Pista is the fastest car in Autocar's supertest! | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Pista is the fastest car in Autocar's supertest!

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dilusha, Nov 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

I’ve found GH posts to be measured and rational. Same with exotic car dreamer.

2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think this is all fun banter anyway.

IMSA drivers are who I listen to most when it comes to real performance 'cred' for street machines. Certainly not the likes of me!

Back to the cars:

The latest 5-year plan calls for a 2-tiered approach to their mainstay mid-engine cars. One that is more approachable, and one that is uncompromising extreme sports.

When I read this, I had two things in mind. One, this is a direct response to faster offerings from McLaren and Lambo, a way to reclaim the high ground. Second, that the 'up-tier' uncompromising model is just the same-old-same-old, and the more approachable lower model is just a broadening (read softening) of the brand even further (ala Portofino)

Or I'm completely off base?

Shadowfax likes this.
  3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #178 Shadowfax, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    I'm not loyal to one brand at all, but that is the way the sentinels will have me profiled being their seemingly best and only form of defense against the truth.

I own other brands other than just Ferrari. Actually the 488 is the first Ferrari I bought, and I bought it with the full knowledge that it hasn't been known to be the most reliable brand. To begin with I was kinda reluctant to buy it knowing the kind of driving I do - and not wanting to be left stranded at one point. Hell even if I went through with the 600 purchase , or bought the 720 limited edition (which they suggested me as a fallback) I'd be saying the exact same thing about the reliability issue....even as an owner! Hell I experienced it first hand (with 2 out of the 3 late model new cars i was handed the keys to) and, have had much the same reported from actual owners who I personally know who don't mind calling a spade a spade....and yes again I'm talking late models. So, if/when I buy a Mac (which is on the cards at one point - anything is possible) I will be buying it under the same understanding i.e don't be surprised or hurt if it craps itself because that's what they are renown to do. Even exotocar dreamer asked me for specific info and I obliged him only to be later labeled a one trick pony. So he too is a sore toe. Look one thing is crystal clear to me for the couple years I've been on fchat is that a Mac owner on forums is a very sensitive soul - infinitely more so than any other brand owner I have ever come across. Now If only they could contain their anguish in the same delightful manner those who you meet face to face can. Wishful thinking eh?

Lukeylikey, Ash Patel and paulchua like this.
  4. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Some here have postulated that the base vehicle may be a single turbo six and the up-tier the twin turbo eight with hybrid electric. Not sure the answer is widely known at this time. I see it as one will be super expensive and the other ridiculously expensive for a mid-level offering.

Caeruleus11 and paulchua like this.
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    With all due respect good luck with that. GH 12345 is a known major snapperoonie. Others have also made comment on that. The guy mainly surfaces as a mac sentinel to attack others. He needs to lighten big time or get himself some meds to detune his anger.
    Exoticar is certainly not in Gh's league from what ive seen thankfully - but he has demonstrated to be a sore toe where his wifes 570 mac is concerned. No denying that fact.

6. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    My friend, take a deep breath and just go out and enjoy a ride in your car and grab a beer or something. You are getting too wound up for no reason. As I stated, I’ve read their posts and find them to be passionate but proportionate and appropriate. It’s all good friendly banter. Atleast it should be.

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    The tirades are amusing and continually reinforce what everyone already knows. Serious issues here, we all wish you well.

8. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Hahaha,

It would be neat to see Ferrari to offer a streetable 'track rat' model - and no not the Pista or Speciale. I mean an honest to goodness stripper - no ac, no passenger seat, string for door openers, etc. A model purely for those that seek speed uber alles.

theplanner likes this.
  9. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA

At first, I felt that people just love to pick on noone1. But seeing this post of his, I think I know why. These posts belong more to a lambo forum. Why did you feel like you need to prove yourself by the cars you owned? That does not define anything. Anyone could still be a big asswipe or nicest guy with whatever cars he owns.

10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Closest we've seen or will see is the CS and perhaps the Scud. Understandably each new iteration has more and more features and weight - it is the same for BMW, Porsche, Mac, etc.

paulchua likes this.
  11. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Actually 600 LT really got my interests, but the sound of turbo and the product cycle of Mclaren really bothers me. .

Shadowfax and theplanner like this.
  12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    No worries friend. You are blessed to have the 488! Enjoy the glorious machine that it is! I've found the comments that come up only matter in you frequent and participate in competitive events, even then - when I go on the track, my opponent is the last version of me that got the best time. People that do these events really do care, and I can understand why. I do enjoy IMSA. I find learning what models are handicapped the most educational insights.

Racing in the real world (outside extremely rare contexts) makes a ********* out of both participants, so in terms of a real world if I ever saw a 720 'spank' a '488' on the street - they are both selfish a-holes with no regards to people around them, so moot to me on the street.

Shadowfax likes this.
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I can’t comment on the 600 but the turbo feel was something I hated in the 650s. It doesn’t exist in the 720 and I hear 600lt is even more raw. Test drive one.

14. theplanner

theplanner Karting

Jul 3, 2018
    Same, I still have an allocation for one, if no options are ticked it is good value but tick a few options and I start to question myself. No doubt it’s a great car, more raw etc, but if for the same money I can get a 720 the 600LT starts to not make any sense imho. Somehow I can’t help feeling Mcl has not managed to differentiate their product line up enough in this case.
    Also, if for similar or less $$ my 488 with cup2 can outrun the 600LT on a lap at Angelsey then what is seriously the pt of the 600lt for an existing 488 owner. I wanted the 600 to be my first Mcl, as I have been eagerly anticipating it, but I’m simply not convinced at this stage...

Shadowfax, iloveferrari and IPO1 like this.
  15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #190 Shadowfax, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/mclaren-720s-or-488.553800/page-83

Post #2052 read back from his banning and you can see the number of members he attacked. Yes sir, ole pal Gh12345 was banging away for countless pages leading up to his ban at anyone brave enough to challenge his opinion. Most certainly not someone who is measured and rational!

As I said earlier - Gh1234 IS renown to snap and lash out with insults toward anyone who challenges his beloved 720. He is like head Sentinel of Woking. If you read further on he begun feverishly lashing me with a raft of personal insults. I could have easily notified the mods of his repeated personal attacks and he would have been banned for sure. In hindsight maybe I should have but as he is a repeat offender I thought id leave him to his own devices. Nowadays he skirts around the fringes as the Sentinel of Woking trying to play the innocent fairy which he seems to be quite good at doing - but don't be fooled, it's only a matter of time before he pops a fuse. Sad but true.

Ash Patel likes this.
  16. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    A single turbo six doesn’t sound right. If one of them is not hybrid surely that would need two turbos to get anywhere near Ferrari’s idea of making a turbo feel more naturally aspirated?

I also don’t think the V6 488 will be softened. I think it will be exactly the same brief as the current car. The new V8 with hybrid is likely to raise the power and performance game for Ferrari quite significantly. LaFerrari pace at half the cost but in a simpler body seems about right.

17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    GH has been relatively tame, respectful and informative in the recent past. He has been prone to emotionality and can be a tad heated at times, if his buttons are pushed. After an outburst, he does become much more tempered and accomodating of divergent views. Personally, when he is excessively PC and diplomatic, he is less compelling to read. I like the fire and brimstone occasionally. Demonstrates his passion.

18. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Anyone know why Shadowfax is still posting on here? I thought he said he was too busy. Dude is on here every hour, responding. Even updated his avatar LOL

19. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    There is a truism- When you want someything done, go to the busy person.

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

Who was the band back in the 80’s that sang the song- “too much time on my hands”?

Gh21631 likes this.
  21. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Just relaying what others have posted. I don't like the idea of a six cylinder nor turbos. I'd put a version of the F140C in there but that's never going to happen :)

22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Looks like I was banned for a few days? Due to fires I was out of pocket keeping family safe.

Sometimes you gotta remind people they are D Bags.

23. Nelsonc275

Nelsonc275 Formula 3

Sep 27, 2013
    Hopefully you were able to to keep your family and home safe!

24. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    I would assume so if he is back on the forum. Why were you banned?

25. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Yes, thank you.