If a "good" driver could do this, records would be broken every season. If you think he is just good then that's fair, that's your opinion, all i'm saying is it may conflict with some posters here when his records states otherwise and so many top F1 drivers and others has already said he is great.

Blackmamba, william and kraftwerk like this.
  3. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    He is a fantastic driver, and anybody that think's otherwise is only kidding themselves IMO.

4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You first sentence is quit telling.... if someone thinks he is only "good" then it is a conflict to you "knowing" he is great. Everything other than "great" is considered blashemy to "dismiss the achievements" and has to be fought by a gang of 5-6 people (depending on who of them is banned at the moment).
    All this started when toil joined this forum and we were told that this is the fredom of speech and we have to be tolerant... more and more people joined this forum with the pure goal to spread the greatness of Lewis, other accounts mysteriously reappeared about a decade after their last post with exactly the same goal. Banned users apparently tried to rejoin with new accounts, all with no other interest than Lewis...Again we were told to be tolerant and ignore that and more and more posters left the F1 section because they were sick about it and what was formerly a subforum of FChat became the "lets praise Lewis" and everybody who does not play according to that is mocked as a hater, homophobic, racist...were is the tolerance in that?
    Just look at the post below your, everybody who has a different opinion is "just kidding himself"....

Kidding yourself is when you come up with your stats and ask why they are not broken every year (what is complete nonsens looking that the top of the stats are over a dominant period of a decade nowadays). You are the very best example of the double standards concerning stats: when someone says "Seb is a 4 times WDC" you come along with "but look at the dominant car he had", when someone says "Michael is a 7 times WDC" you come with "but look at his team mates".. but as soon as it comes to the stats of Lewis all of the sudden they are out of discussion and the sole proof that he is a goat with nobody allowed to look how they were achieved.
    If you look at these stats and don´t figure that the first three hybrid years alone in the most dominant car in the history of F1 boosted both Lewis as well as Nicos stats exceedingly YOU are the one who is kidding yourself. Don´t forget that three years in the hybrid cars (only three!!!) alone brought Nico into the top-twelve of GP winners just one behind Fangio...TOP12 for what is considered the No.2 in the team!!!
    At the same time you come up with trash like "who else won a WDC in the hybrid and non.hybrid era" to elevate Lewis or stupid stuff like "he won in two different teams" rather than just one were brought up as argument. Or you come up with the WDC-driver he drove against even when he did neither outscore Alonso, nore Button, not to mention that he did win 3 of his 5 titles not against one of the WDCs but with a useless finn as No.2 driver (actually another favorite argument of LH44 down the toilet "he never had a No.2"). And winning against Nico is my favorite argument of all of them because he drove against a WDC who became a WDC by beating him so it is actually an achievement for Lewis :rolleyes:

Fact is: you guys have far less tolerance towards other peoples opinions than you request yourself

5. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Man i ain't about to read all that

Blackmamba, bmwracer and william like this.
  6. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    The fact is simple. Hamilton is a 5 time WDC, Vettel is 4. You don't get to either riding on someone else's shoulders. Nicco was a good driver, not a great driver. Bottas is a good driver not a great driver. Weber and Barricello and Massa and Mansell and lots of other past and present are/were good drivers not great drivers...and their career stats prove it. Senna, Clark, Lauda, Piquet, Stewart, (and maybe a couple of more I'm forgetting) were all excellent drivers...better than good but not great...and their stats prove that. Some were held back by personality flaws, others because they just didn't want to drive anymore and so they limited their own rankings in history. Prost must rank ahead of Vettel for his WDCs came over a longer period of time and in different makes of cars. I'd rank Hamilton and Prost equal...and the next year or two will probably move Hamilton above. I'd rank them both great but not the greatest. That leaves us with Fangio and Schumacher. Those two are truly great. Their stats and their circumstances and put them above all the others. I'm fairly certain Hamilton will join them in that status...I doubt Vettel ever will. So what do we say if Hamilton joins Ferrari and wins two more titles? .

kraftwerk likes this.
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes, Seb completly dominated teh race and had bad luck, Elton was just lucky..just as he was at Mónaco 2008....

daytona355 and fil like this.
  8. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Join the club ;)

Blackmamba, bmwracer and william like this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The best way to dominate a race is to WIN it, wouldn't you say ?

Vettel failed to do that, and was the only one to leave the track at that spot; yet another driver error.

It seems that Hamilton detractors will go to any length to denigrate his succes.

Blackmamba likes this.
  10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I am not surprised as this would exceed your attention span...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    He is allready part of the gang...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  12. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Plus no one becomes that successful without lots of hard work, along with inherent skill and support from others, good luck comes when you have the ability to overcome bad luck, then have the will to act on it.

Blackmamba, ktu and william like this.
  13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You right, and Senna and Clark were not great... talking about kidding yourself

fil and stavura like this.
  14. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    According to your way of thinking, drivers like Stirling Moss and Gilles Villeneuve (who both never won a single WDC) were not even good drivers....

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Are you still exchanging with Singhof? You got some stamina !!!
    The guy is micro analysing everything and just wants to fuel polemics all the time to niggle people.
    He calls that "debating". The case is hopeless, IMO.
    My advice is to put him on ignore before he gets you banned.

Blackmamba and ktu like this.
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Could say the same about you william...

daytona355, fil and stavura like this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Shouldn't you be on the Australian thread?

Blackmamba likes this.
  18. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #218 Mark(study), Nov 3, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    I’m most impressed by Lewis’s record for the most pole positions in the history of F1. 81 vs Schumacher’s 68 pole positions and Senna’s 65 poles. Lewis has 80 fewer starts than Schumacher.

ktu, william and Blackmamba like this.
  19. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    He's #1 at giving away points and world titles. And crashing! His crash compilation on Youtube is TEN minutes long.

furoni likes this.
  20. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Good...but their own failures cut short their careers. They might have been fun to watch, but they just didn't win when it mattered.

21. Blackmamba

Blackmamba Karting

Jun 17, 2016
    ?????? Most of those are car failures. Crashes due to driver error are quite few and far between. If you wanna talk about consistency actually Hamilton holds the record for most consecutive points finish at 33. Unbelievable! Hamilton is a great no matter which metric you judge him by.

william likes this.
  22. Blackmamba

Blackmamba Karting

Jun 17, 2016
    Nico of course is not as good as Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton, an all time top 3 great, but that doesn’t mean he was bad. It’s to his credit that he won a championship in the same car as Hamilton ignoring circumstances. He showed promise early in his Williams career after winning the GP2 title in 2005. And Lewis himself always knew what a threat Rosberg posed. Way back in 2011, before there ever was even an inkling that they would become teammates fighting for the title between themselves, Hamilton was asked who he thought were the most talented drivers in Formula 1 and this is what he had to say;

When asked by Spanish newspaper El Pais who he rates as the most talented competitors currently in the top flight - aside from himself - Hamilton listed Mercedes Grand Prix adversary and former karting sparring-partner Nico Rosberg, defending F1 World Champion and early-season runaway pace-setter Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, with whom he fell out so spectacularly when the pair were teamed up together at McLaren back in 2007, the British star's maiden campaign at the highest level.
    "We all believe we are the best, and that's what you have to do, unless you like to finish second," the 26-year-old underlined. "[The best] are Alonso, Vettel and Rosberg, who I've known since I was 13. He (Rosberg) is about to burst through and he will at any time. Sebastian is in a great period with Red Bull and has a lot of confidence.

So you see Rosberg has always been highly rated and I would rather trust Hamilton’s judgement on other F1 drivers than anybody else on this forum I’m sorry to say. I don’t know if it’s allowed but here is the link https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.crash.net/f1/news/169828/1/lewis-hamilton-names-his-three-biggest-f1-rivals%3famp

william likes this.
  23. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice Korr, well no doubt he will making it even longer, it appears he wants to keep breaking records :D

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    As someone who has contibuted a lot more than you to this section, i believe i have every right to be here or in any other place i choose to be, don't confuse the fact that you're alowed to troll others with the power to dictate who is going to be around...yes, the Australian section is not poluted by trolls as this one, but i'll be around here everytime i want...don't like it? use the ignore function....

25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    LOLOLOLO, no, he's crap...

fil likes this.