FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO HEINEKEN DO BRASIL 2018 INTERLAGOS GRAND PRIX: QUALIFYING ***SPOILERS*** | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO HEINEKEN DO BRASIL 2018 INTERLAGOS GRAND PRIX: QUALIFYING ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Nov 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    The Hamilton hate has gotten out of hand IMO. What these people forget or overlook is that Niki Lauda, one of the greatest at Ferrari and a hero to me, lured him to Mercedes. He wouldn't countenance cheating of any sort and he sure as sh*t knew (and knows) talent when he see sees it. I wish the mods would cut some of these guys off- it's non stop it never ends and it cheapens the board big time when we're calling F1 drivers pedophiles. Grow up already- you're ruining it for everyone.

william, Patrick Dixon, BOKE and 6 others like this.
  2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    This is an utter disgrace, For a much less serious incident they fried Seb, this is just absurd, what Elton did was very , very close to what got Gilles Killed!
    This also clearly shows that Ferrari lacks leadership to put things straight...

BOKE, sammysaber, jgonzalesm6 and 3 others like this.
  3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Probably the stewards thought that it wouldn't be right to beat a dead horse. Also that would force them to penalize Hamilton too to avoid getting a lot of flak. So, hey, nothing happened!

Anyway, I've always thought that these "arbitrary" checks during a qualifying should be done in other way. It's not the first time that they ruin someone's qualifying.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  4. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    It would appear that you are the one calling HamBone a "Pedophile. All I am saying is Elton is so immature that about the only ones at his level of maturity is the grid kids!!!!

Thinking about it now the grid kids are more than likely more mature than HamBone ever could be.

daytona355, Jakuzzi and fil like this.
  5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I'm not a Hamilton fan, but there was no reason to penalize him. Sirotkin was actually NOT on a flying lap trying set a quali time as it appeared to everyone watching including the commentators. He was going way too fast and none of the drivers in front of him nor their crew would think someone would be going at 100% in that situation. Both drivers were on the lap leading up to flying lap so they should have been going slower and trying to maintain a gap in between one another.

What Seb did was dumb as he should have known the rules, but the rule to begin with is ridiculous. Why not do random weigh ins during the race when a car comes into the pits just to make sure they are at proper weight? Same thing to me...22k GBP fine is better than anything else. At least it should replace those fragile scales.

6. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    They need to change the weigh rules, make it so the driver has to weigh before returning to the garage in a session but can pit and lap normally otherwise. Calling someone to weigh in at that moment in qualifying is monumentally stupid.

That said, seb complied with the wording of the rules anyway by shutting his engine off, and if the officials had any sense of urgency at all there'd be no issue.

turbo-joe, sammysaber, cmos and 3 others like this.
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Seb didn't penalize sainz either ins Austria, even sainz said so..but they still penalize him!

classic308 likes this.
  8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Trolling pedophilia reference. Banned until the end of the season.

Regards,
    Andrew.

cig1, A348W, J.K.P and 7 others like this.
  9. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Exactly! In Q, every second counts, and they pull in a driver to weigh the car? I mean, there may be abuses where the car is underweight to get a faster time, but wouldn't that still show after Q is over? After Q, have all the cars come in to the weigh station. If the car is underweight, hit them with a penalty that will affect their grid position. Done.

10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    What a farce, they must have laurel and hardy working this weekend....... they make themselves look like a ****ing joke these days.... Still, proves we were right all along, the stewards and FIA are cheating on behalf of Mercedes. Blatant blocking and dangerous driving doesn’t matter as long as you as driving a Mercedes. If Vettel or Kimi made the same moves, they’d be starting in Buenos Airies

11. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I don’t think Niki Lauda is entirely free of the urge to use any means necessary to win, and Mercedes are absolutely capable of cheating, would you like me to make a list of those that have been caught and proven?, let alone the suspected ones where they either got away Scot free, or made a deal to avoid reprimands?

It may not seem like it, but ferrari tifosi are also allowed to be involved in the discussions, and our opinions, while not shared by you, are as valid as anyone else’s. I think I’m just more passionate about ferrari than many people, and I won’t apologise for that

fil, nietoale1 and sammysaber like this.
  12. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    IIRC Ross Brawn took the can for the Pirelli testing - and has gone on record re the conniving duo of Rat/Toto while he was there.

Best,
    Sammy

fil and daytona355 like this.
  13. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    No need to apologize, but realize there are fans of other marquees and some of us are just fans of the sport. You constantly talk about Hamilton’s whining, but when he wins all you can whine about is how Mercedes is cheating.

I consider myself a Hamilton fan, but I don’t follow him personally. I have zero interest in his personal lifestyle/dress/appearance, who he is dating, or what his sexual preference may be. I guess what I’m getting at is, quit your bitchin and let’s get back to talking racing. We all (trust me) know you despise Hamilton and anything other than Ferrari. We don’t need to be reminded every 3 posts.

william and bmwracer like this.
  14. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If the conversation is thee to be had, you can’t stop posters you don’t like posting their opinions. If I feel I have something to add, I can, I don’t have to think about whether you or anyone else wants to let me post. Getting personal about me is not really fair, plenty of people share my views here, read some of the other tifosi posters. We are here because to us, ferrarichat is a natural place for us to congregate. Much as we have to tolerate fans of other marques and drivers, they too have to tolerate us, that’s only fair. I haven’t been horrible or personal to you or anyone else here, so please don’t be personal towards me. For your information, I’ve been as close to the F1 team over the past 20 years as anyone here, so my insights are grounded in paddock facts as well as personal opinion. You can use the ignore function if you don’t appreciate my take on events, much as I do with some of the more testing Elton fans (which you are not one of)

15. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Except you rarely add anything, instead you pick at Mercedes/Hamilton fans with what is essentially duplicate posts.

william likes this.
  16. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think that if you believe that, then look at my posting history, just over the last few days would show you, I’m active in probably 30 different threads, only a handful are here in the f1 section. I’ve provided help for other owners with issues with their cars, discussed the virtues of various models, joked around at pictures of grid girls, helped two posters get THOUSANDS of dollars back from fraudsters based in the UK, and offered support to various members where they have needed it. The fact that I support Ferrari in F1, and voice my opinion on subjects being discussed, is a natural part of being a member here

In this thread, you’ll find you’ve heard from me quite a bit, because some posters lie yourself have taken it upon themselves to try to attract a negative reaction from me by picking at my posts. There are far more Elton fans here posting derogatory comments about Ferrari and Sebastian than there are tifosi answering them. I am simply a glutton for punishment in wanting to state the pro-ferrari case in the face of constant attack

nietoale1 and turbo-joe like this.
  17. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    I don’t think any of us want Ferrari fans to disappear. Most of us are Formula One fans too. We’re all exhausted of seeing the bull crap repeated over and over again.

william, ktu, Patrick Dixon and 2 others like this.
  18. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    If the taunting from the Elton fans, and constant argumentative threads were to stop, then I’m sure you’d get a far better standard of forum. Unfortunately Elton’s fans on the whole seem to want to make everything an argument whether they have a point or not. The argument seems to stem around their being unable to accept that others don’t see him as some kind of god or goat, and they think they will brainwash everyone into thinking he is by manipulating every conversation. If they were to accept that people don’t have to accept their point of view, and the world would still turn, then the messes that we see in this forum wouldn’t happen. However, if they press press press about how good he is, or how he is this or that, then they are going to have others share their opposite point of view, after all, the majority of people that visit ferrari chat are, strangely, in some way admirers of ferrari, and by default, would not be interested in praising the teams chief adversary.

fil and sammysaber like this.
  19. sammysaber

sammysaber Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2011
    How about the people who say Hamilton" is the best - yeay !" upon us losing the WDC - they have nothing to add except to succeed in getting reactions.People who say that Schumacher deserves to be on his death bed.- the same people who say that only statistics matter but Senna/Schuey stats don't count anyway because blah blah blah. What do they add except for incitement .And half the time they get their facts wrong - just look through the threads though I wouldn't advise it for the sake of keeping your sanity.

The problem I have with all this is that I'm getting a headache trying to go back and forth trying to bring valid points when a couple of posters are making such sweeping statements again and again and again. Whilst I totally understand why one could be a fan of him , I don't quite get why they're not on the Mercedes forums doing high fives on his 5 time WDC rather than trying to score points and goading us while not adding anything except the bloody obvious here.

Yes we know Hamiton won.

Best,

Sammy

fil and daytona355 like this.
  20. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    I guess all the Hamilton haters must hate Lauda too. That's pretty much how mature they are.

william likes this.
  21. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    It's always something with that Vettel.

It's always something.

22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015