Glickenhaus' SCGs | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Glickenhaus' SCGs

Discussion in 'Special Projects & Concept Cars' started by Igor Ound, Jul 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    IMO 004 and 006 needs a smooth running high reving quad cam motor, possibly even a 12, if youre building a euro inspired and driving car it needs a euro style motor.. Its the smoothness and revability of an ohc motor that works for these types of cars, otherwise its sorta like a vette or a modern rendition of the intermechanica from the early 70s.

The question boils down to who builds a Na quad cam motor thats emissions certified.
    Ford we know does with both the mustang Gt and Gt 350. I think cosworth does an emisisons friendly version of the ford, which adds provenance and performance. The Aston V12 if the motor is still in production?
    I wonder if Lambo would sell Jim some Aventador 12's.

Still I would talk to mercury marine about emissions certifying their motor.

Much as i love a SBC it just seems the wrong motor for these otherwise well sorted and excellent cars. But then maybe the price is super reasonable.
    Or maybe Jim is prepared to sell a roller, and then we can install our own motor.

Perhaps possibly with the impending demise of the 750 hp zr1 motor and the vette moving to quad cam these older SBC will be able to carry the classic moniker for these cars. But still one could just get a zr1.

BJK likes this.
  2. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    GNARly dude!

SV

3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Wonder when the 3 seater will go into production

4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    ummm, according to the press release, 004S will begin deliveries next year.
    Add on some "due to circumstances beyond our control" time, and figure early 2020. ;)

F2003-GA likes this.
  5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Would love to see it in person one day

6. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I hate to say it, and I hope I wrong. But this venture seems a little late to the party. Cars are changing and fast. Electric powertrains are quickly taking over. It's nice to be nostalgic etc, but if this company is to survive in the long term, they really need to get with the current technologies.

I wish him well...so much so I'm kind of interested in becoming a dealer for the car.

F2003-GA, of2worlds and Igor Ound like this.
  7. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Well back in 2010 he built his F430 GT2 based P4/5C (Competizione) - his one-off race car that raced the 24 Hrs of Nurburgring in 2011 and for 2012 added a F1 style KERS system (kinetic energy-recovery system). So I'm sure he is well aware of current hybrid systems. One step at a time. Although with his current plan, including street and race cars, he seems to be taking about 12 steps at a time. :)

8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Yes I do remember that car. I was going to bring it up in my post. However I believe (and could be wrong) cost was a major factor in not pursuing it. When that car was built electric assist in cars was very expensive. Most manufacturers took a loss in production to get it to market. Ferrari installed it in the LaFerrari but definatly passed those costs into the buyer.

I would love to see this car prevail. It would be awsome for a north American bespoke car company to succeed. It will be a long and expensive road, but if anybody can pull it off it will be Jim.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Hi. It is a 430 Scuderia and had one time a 430GT2 engine.

10. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Any updates on the 004S or the Boot?

11. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  12. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
  13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Jo Sta7 and Ryan S. like this.
  14. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    looks great!

15. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    congrats to jim on the 10th place nurburgring 24 hour race finish, if luck was kinder the car could have podium'd!

9nb likes this.
  16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  17. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    How is production on the SCG 003 so far? Haven't heard/seen any new examples since the Top Gear review late last year. It's such a stunner, imo.

18. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    I believe they’re in the process of building the first couple production models of the 003S as I understand from their facebook page. I really hope they’re successful, as they’re pretty unique in what they offer and I love rooting for an underdog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G. Pepper and LamboLover like this.
  19. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    I think it was 9th place, set several fast laps during the race in 2nd place beforehand. They spent 16 minutes in the pits because of the crash, set fast lap afterwards and finished 13 minutes shy of 1st place. Very good chance of winning it outright had there been no crash.

The 004C will replace this car, and next year they will likely be back with multiple entries so a better chance of wining .

007 in development now for top class LeMans effort.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9nb likes this.
  20. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    love what he's doing, will probably buy a road car from him one day.

9nb likes this.
  21. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Jim was very vague on the production numbers 003s/sc/c when I asked.

I counted 5 in total.

LamboLover likes this.
  22. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    A latest video about Jim.