I wish Elton was there instead of Vettel. | Page 10 | FerrariChat

I wish Elton was there instead of Vettel.

Discussion in 'F1' started by Dilusha, Sep 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    Are you serious? Really??

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So you think Nico is a top-12 driver of all time??? And this with stats only achieved within 3 years??? I doubt and let's see whether I will be called a Nico hater for dismissing his achievements

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Forget about it, anyone who even dares to put Elton on the same sentence as Gilles or Moss clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, and the only thing he knows about the sport are the stats he can read from books. Anyone who ever watched Gilles driving an f.1 car KNOWS he's skill level was far beyond anyone else

fil and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I'm talking about Seabass.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  5. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

It's pointless and ridiculous to compare drivers of different eras.
    A driver can only be compared to his peers, his opponents, and not other drivers 40 years back.

Hamilton is for many the best of his era, with Vettel behind him. Together, they share the last 10 years of success.
    In spite of their talent, neither Moss, nor Gilles Villeneuve were best in their era.

Having been Fangio understudy at Mercedes, Stirling Moss literally scuttled his career in 1956/57 when he signed a 10 years contract with British Petroleum on the advice of Ken Gregory, his manager.
    That made him rich and his future secure, but closed the doors to many teams that were under contract with other oïl companies.
    Moss obtained some exemptions from BP from time to time to race for another sponsor, but never did a whole season with a work team after that.
    Moss drove mostly year old Cooper and Lotus cars for Rob Walker, and occasionally for BRM, his father's team.
    Moss gave Cooper and Lotus their first GP wins, beating the works team in a private car!
    Moss could have succeded Fangio but mostly won races sporadically and often against the odds.
    In spite of a huge power deficit, he humiliated Ferrari twice in 1961, at Monaco and the Nurburgring, on an old Lotus Junior fitted with a 4-cyl engine !!
    He never achieved his immense potential and also regretted later to have retired too early.

I watched Gilles Villeneuve; he was very spectacular and that made him popular with the crowd, but on the whole not very successful.
    I think that had he not trashed his cars to destruction, and taken unnecessary risks, he would have achieved more.
    Villeneuve drove for instant gratification, and wouldn't pace himself to aim at a championship. That was against his ethic not to race to the limit.
    Enzo Ferrari loved him for his flamboyance, but backed Schekter for the title instead. . That says it all.

Blackmamba likes this.
  6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Gilles was popular because he was the best the worl have ever seen, by far, he was able to do things nobody else would...the fact that he didn't won the title is insignificant..just as it is for Moss, or Ronnie. Gilles wa sthe ebst of his era buy a huge margin, everyone of his oponents admit it, Prost, Lauda, Pironi, Arnoux, keke, you name it, they all agree he was simply out of their reach...this is all i need to confirm what i saw on track...his talent was beyond anyone elses, ant nobody, nor Senna nor Michael can compare to him, lewast of all an average driver like Elton. Crapilton wins races with the ebst car on the grid, Gilles won with the worst....swap places and you can be sure Elton won't be winning, he wouldn't even get a sniff at points!

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    #232 ktu, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Lol please, Ham would fly around the world, record a album, promote a clothing line, screw three supermodels and still come back and kick Gilles a#@

tifosi12, Blackmamba and william like this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

In my book, Gilles Villeneuve was good at showboating and enjoyed himself doing it.
    Probably the driver with most car control at the time, although many of his exhibitions ended up in the catch fencing!
    That may have impressed a lot of people, but it didn't amount to much in terms of actual results.
    As for being the full article and mount a serious challenge to the championship over the course of a season, not a chance.
    I am wondering how he would deal with 3 engines per season, etc ... when he needed sometimes 3 cars per weekend !!! Only kidding
    The best world driver ever ? Nah ...

We will always disagree on this since you like to wax lyrics over Villeneuve, and I prefer to call a spade a spade.

Blackmamba likes this.
  9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

LOL

10. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

So you are unaware of the truth ;)

11. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    I just just gave you the truth

Blackmamba likes this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

So what if Lewis is a gender bender?

You have a problem with that too?

Blackmamba likes this.
  13. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    There is no evidence of this, haters like to use it as another distraction from his success

Blackmamba and william like this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I know, but they like to throw mud.

Blackmamba likes this.
  15. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And that is why we all know you have no knowledge, and are only here for arguments

fil and stavura like this.
  16. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Well, doubt you’ll go back, they didn’t take kindly to you trying to go and peddle ******** over there did they? Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

17. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

I do not care.
    In my industry it's not uncommon.

However, they don't attempt to hide their authenticity with staged paparazzi shots.

daytona355 likes this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares

daytona355 likes this.
  19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

All I am interested in is what happens on the track.

The intrusive media make too much of people's private life, IMO.

Blackmamba, kraftwerk and Mark(study) like this.
  20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Furoni said ; This just shows how litle you know about Gilles, .......

I said my piece about Gilles Villeneuve.

That's it.

Don't expect me to change my tune.

Blackmamba and kraftwerk like this.
  21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ...i don't think anyone expects much from you William....

daytona355 and fil like this.
  22. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Anybody who once dated Nicole Sherzinger wins in my book.

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Gilles was great, super talented and a deeply flawed individual. Just read his lifetime story (aside from having seen/met him back in the early eighties). His personality got in the way of him winning the WDC. Guys like Rosberg, Lauda and Prost are less spectacular, much more calculated and that's how they got their Championships. Gilles might have driven the wheels off Hamilton and bagged more pole positions, but he wasn't the guy to capitalize on that as much.

Blackmamba, kraftwerk and william like this.
  24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Question is..did he really dated her?

daytona355 likes this.
  25. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

... says the man who contributes greatly to this forum by posting that everybody and everything he doesn't like sucks .

Right, architecto ?

Blackmamba likes this.