Help needed | FerrariChat

Help needed

Discussion in '308/328' started by P4AntonLM, Nov 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P4AntonLM

P4AntonLM Karting

Dec 31, 2007
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Anton Schicho
    I am working on a 308 GTB (1977) Euro Dry sump car and would need urgently the window frame
    for the driver side door. Searching for it since last year all over Europe but luck is not with me, may some
    one in USA could make me happy?

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    You might want to check this thread below that appeared just yesterday about a large cache of old Ferrari parts recently discovered in New Zealand and throw in your request on the chance that someone with access to them could be on the lookout for the window frame you need. Good luck.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/what-fiat-parts-are-used-on-a-308.588241/

P4AntonLM likes this.
  3. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Those are Fiat parts not Ferrari parts

4. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, I should have been more clear- some are shared parts. I doubt there will be a window frame present. Sorry, Anton, for jumping the gun in the excitement.

5. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    I assume you tried
    Ferrparts
    Scud ramp
    Aw italian
    Rutland
    Etc etc.

Do you need the entire window frame or a short post?

Can yours be straightened or welded?

6. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Hello Anton,

Is it a vetro car? Ricambiamerica seems to have a frame for the later GTBs from QV till 328, which also superseded the GTB carb, 2Vi part. Don't know the differences between vetro and steel car window frame, but there are different part numbers. Maybe there are tiny design changes, which you don't even notice from outside.
    The part no. below is for 'sx' (left side).

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Best from Germany
    Martin

7. P4AntonLM

P4AntonLM Karting

Dec 31, 2007
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Anton Schicho
    Hi Schulz308,
    No one (of all) having a GTB Window frame available on stock right now.
    The entire frame on my car was damaged totally during a accident and is scrap.
    A new (or used part) is needed for the repair.
    Regards, Anton

8. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

9. P4AntonLM

P4AntonLM Karting

Dec 31, 2007
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Anton Schicho
    I did, "not available / no stock"

10. conan

conan Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2011
    An option is to make one, but it may require expensive tools. Sometimes some hints can be seen in the original parts, such as welds and bends. I think the Wheeler Dealers had an episode where they created a window frame. Cannot remember the vehicle unfortunately.

11. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    True. Top fabricators in the best restoration shops can make anything. At a price, of course!

12. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Light alloy extrusion moulding profiles. Difficult without the correct die, machinery and a foundry.

13. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    What about that guy that posted a few months ago that had four or five Ferrari 308 in very poor condition and miscellaneous parts for sale in Canada? Believe he was liquidating of friends estate? And it was all in a big warehouse.

14. Hinecker

Hinecker Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2011
    Morning Anton,
    Have you tried Eurospares? You might not find it on their catalog, but you can shoot them an email with your request.

Best from Spain,
    John.

15. Hinecker

Hinecker Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2011
    Anton,
    In Eurospares U.K. they have a right door window frame on stock PN 60015203. Price is 825 Pounds.
    Don't know if this fits your car, you can always check.

Good luck!
    Best from Spain.
    John.

16. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    But probably only because of the usual poor database maintenance ;-)
    BTW; Anton needs the left side.

Best from Germany
    Martin

vaccarella likes this.
  17. Hinecker

Hinecker Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2011
    Hello Martin,
    They don't have the left one on stock according to the catalog. I have never seen the frame, but it seems rather simple by the drawings and really expensive for what it is. Maranello UK has the right side, haven't checked the left.
    It's probably an aftermarket brand anyway, oh well, it's his choice.

Best from Spain,
    John.

18. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    What applies in general to all body parts. Don't want to hijack this thread, but € 3.300.- for a GTB/GTS front fender -probably repros- at Superformance or € 9.000.- for a complete front at FUK. Oh well....
    Luckily I have a sheet metal artist, just in case something goes wrong. Only problem, he's quite old ;-)

Best from Germany
    Martin

19. Hinecker

Hinecker Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2011
    Yah! That comes in handy, many body shops don't do a good job, at least not here. You have to be breathing down their neck and still takes forever, most of the times end result is not as expected.
    Good thing about these cars is that all the body is steel(hood is aluminum), and quite thick, so repairs are possible. Another goodie is that other parts are fiberglass, which is reparable too.

Best from Spain.
    John

20. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    At that price, these are probably repros, yes, Martin...Eddie Walsh at www.ferrarispares.co.uk (see link above) has:
    - a complete, original factory, 328 front clip at GBP.....24.750, about 27.000 euros.
    - front fender at GBP 9.250, about 10.200 euros...each.
    Better not bend sheet metal...

Rgds

21. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    #21 Martin308GTB, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    John, Bruno,

I have comprehensive coverage with a deductible/excess of € 2.500.-- for damage I cause myself.

For the rest I trust my sheetmetal man. I was highly impressed, when a customer brought him a De Tomaso Mangusta, purchased in the U.S. with poorly repaired accident damage.
    The frame had a similar shape like a banana and a lot of Bondo on one side. He simply took the good side and mirrored it. Made all needed sheetmetal from scratch out of a few sheetmetal panels. Frame and body came out better than new.

Is for you the term 'purchasing at the pharmacy' also a common term in your countries? :) Or which words do you use for a shop with crazy prizes?

Best from Germany
    Martin

22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well, not that I am aware of Martin.

It's funny because in that matter, the very old expression "se faire plumer" (getting your feathers plucked) is still valid, and used today:
    "après tout, si tu aimes te faire plumer, c'est ton affaire": well, if you like to get plucked, have it your way.
    An old french tax administration saying is that: "tax is an art, you have to shave people, not pluck them; once plucked, the feathers do not grow again"
    A man that is gullible and ready to spend too much money for something is still "un pigeon" (a pidgeon) in the sense that pigeons are made to be plucked.

About the seller: we use the expression "loading the boat" ("charger la barque"): "this guy usually load the boat rather too much"

Rgds

23. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    Why not asking those prizes?
    One term I learned here is 'A sucker is born every minute' :) This is, what the anglo-saxon folks say. In my country they are not so much. We say "each morning a dumbass gets up. You'll just have to find him." :)

Best Regards
    Martin

24. conan

conan Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2011
    Funny expressions. We used to say it "costs ones shirt" or "get your skin ripped off".

25. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    We have those sayings too. Except we talk about the 'very last shirt' :)

Best from Germany
    Martin