FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO HEINEKEN DO BRASIL 2018 INTERLAGOS GRAND PRIX: RACE-DAY ***SPOILERS*** | Page 11 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO HEINEKEN DO BRASIL 2018 INTERLAGOS GRAND PRIX: RACE-DAY ***SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Nov 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    What is actually allowed from pits to car? How did they do that if true (and not just another story told by Mercedes to make the battle sound closer than it is)?

2. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    With the push of children into F1, it isnt exactly shocking that the concept of forethought is entirely alien to him.

F2003-GA, furoni, DF1 and 4 others like this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Did you realise you summed it up there..... max pushing Ocon, pushing the children in f1? Hehe.

DF1 and Isobel like this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

LOL off all the people to leave Max speechless lol :)

Nortonious, daytona355 and Isobel like this.
  5. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    crinoid, stavura and Nortonious like this.
  6. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    I thought his pace seemed quite a bit off and there were some team radio indications of an issue (plus Arrivabene calling the pass).

It's a shame. Even with a full-up PU, not sure we could have seen Seb hold the inside line into turn one on those Softs, but would have certainly been a better race.

7. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Given Raikkonen was on the podium and not far back I don't think it would have been a stretch for Vettel to have won it. But, as has happened multiple times this year, Ferrari figured out a way to blow it. At least it was Max getting taken out for once instead of him ping ponging off everyone else and going on his merry way, just wish it had been a terminal failure. Maybe he'd have learned something as based on his reaction after the race he definitely didn't.

Nortonious and stavura like this.
  8. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    Psychological warfare from Hamilton, he is suggesting that Verstappen made a wrong decision and therefore has himself to blame, he tries to cast doubt in Verstappens mind. Remember, Verstappen is the only driver he really fears as he is fully aware that Max is a faster driver in a lesser car. If you can't win because you are a better driver, and lost the immense advantage of the superior car the Mercedes was the previous years, there is only one more trick to play: unsettle your opponents psychologically. Hamilton is fully aware his days are over when the Mercedes is no longer the best car in the field.

Just imagine what Hamilton would have said in case it was himself leading the race, had the same crash with backmarker Ocon and as a result had lost the race? He would be whining for weeks.

fil, stavura and daytona355 like this.
  9. DF1

More like a statment to the obvious for Max. Personally I think he felt bad that Max lost out. No one needed remind LH that Mercedes were slower given the tire issues. It was an obvious mistake to point out yet Max seemed confused. No conspiracy here. A mistake yielded a loss.

10. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Seb does'nt like Mercedes caps :D. The kid got his Mercedes cap back. All fun and games of course.

kes7u, crinoid, stavura and 3 others like this.
  11. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    LH playing mind games with Max? I don't think it will work with him!

SimCity3, daytona355 and fil like this.
  12. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Yes, I'm not sure LH is quite the clever mindgame mentalist. I think fresh in his mind was the late-race jousting he had with Max at COTA. LH backed off there because he had more to lose, Max didn't back off in Brazil and it cost him. Pointing this out to Max seems more a LH humblebrag and a gentle jab at Max as well.

I don't know if he felt bad for Max...maybe so now that the WDC and WCC were all wrapped up, but I know LH really wants every single win he can and set every record he can.

13. DF1

A win is a win and a polite professional reminder from a fellow driver is not a conspiracy. Max had no reply was the major result. He needs to think a touch more.

jcurry and william like this.
  14. Adrian Thompson

Adrian Thompson Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Beverly Hills, Mi
    Full Name:
    Adrian Thompson
    So Seb having sensor troubles is OK, but Lewis having an engine on the edge of blowing up is just BS excuses even though we saw a Renault powered RB pass him like he was in neutral? I get it that is a Ferrari site, but some people will go to great lengths to ignore reality.

Yes, Ocon was at fault for the incident on track. Not for passing, or trying to pass Max, but for screwing it up. He deserved and got a 10 second stop and go. The last penalty I recall that severe was when Ro Gro got a one race ban for his stupid turn one incident at Spa. I have no issue with his penalty. Having said that, he was entitled to pass Max, and I would say was obliged too. He was on fresh SS and was racing other people for position, even though they were on different strategies. Fresh SS's Vs MAx's worn softs, Ocon was bound to be faster. Max had no need other than immaturity and anger issues to even try and defend. They were at totally different points in the race strategy and not racing each other. Ocon needed to make hay while the sun was shining on his new tires. LCH, Kimi, the Honey Badger and even Seb would have just let Ocon go. People call Lewis and Merc lucky. I think they make their own luck as demonstrated in the cool down room. Max would do well to listen to the advice of only the third five time world champion.

Max has talent, no doubt. Absolute top line A++ talent in the LCH, MS, Prost, Clark, Fangio etc. league. I want to like him, I'm trying hard to like him, but he's making it very very hard to support him. He should be the talent that spends the next decade chasing down LCH and MS's achievement. But I fear he's going to throw away to many races with stupid **** like this. Right now, he has a huge step up on MS and Senna though. I believe his mistakes are just that mistakes. He plays hard, too hard at times, but I don't think he has these issues on purpose. Schumacher had Adelaide 94 (He will only ever be a six, not seven time champion to me for needing to cheat in the final race to win a championship in a known illegal car), Spain 97, Monaco Quali, etc.etc. He had too many deliberate cheats, dangerous moves and downright deliberate acts to ever be considered GOAT despite his massive skills on and off track. Senna likewise. Too dangerous a driver to ever be worthy of GOAT, despite possibly the best ever natural talent. Now, Schumacher was 22 before he made his F1 debut, Senna was 23 or 24. Max is still only 21 at the end of his fourth season. He should have had time to mature, but he's still way young. I know even if I had the skill and money, I was such an immature little prick 21 that I would never have been mature enough to drive. Maybe he'll grow out of this. I hope so, because he should be great, but if he carries on he'll be another 'wasted' talent with too many asterisks against his records.

Nortonious likes this.
  15. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I agree with that.

16. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Yes. Did someone suggest a "conspiracy?" It was good to see Verstappen unable to respond. LH spoke the truth and no one here knows if it was more than simple banter. It doesn't really matter, I'm far more interested in the next race and how Ferrari can garner 1-2, perhaps with Leclerc as 3 (why not dream big).

17. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually Dr. Marko from RB suggests that Ocon did it on purpose.

daytona355 and Nortonious like this.
  18. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And Toto Wolff suggested Ferrari did it in the past... so what. They are all the same...

19. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Well, Marko would say that, wouldn't he ?

20. Nortonious

Nortonious Formula 3

Sep 20, 2018
    TX
    Ah yes, I had forgotten that. I thought DF1 was suggesting a "mind-game" conspiracy with LH to Max (and no I don't know what that means...which is why it confused me).

Regardless, as much as I'm not a fan of LH, those words to Max were absolutely spot on. If Ocon raced Mac just a little harder just because of past history, or Merc vs RBR, or whatever...LHs words still 100% valid.

F2003-GA, ktu and william like this.
  21. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Hamilton just said the obvious. Psychological mind games is reading way, way too much into it.

22. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    #273 Sempre_gilles, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Perhaps you are right and I was reading too much into it. Hamilton saying the obvious is far more likely than an intellectual mind game from his side ;)

daytona355 likes this.
  23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I just realised ...Ocon thought he was passing Perez ,better take a colour vision test.Pink or silver.:D

Nortonious likes this.
  24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :p:D