Cyrstal Cove 11/15 - Caravan? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cyrstal Cove 11/15 - Caravan?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by JRocks, Nov 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Woohoo! We get to meet Ben and his buddy! :)

Sunny

2. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Hey guys! Sounds great, can someone give me the address of our rondevous polint so I can mapquest it?

Byron- sadly I'm only here through Sat afternoon, gotta jet back for Sunday's north coast run!

Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday!

Best!
    Ben.

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Seat's Looking Excellent, Slag. You don't mind if I call you Slag, do you?

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan

Are you having trouble getting a ride from the hotel to Crystal Cove Ben?

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks! I just did the other one tonight & also the center console. I might start installing the carpet after CC tomorrow.

Only my friends call me Slag - So you definitely can! :)

6. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Hey guys. I keep hearing about Crystal Cove and have yet to make it. It seems like I always had something else planned (or maybe I was just making excuses not to have to wake up that early .. ha ha). Anyway, I am determined to meet some of you. I have not been avidly involved on the site so you probably don't recognize my username. I am more of a interested "sideline" participant. I plan to meet you at the Coffee Bean in the morning for the drive over. I will be in a yellow 355 Berlinetta. Thanks!

Jeffrey

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice Jeffrey - We didn't have a 355 last time. :)

8. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Ok, NEW PLAN :) Since I'm staying at the Marriott in Newport Beach, which is only about 15min away from Crystal Cove (acording to a map, ha!)

I can either: Meet up with some kind soul at the hotel, or...

Just go to Crystal Cove and meet everybody there. What time are you all planing to be at CC?

If someone whats to rondevous at the hotel, give me a call on my cell phone at 707-235-8663

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Best!
    Ben.

9. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I was actually surprised by the turnout. Cars were in overflow today. And to see not 1, not 2, not even 3, but 4 512 Boxers was way cool (I loved the blue one).

Pleasure meeting some of the new members today to.

10. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Actually I think it was 5 boxers at one point after you left!

Ill post my pictures in a few hours.

11. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Sorry I couldn't make it.. I left my left contact out accidently and it basically dried out and cracked into 3 pieces, so I had a heck of a time just getting to work. Luckily, I had one from an old perscription, so it caused a slight blurriness out of the left eye and I made it to work and to LA ok. I haven't worn glasses in years so my 'backup' was in LA. :(

Its been a bad week, someone hit my car in the parking lot and didn't leave a note, ruined the left lens cluster and put a fist sized dent in the fender and didn't leave a note. Its not bad but thats the biggest button someone can push of mine. I'll make it to the next drive on the 23rd, I hope to see everyone there! Literally. LOL!

12. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Jesus Sunny! You really have had a bad week. Thats terrible news about your car :( Look around other cars in the lot. Judging by dents on them you might be able to figure out who it was. Nail the guy! Well, just put this week behind you and look forward to the next drive :)

13. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Finding who did it out of a parking lot of a couple thousand cars and trucks with other lots in the area for other buildings is not going to happen. There is also no paint left behind, I have a couple pencil tip sized chips and two scrapes that can be wet sanded out. The lens cluster took most of the damage. I don't think it was a car, the only damage was to the fender and nothing to the bumper (that wasn't already there). So I'm thinking SUV or a truck. Its going to cost as much to fix as my deductable ($250), maybe slightly more but not by much. I HATE San Diego and its because of the drivers and the traffic. Its not enough to make me take my old job though. I'll have to get used to living around bigger idiots than in LA.

Sunny

14. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Sunny- you were missed. Maybe we will see you on the next drive.

-Jay.

15. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    Sunny, sorry to hear about your misfortunes, nice pic of mt. soledad in you profile and the Jag. Native SD and seen it grow too much already, I know I won't retire here. I-5 is unusable especially thru Carlsbad even on weekends, never used to be that way. I live in the UTC area.