Independent Transport Carriers | FerrariChat

Independent Transport Carriers

Discussion in 'New England' started by Rossocorsa1, Nov 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I'm making plans to take my cars to the Cavallino Classic in January and I would like to consider my options. I have had fair success with one of the large transporters but I would really like to consider a small independent carrier that transports one to two cars at a time. Can anyone suggest someone in the northeast or mid atlantic region? My cars are in the Baltimore area. Thank you.

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ted doesn't transport cars out of the NE area, but he does arrange shipping nationwide. You could contact him and see who he recommends.

https://www.yerarditransport.com/

3. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Thank you

4. Anthony James

Anthony James Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2012
    Essex
  5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

I have used Intercity many times. I've been fairly happy with them but I always felt uneasy for a few reasons. I'll hold off on the criticism, but let's just say I'm very particular about my cars and I don't think they are accustomed to someone who's as obsessive as me. I may in fact use them again but I would like to explore if a small independent hauler who carries one or two cars only is a viable option first.

6. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    The challenge is that it's just a job. Nobody will ever care like an owner does.

Texas Forever likes this.
  7. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I object to that kind of BS . :eek:
    I've been known to be more obsessive about the cars in my care than their OCD owners usually are. :rolleyes:
    In fact, I've been known to care more about the cars than about their owners. ;)

8. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Tim, I meant the owner of the transport, not the owner of the car ;)

9. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    I know and I meant the latter :D
    That's why when long ago one of restorations received an unexpected/-solicited verbal invitation to Amelia Island from B.W. himself, I had to buy an (enclosed) trailer to transport it there.
    It also made the delivery of the car to clients new home in NC convenient right after the show and he not only paid for my time & expenses on the road, but paid all expenses for me to present the car with him at the show, etc.
    I also took an opportunity of that trip to order and pickup my custom-built tool & supply cabinets from "Lista" in MA, which would've cost few grand in shipping plus I got paid full fare to bring another friends vintage car from NJ to L.A.
    So, in the end, my OCD & that trip netted me a nice enclosed trailer, which after a decade and numerous other client & personal hauls/trips I manage to sell for several hundred $s more than I had paid for it ten years before (?!?) o_O

10. Jasonberkeley

Jasonberkeley Formula 3

Apr 23, 2017
    NW Corner, CT
    Full Name:
    Jason Berkeley
    Ted is awesome. He has transported for me on multiple occasions and treats the car as I do.

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Thank you. I connected with Ted and he is helping me out with some potential options. Unfortunately Ted sticks to a 250 mile radius.

12. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I may have a solution for you. 508.353.6480 in case you're still looking.

13. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I’ll call you today.

14. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    Has anyone had any experience with Joncyn Transport? The owner is Jon Stowe.