Monza SP1 & SP2 | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Monza SP1 & SP2

Discussion in 'Icona Series (SP1, SP2, & SP3)' started by ajr550, Sep 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    jump to 19.55 or you can enjoy the whole clip

2. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    My goodness! Do you happen to have a link to high res of these pics?

of2worlds likes this.
  4. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    unfortunately no high-res photos
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    https://www.driveexperience.it/esclusiva-la-nuova-ferrari-monza-sp2-su-strada/
    EXCLUSIVE: The new Ferrari Monza SP1 and SP2 on the road for the first time
    Our beautiful mountain offers one of the most beautiful views of the country, you will probably have noticed by our work. For an online magazine like Drive Experience.it it's a nice plus march at the foot of the Gran Sasso d'Italia. We leave the editorial office, we have ten minutes to reach absolutely spectacular places where to drive for pleasure or for work.
    Lately this place is increasingly hosting large houses that come to shoot commercials of impact, taking advantage of the similarities with our lands and those of distant countries, much more famous, from which the nickname of "small Tibet". An area that for decades has also been exploited by the German sports house par excellence, which every year sends dozens of new models to test here, but which has also been exploited by the cinema, starting with Sergio Leone's Westerns, passing through the unforgettable "So is the life" of Aldo, Giovanni and Giacomo who chose to represent paradise, after having bucked all the time on their 75, up to some TV episodes of various Top Gear over the years.
    In addition to being very proud and lucky of this extra gear, in addition to shooting at the sight of Motor1's friends when they come to invade our territory, we also have the opportunity to spot cars impossible to find in real life, like the new Ferrari Monza SP2 that today we saw ourselves running alongside during one of our pleasure outings.
    What car is it? The umpteenth piece in the visionary course of that rare designer who responds to the name of Flavio Manzoni . At the head of the Ferrari design, Manzoni is bringing back to Maranello a clean line and an elegance that was fading in a period not far away. The latest Ferrari are frightfully Ferrari , and this is a great compliment that I have already done to the gentleman in question personally.
    He had already told us about another amazing creation, the FXX-K EVO (you can find the article by clicking here ), but later I took the opportunity to have a nice chat about the Monza , which I find really wonderful. About a month ago he told me: "For me and my team this project is a dream come true , the idea made us crazy. Being able to return to the total symbiosis of man, machine and nature, on a single-seater car, so out of the box that it will not even be approved for the American circulation, on which you can also choose not to use the helmet up to a certain speed as the deflector in front of the driver acts as an invisible barrier ( virtual windshieldwe called it) both for wind and small pebbles, it makes us enthusiastic. Such aerodynamic innovation , as often happens, takes its foundations in projects far removed from the modern era, in this case we were inspired by the concept of a "thick wing" boat, which in turn was inspired by the aeronautics of time ".
    I particularly like to watch the Monza SP1 on the passenger side, from there you can perfectly see the concept of asymmetry that we are not very used to today. Something extremely pure, as only a long time ago it could be done. Doing it today is a great satisfaction for me, in a frenetic world that pushes us to chase the most extreme performances, it's nice to recover this purity ".
    And then, when it was already night, the Monza SP1 comes out , even more absurd and incredible to see on the road, on my way. Here the picture speaks for itself, I add only that under the hood there is a V12 of 810 hp .

by Davide Cironi

Photo by Francesco Cironi

elmadi, stavura, Bundy and 6 others like this.
  5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  6. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Thank you for these and the article and the English translation. These photos are beautiful just as they are. I'm sure we will get more in time

elmadi and of2worlds like this.
  7. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
  8. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  9. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Can you imagine seeing one of these in front of you in rush hour traffic?! Thats really crazy!

elmadi, bwshihtzu, Griffon83 and 3 others like this.
  10. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    Ak3, JagShergill, Lukeylikey and 7 others like this.
  11. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    You're killing us! NO more NO MORE :D... just kidding.
    Thank you for these amazing 812 MONZA 'finds' you share here.

elmadi, JagShergill, stavura and 2 others like this.
  12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Italia... we love you.

I find the helmet not vintage enough.

I June 2002, we had just left the french riviera with a friend and on the highway we saw an elderly couple in a black BMW Z8 , with the real WWI Aviator gear on the head, I found it awesome

[​IMG]
    Marchettino

13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I wouldn 't want to be wearing a vintage helmet when I hit a stone, or worse...

14. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The Z8 was a real beauty. But this is another level.

furmano, bwshihtzu and of2worlds like this.
  15. Griffon83

Griffon83 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2016
    Greece
    Full Name:
    Nassos
    So, technically SP1 is a 1+1 seater, right?

jamesdouglas1436 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  16. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    looks so good on the road - such a shame it's not road legal in america!

17. Caeruleus11

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I am wondering the same thing.

18. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    Yes, much like the original 750 Monza. But without a roll over hoop, the 1+1 can very quickly become a 1-1 for the passenger.

19. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    After studying these Monza pics and seeing one up close at TM, I think this is the most beautiful Ferrari I have ever seen launched. It is really rather wonderful.

elmadi, joeyof355, of2worlds and 8 others like this.
  20. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    +1.....
    such clean lines, uncluttered body panels and barchetta style make this complex car look elegantly simple , stunningly proportioned and very impractical ... imho the perfect start of an Icona series !!

elmadi, stavura, Lukeylikey and 5 others like this.
  21. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    ah yes, I remember her well - and often

Crowndog likes this.
  22. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I know 5 or so are coming to our dealership (thats what I heard) ... I presume they will sit as collector items and I am sure someone will take it for a drive (illegally) or on a track.

of2worlds likes this.
  23. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    5 in 1 dealership seems a lot ..... is it a particularly large dealership ?

24. roma1280

roma1280 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2010
    Palm Beach, Roma
    I just asked my daughter if she would drive to the supermarket with me in the SP2 wearing matching helmets. She just answered “sure, if you pay me”.

furmano, Tenney, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  25. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Smart kid!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dolceexte and roma1280 like this.