What really lost Ferrari and Vettel the WDC this year? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What really lost Ferrari and Vettel the WDC this year?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Igor Ound, Nov 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Max 3 choices

1. Arrivabene’s incompetence

7 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. Kimi’s lack of support

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  3. Marchionne’s death

13 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Strategists’ bad calls

47 vote(s)
    54.0%
  5. Backwards technical updates

14 vote(s)
    16.1%
  6. Vettel’s mistakes

72 vote(s)
    82.8%
  7. FIA’s rulings

9 vote(s)
    10.3%
  8. Mercedes and Hamilton’s brilliance

32 vote(s)
    36.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    I was at Monza, the initial cries of "bastardo" fell away when the TV showed the replay with Seb being at largely at fault.
    Yes its a partisan Ferrari crowd but they have eyes and i think Hamilton was generally given respect an enemy winner is due and for sure given credit in the Italian press, along with exasperation at Ferrari.
    "Don't throw your sword in the canal when Lewis visits your house" was the idiosyncratic headline in the Gazzetta.
    i.e the Elton/Merc enemy is a formidable one and if we **** up at our own track we pay the price, and what a price it was...

ATBNM3 likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Yes. The press were completely not in favor of Vettel. The error was apparent. Objective fans are not fools. With margins so close errors have to be minimized or not title again next year for Ferrari.

ATBNM3 and tifosi12 like this.
  3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    And they got it right.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It'll be really interesting to see how Seb stacks up against Charles next season. The rookie still makes mistakes so it might still look good for Vettel.

ATBNM3 and DF1 like this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11542587/sebastian-vettel-says-ferrari-f1-title-mission-unchanged

Sebastian Vettel says he still has a championship "mission" to complete at Ferrari after missing out on the 2018 crown - but is not sure whether he will get a better chance.

Vettel appeared to be the title favourite earlier in the season before he and Ferrari suffered a torrid run, and an in-form Lewis Hamilton wrapped up the championship at the last race in Mexico.

Watching his rival celebrate was gutting for Vettel, but he insists the experience has just made him even more determined to end Ferrari's decade-long wait for a drivers' title.

"I still have a mission here and I still want to win," Vettel said in Brazil. "That hasn't changed.

"Last race was a tough one to swallow and probably the winter will be as well. But giving up is not an option."

Vettel, however, also knows he has missed a big chance to beat Hamilton to becoming a five-time world champion this year.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  6. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Except most of this thread has been about Seb making mistakes. I think Charles has had more car issues that have hurt him than his own mistakes.

7. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Noticing the Mercedes hats and shirts on most of those in the photos, I don’t think you get my point, but as we get banned for disagreeing with anyone that is an Elton fan, I’m not going to press it, I don’t care. I made a point based on fact and experience, being in the crowd booing along with them

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I've been to the Monza GP many times. No question it is primarily a pro Ferrari crowd. That said there are a lot of other fans, be that Hamilton, Verstappen or (back in the old days) McLaren/Hakkinen fans. I remember once sitting on the main grandstand right smack between the two groups: On my left a row of red shirts and on my right nothing but silver.

Yes the tifosi are almost by definition pro Ferrari. But any GP has visitors from all over the world. Just as the British GP is not a 100% pro Hamilton crowd either.

9. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And the point being? Sorry, I don’t understand..... you are arguing that in my opinion the vast majority of tifosi dislike Elton and don’t support him? Or are you agreeing with me? I honestly don’t know from what you’ve posted. I didn’t say at any point the entire 100% crowd was against him, I said the tifosi was against him, just in case that didn’t come across, and in Italy, the vast majority of the crowd is, as expected, Ferrari tifosi, just as in Britain, the vast majority of the crowd is, well actually, still tifosi, since Ferrari have the most fans of any team, the most vocal though are probably the Elton fans at his home race of course