Recent F12 purchase observations | FerrariChat

Recent F12 purchase observations

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Alcav5, Nov 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Bundy, Boomhauer, Gh21631 and 9 others like this.
  2. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Beauty. Which Red? Love the racing seats. I got Daytona seats but may switch them out.

Drive it well

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  3. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    stellar. What amazing cars these are (and now with the depreciated, price...wow.)

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  4. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Rosso Berlinetta , I'm told its the launch color.. It's awesome.

I'm so happy w the seats , they just fit the occasion imo..,

5. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    Congrats. Looks beautiful with the tan interior and it’s rare to see those race seats in tan. Enjoy in good health.

6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Congratulations for your lovely new Rosso F12 . The car is a great GT with a fantastic power train. The racing seats look really nice and because I also have them on mine I find them comfortable and one can travel long journeys without having to see a chiropractic.

7. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Looks so good in red. Drive it well.

Anyone heard from Mike?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  8. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations! What a beauty!!! Enjoy it!!

9. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Yesterday when I picked it up, I had to get used to the steering , it kind of felt like it wanted to be out of alignment, like it did not want to stay center. I got used to it towards the evening and the feeling like it wanted to steer itself faded. I don't think there is an alignment issue.

Since it is replacing a 430 that I was my weekend driver I took to drive it the same way , in manual mode and usually no higher than 3rd in around town driving. Well obviously it's not the same. Torque is so plentiful that I was able to locally drive around town (slow) in 4th and yet it still felt strong & peppy enough that if I wanted to dart around something or feel a little rush I could without down shifting. Couldn't do that in the 430. So now if I'm going to find myself in 4th more often then I may as well let the auto mode get me there rather than paddle there. Something to think about...

The front feels light. I'm thinking to myself, be careful of understeer. But it's only my 2nd day & I have not come close to really knowing if that is the case. I watched a few CH & JC videos and this car driven properly should behave very well. I think they deemed it balanced fairly well.

I did a number of local errands today. While in Bed bath & beyond this guy was parked next to me , at the far end of the lot of course. Today was a great day to drive around.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds, randkin, v12lob and 3 others like this.
  10. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I went through the same experience when I got my F12 this year.

My advice would be to step on it more. The car lays down power like you wouldn't believe. Throw it in race mode if you want to spin the tires.

Overall the thing is extremely well behaved under any street condition you could conjour up. You really need to get it to the track to get it's limits.

Overall the car is really amazing.

11. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The F12 is one of those cars that I doubt you'll ever be able to explore to the limits on a road. The car is fast, very fast, and when you step on the accelerator the V12 produces that instantaneous torque and acceleration which sometimes is frightening. I love the F12 direct and light steering and it's economy of movements because it enables to place the car with great accuracy exactly where we want. For some one new to it at the beginning the steering might feel too direct and too light but after some getting used to I think we like it more and more. On good and dry tarmac the F12 sticks to the road like if it has glue on the tires but on polished or wet asphalt things can be very different and therefore a dose o care is needed on the way the accelerator is pressed. It doesn't matter if we just take it around town or on a long trip, the F12 is always a pleasure to drive and makes me wonder how was possible that with the 812 they made an even better machine.

Bundy and of2worlds like this.
  12. RAKLAW

RAKLAW Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Westchester,NY & Sarasota FL
    Full Name:
    RAK
  13. RAKLAW

RAKLAW Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Westchester,NY & Sarasota FL
    Full Name:
    RAK
    AHA
    I was visiting Miller the other day.. THat's the 2014 beauty. Great color. Very special.

14. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I suggest replacing the Pirelli tires with the MPSS or if they have MPS4S. My F12 only began to feel light in the front at really really high speeds on the autostrada.

Bundy, of2worlds and MDEL like this.
  15. DOWORKFCAR

DOWORKFCAR Formula Junior

Oct 15, 2016
    Enjoy! I’m possibly thinking of trading in my 550 for an F12 in the next few years. Stunning spec!

16. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Did a car ride w pals this morning.

All I could say is smooth. Barry White smooth...

So smooth I don't even want to shift manually. I love shifting manually.

And it's just the beginning , I hope winter doesn't come to NY for a while.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    You will love this car more and more. And when the Spring arrives and the temps go up, you'll love it more!

of2worlds likes this.
  18. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    So true. Just getting to know my 16F12.

Clarkson was right. Docile in town and a beast when you put your right foot down.

Come to Florida. We don’t have that thing they call winter ......

Where’s Mike on this discussion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  19. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    So last night I was taking someone for a ride and I slightly punched it and then lost the rear for a long second. Gained composure and swore that move off.. for ever.

For a couple days or so there is a thread about the tires for F12. I didn't think I needed to be concerned because I have no intentions of tracking my car. After last night I wonder if I should be.
    The last post I read there I think it inferred the Michelins are a better tire for grip . I check this morning and my tires are Pirelli's.
    So now do I consider a change or is it a matter of subjectivity.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

20. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Yes. Change. Especially colder damp times in NE.

Done that move. LOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGG second.

I suspect but cannot prove more accidents with our cars at this time of year. Like it’s not snowing so why not go for a ride ( but it’s cold and maybe damp).

My colleague wrecked his 456 on Thanksgiving in PA ten years ago when his former trainee came and he offered a ride. He swore he only tapped the accelerator and the rear end broke loose. Into a ditch.

Hard to resist the urge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  21. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    What driving mode were you in?

SV

22. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Like I've mentioned on the other thread about the F12 tires I had the Pirellis P Zeros and changed them one year ago by the Michelins Pilot Super Sport. I find that the MPSS have better grip both on dry and wet conditions. They also feel softer than the P Zeros and at high speed seem to transmit less vibrations to the chassis.

23. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Race.

My bad, it was damp from previous night rain,,, I swear I just tapped it.

24. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Could I use tire rack as a price point metric , not that it will matter. If I don't change this season , I definitely will do it spring time.

MDEL likes this.
  25. My 1st

My 1st Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2017
    Gladwyne, PA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You cannot depend on summer tires below 45 +/- .
    You’re skating on thin ice.
    Get tire rack to spec some wheel/winter tire.
    Of course you’re not looking to drive in a snowstorm, but you can safely enjoy your F12 in colder weather.