for my CS: alcantara 9052 seems to be best matched to OEM | FerrariChat

for my CS: alcantara 9052 seems to be best matched to OEM

Discussion in '360/430' started by 24000rpm, Nov 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

here's what I did (commissioned, of course).
    I only did this panel at the rear of the seats. All other interior panels are untouched surrounding this panel.
    I can't really tell if the color is different than OEM if i don't look closely with direct sunlight torching into the car.

a few months ago , i re-did my other 360's dash using alcantara 9002. that's a terrible color in my opinion. way different than OEM. i don't have a picture to show it but it looks very aftermarket and cheap, to me.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. FORZA 62

FORZA 62 Karting

Aug 22, 2007
    north east
    Full Name:
    Frank S
  3. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    Looks like they're doing a god job.

what happened to the original to begin with?

4. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

original one is just old, and discolored with foams underneath disintegrated.

5. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Interesting that the upholsterer has chosen to join multiple pieces of fabric, and then add the decorative red stitch either side.

Isn't the OEM part a single piece of foam backed Alcantara with the coloured stitching being purely decorative? It is in the F430. There is no reason to join multiple pieces on a flat sheet.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    This is exactly the way mine was done. I don't think the factory is a faked single piece (admittedly never looked that deeply). Are you sure ?

I'd suggest you tend to get a better quality result than faking it because where the material joins up it folds over and you won't get that edge in the middle between the 2 red stitched decorative lines which would just look weird. Also I'd think the factory would want to optimize the use of the 30 Meter rolls used and doing cuts like this should allow them to maximize the amount of material thrown away...

PS. The foam backing may be a single piece but surely not the Alcantara?

Bas likes this.
  7. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yes, all one piece. If it wasn't it's just needless weight because there's no need for a join on a flat panel - only on compound curve areas where the material won't stretch in multiple planes. It looks better without the joins because the material lays flat on the backing material.

That is for the F430 - I know because I had my rear panel trimmed in Alcantara.

It may have been different on the 360.

8. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

Modena and CS have different rear panel trims. the modena is a one piece.

mwstewart likes this.
  9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I'm talking about the dividing line between material pieces...

If you just sew 2 red lines and have no divider it would look odd!

See pic attached. In terms of weight it cannot be more than a few grams if excess material is correctly trimmed from behind each adjoining piece. See my picture.. just ran into garage and took a picture of mine... Anyone care to share a close up of the join on their car .. as for being flat mine is as flat as you can get at the joining surfaces because the backing foam takes up that extra (very fin) edge of material.

curious now!!! Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

what color code is your alcantara?

11. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Sorry I don't know, I've got at least another 30M roll left in storage at my place in Italy including the red accents cottons etc to do it all again in the future if need be. Next time I am there I will try to take a look.

12. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I completely understand. You guys are correct: it is a 360CS thing. In quality terms it is better, but in lightweight terms: not so much.

One of those things :)

13. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

e-brake boot, new and old

question on this: can CS owner confirm that this boot is glued on the back of the carbon without any metal clip ( Modena has metal clips at the back)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

remfrs and mwstewart like this.
  14. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

I don't plan to re-wrap the seats and the lower dashboard, because they are in good condition.

So, side note, to shorten the down time, I've made some strategy on which panel to re-wrap first and which last.

You can't drive the car without the upper dashboard, because the instrument panel is secured to it. so that is the bottle neck #1.
    you can't drive the car without the carbon central tunnel , because the start button is on it, so that is another bottle neck, #2.
    That's why you see I re-wrap these 2 first.

All other panels can be absent and you can drive the car without them.
    But, the thing is, you cannot just install the B-pillar panel(the one that houses the 3-point seat belt) first and then install any panel in front of this panel. They were designed to be removed from the rear-most panel of the car all the way to the front, including the upper dash. In other words, if you want to remove the upper dash, the first thing you need to remove, is the B pillar panel, then roof side panel, then A pillar panel, then upper dash. They were inter-covered each other.

So, next thing is the panel that runs across the dome light, doing that now.
    next is A pillar panels,
    next is roof side panels,
    next is horizontal cross panel at rear of the roof
    next is B pillar panels (that houses the seatbelt)
    last is the panel inside of the quarter glasses and the panel above the bulkhead

same logic applies to Modena interior.

mwstewart likes this.
  15. veilstylez

veilstylez Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Nice work..who did the work?

16. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

a local shop in China.

all interior panels , excluding seats, excluding lower dash, excluding door panels (no alcantara on door panel) US $1500 labor. I provided the material to them.

17. Horsin'around

Horsin'around Karting

Jun 14, 2017
  18. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Thanks Horsin'Around seats looked brand new just all the trim panels and upper and lower dash.
    D&L Auto Interiors Jacksonville FL. 904-744-3311 name Dave.

19. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Great job - great car

20. veilstylez

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    wow great price!

21. veilstylez

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2005
    SoCal
    Randy, I just got mine done actually, was going to send everything to Dave because his work looks awesome but he didn't seem like he had the time. So I found someone local that actually did an AMAZING job. His moto was no wrinkles and straight stitching so I went for it.
    I got the same color code 9052.

Modded CS style upper dash with squared bottom edges. Custom modded lower dash. all 24 interior panels all like CS including sun visors.
    I haven't unwrap them yet until the install. This is going on my gated 360 cs conversion but not like Randy or Trev(they to crazy for me)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 3019708 Image Unavailable, Please Login

clean512, duck.co.za and RANDY6005 like this.