ideas on hanging garage emblems | FerrariChat

ideas on hanging garage emblems

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by daviddallas, Aug 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daviddallas

daviddallas Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
  2. daviddallas

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
  3. clonmeliw

clonmeliw Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Jeff Fischer
    Bought the cavallino and the script in a slightly larger size about two years ago. In the instructions they suggest possibly mounting them on spacers to give a greater sense of depth. I used slightly thickish washers and normal double sided tape from Home Depot and, with the spacers, they are only fixed to the wall at about 6" intervals. They have a foam core with a brushed aluminum face so they're pretty light and I've had no problems whatsoever. It's a little time consuming as they come in quite a few pieces and you'll want to get the spacing right but they look terrific. The only interesting note is that the dot over the "i" is actually elliptical whereas the "real" script appears to be rectangular. Probably a copyright thing but you'd never notice unless you went looking.

4. daviddallas

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
    thanks, great info

5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I got the same thing off of eBay. After several attempts for the letters to stick, I think I got it. I got small wooden dowels from Lowes and used "Liquid Nails" glue to attach them to a plank of wood. I tried several glues and none lasted more than a week. Liquid nails has held. I didn't want to use double sided tape as once on, you can't move it.
    I used the "F: and "dot" to layout the other letter spacing with painters tape along the edges so the spacing would be OK. So far so good.

Why I took pics of this process I'll never know...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. daviddallas

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
    nice, thanks for the input

7. daviddallas

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
  8. clonmeliw

clonmeliw Karting

Aug 27, 2016
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Jeff Fischer
    That's a REALLY nice garage! The black lowers with the white separation look great. NewAge Pro cabinets?

9. daviddallas

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
    thanks and yes on the new age cabinets.

of course the Ferrari under cover is red and black..

10. sandreb

sandreb Karting

Feb 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sander B.
    I used loc-tite power grab and it is holding up well.

11. daviddallas

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
    well after a week ig Prancher had fallen down, so stickups i posting didnt work

trying another...

12. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    Perhaps some neodmyium industrial magnets? Super cheap on Amazon. Since sign is aluminum, use high strength epoxy to attach some fender washers to back of the sign (key the surface where epoxy will attach with some 80 grit paper, clean with acetone). Screw some thin, disc-shaped magnets to the wall (you can buy them already pre-drilled and countersunk). Attach sign once epoxy has full cured (give it a few days to cure properly).

Something like this should work. Depending on the sign's weight, you can use a few smaller magnets, or a couple of larger magnets.
    https://www.amazon.com/Personalized-Multi-Use-Whiteboard-Magnetic-Refrigerators/dp/B076RV524B/ref=pd_sim_328_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B076RV524B&pd_rd_r=38349207-e5c4-11e8-8349-9126162516c7&pd_rd_w=qJhrV&pd_rd_wg=b74JG&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=18bb0b78-4200-49b9-ac91-f141d61a1780&pf_rd_r=4M4K9M6JB9WW2K40HFWB&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=4M4K9M6JB9WW2K40HFWB

Biggest PITA is aligning everything up. I'd use as large (and thin) a fender washer as you can source so that you have some room for adjustment room.

If you go this route, make sure to buy appropriate strength magnets. Too weak and the sign will tend to slide down under its own weight. Too strong and you'll have a hard time getting the sign off the wall. Good luck.

13. 458 Spider 0414

458 Spider 0414 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2017
    MIAMI, FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    RAY
  14. HH11

HH11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 4, 2010
    I would suggest using an anchor with a heavy duty screw and put it through the center hole in the cavallino. Maybe another underneath its right front leg to stabilize it. If the screw is silver you wont even notice it.

I have a small black cavallino in my office and did just that. You cant even tell the screw is there.

Attached Files:

458 Spider 0414 likes this.