19 Year Old YT'ber Gets First US Pista... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

19 Year Old YT'ber Gets First US Pista...

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SLDriver, Nov 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Due to your local dealer allocation?

2. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    More like dealer manipulation - I've owned a new Stradale and Speciale in the past but some how Not qualified anymore

3. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Did you tell them you wanted a Pista?

4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    YES YES YES

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Innovativethinker

Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    I’d like to see what they pay for car insurance

iloveferrari and F2003-GA like this.
  6. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I believe I detect a bit of sarcasm here. Or maybe they are "renting" it to maintain their poser image. :D.

7. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    It really is sad but social media has taken over the pathetic society we live in. That's all these car companies care about. I tried to get a Ford GT because I own nothing but Ford except for my 458 but they could careless because I have zero social media accounts and don't buy things to show off on the internet. Start a YouTube channel of you playing Roblox and I'm sure Ferrari will skip you right to the front of the line for their next hyper car :confused:

anunakki likes this.
  8. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Trouble is, that demographic won't be able to purchase a Ferrari for about 20-30 years. Ferrari is already able to sell everything they produce and now is a bit early to be filling the pipeline to capture millennials.

To these guys, the Pista is merely a prop like the other vehicles placed in their make-believe videos. If you click on the some of the links in the Wiki reference in Post #8, you will see that these kids are the 21st century equivalent of The Three Stooges involved in unbelievable story lines. For example, one of their other videos is about Scary Monster stealing their other red Ferrari from their garage. People are making far too much of this about possible ownership. This is similar to a thread about 2-3 months ago in Silver about a kid in L.A. who drove rented Ferraris to impress his peers.

9. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Very true and very sad

10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think everyone is getting bent out of shape for no reason. Its a couple of kids who hit it rich and bought a Ferrari. At their age, I just had a Ferrari poster on my wall. They have one in their garage. If I had the money, I would have bought one and acted like an idiot also showing off to all my friends. These guys are showing off using the media that is available to them. Good for them.

Boomhauer, Adamas, veilstylez and 6 others like this.
  11. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    As someone that has met and been on drives with those SoCal young car you tubers, it’s ALL family money and fake/heavily exaggerated stories. Meet them off camera and discuss actual financial/business topics and it’ll quickly reveal how little the depth of the knowledge is. Enough for a YouTube motivational video, but not for real execution.

With that said, many of them are self aware of that, and the person you meet off camera is totally different (and in my experience, much better) than the on camera persona. Can be very jarring.

YouTube encourages a fake lifestyle image because that’s what the mindless audience wants to see. I don’t blame them. They wouldn’t make stupid videos if no one wanted to watch them.

pshep138 and anunakki like this.
  12. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    Camel didn't seem to think that with Joe Camel. Look at the amount of views these kids have with their videos that have with their first 488 and now the Pista. Every single one of us in this thread could drive around the whole country in a parade for a year and we wouldn't give the exposure these kids are giving Ferrari. It cost Ferrari nothing but a few pissed off customers who wanted the car more. Why does it seem like thread after thread in this forum someone is constantly reminding Ops that Ferrari is a public traded company for profit? If you think Ferrari gives a rat's ass then shame on you...

tekaefixe, Adamas and SoCal to az like this.
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Oh well that's run in! Full RPMs fresh out of the box. Wonder how long it will take before it winds up at the panel beaters or breakers yard? Not long I suspect.

bwshihtzu likes this.
  14. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    It was tracked by the factory a lot harder before they got it.

15. Innovativethinker

Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Thanks for that insight

bwshihtzu likes this.
  16. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona

They are actors. Thats what actors do. Live a fake lifestyle.

I think people are upset that 19 year olds are making millions and buying Pistas when they cant do it themselves. Dont hate the players. They are just taking advantage of their dumb luck and newfound success.

Adamas, anunakki and Chadly like this.
  17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    So they got given a used track hack? Looks new....at the moment.
    Funny that they got one though, even though it won't be long before it gets written off or impounded. Shouldn't be driving like that on suburban streets...

18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Because they have 12 million followers.

Why do you think Shmee got a Ford GT for never owning a Ford while loyal Ford owners were turned down?

davidoloan, Adamas, pshep138 and 4 others like this.
  19. 430 Scooter

430 Scooter Karting

Jan 17, 2016
    Celebrity looks quite a bit different in 2018 than it did in 1988. Don't hate.

SoCal to az and 09Scuderia like this.
  20. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Makes total sense, we do live in a Kardashian world and have a reality star who became President.

tekaefixe and ZF123 like this.
  21. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Well, I am sorry for you. That doesn't make sense. It could be that there were higher level status buyers ahead of you. Could be they didn't have the allocation.
    If you can muster it, have a sit down with the GM and co-create a 3-5 year plan. Ask him what your priority status is and how you can elevate it. I know that many on here find that idea revolting, but I don't.
    Many have posted about how to better your position with Ferrari on this site. Lots of great info...

F2003-GA likes this.
  22. arkone

arkone Karting

Nov 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Mo
    I want to preface this by saying, I think channels like this are cancer and a complete waste of time but I'm not their target demographic.

But a lot of you on here are completely sleeping on the fact that YouTube is big money. If you play the game just like Ferrari's game, YouTube can be a cash cow. I know of a 20-year-old that makes a 8-10 minute video each day and takes about 4-5 hours. Generates approx. 2.5-3M views over the next 90 days. That is $10,000 in revenue (some videos get demonetized, others are given lower-paying ads, but on average) and his costs are negligible. And yes, before you ask his 1099 shows almost $2.5M for 2017. 2018 will be close to $4M.

davidoloan and SoCal to az like this.
  23. jferazzi

jferazzi Karting

Sep 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So many questions...not the least of which is what’s the deal with the pet goat???

tekaefixe, KBR54 and aaronrgonz like this.
  24. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    The same goes with many Ferrari events I've been to. They like to pretend it's their hard earned money and how great they made it, yet have zero acumen beyond the surface.

25. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Rich people have all sorts of confusing habits.

ChipG likes this.