ANYBODY HAVE A CLEVER FIX FOR THIS? | FerrariChat

ANYBODY HAVE A CLEVER FIX FOR THIS?

Discussion in '360/430' started by KC360 FL, Nov 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Wondering if anyone has discovered a decent way to effect a repair for this. The floor mat on the driver's side keeps pulling up the plastic "pin" out of the carpet. Seems that it simply screws down into the cars carpet and nothing really holds it in place. Getting in and out of the car pulls it out of the carpet rather easily.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    try a flat piece of plastic under the rug with a hole a little smaller then the pin..maybe it wont pull out

3. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I used some glue for the same issue. The pin has stayed in

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    I safety wired the mats to the seat rails so they don't slide forward and bunch up under my throttle/brake pedals (happened on my Mondial years ago). Pins are now "cosmetic".

5. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Might be able to get some large Velcro strips to add more friction between btm of Matt and carpet.

I was able to re tq the plastic screws.

6. JoeTSI

JoeTSI Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 16, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Full Name:
    Joe K.
    Gorilla glue and reinsert. Mine stayed for almost a year until I sold it.

7. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    all good ideas, thanks folks.;)

8. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.

9. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    brookliner7 likes this.
  10. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Those look pretty good Dan! I tussle with my mat a lot too and it does bother me. It will climb a bit up the dead pedal and bothers me so I reach down and tug it back a bit. I feel like there is a more elegant solution out there that involves the seat rail but haven't checked into it. I am sure I could engineer something out of Aluminum or Brass that would look nice.

whatheheck likes this.
  11. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    I was going to design something new / better too that will be better than OE but don't have time.....

Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    One other thing that helped my creeping floor mat- My orig Matt was worn and floppy... so I bought a cheap set from fleabay in black, They are stiff material, and do not creep. Then I preserve my stock Matt’s.

whatheheck likes this.
  13. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I am running those leather floormats in diamond stitch that are awesome but I added my own brass grommets to them to utilize the stock placement of the index points. Seems like a couple of ways to get there from here. I could see a thin strap of aluminum or brass or even Ti that has a nice decorative or understated locating pin or small knob to attach. Hmmm I will have to think about this a little and get some pics to ponder it some more. Not sure if embellishment is needed or just simple functionality!

whatheheck likes this.
  14. Cyt

Cyt F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2014
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Cyt- Chin
    I used a paper clip
    Twist it around the plastic to create a ‘tread’ like formation and screw back in.
    Worked.

15. Sled Driver

Sled Driver Formula Junior

May 13, 2010
    Stokesdale, NC
    Full Name:
    Emery
    I took the lid off a plastic "Tupperware" container.

Cut a couple 2-3" dia circles & drilled a small pilot hole in the center.

Pulled up the main carpet & screwed the post through the carpet into the plastic circle pilot holes.

It tightened down snug & the large plastic circle dissipated the load over a larger area

ShadowLAP, shifter and brookliner7 like this.
  16. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    yup. Kind of my thoughts too. I will have to pull up the carpet tho-- not a quick fix so I'll put it on my weekend list. ;)

17. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    MacGyver! If you aren't familiar it was a TV show in the mid 1980s where a man called MacGyver would escape from criminals in ingenious ways.For example he was in the forest and was cornered on a cliff. MacGyver somehow built a hang glider with leaves,branches and probably a paper clip and glided off to the chagrin of the bad guys. :)

18. Cyt

Cyt F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2014
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Cyt- Chin
    Unfortunately I do know the show.. reflection on how old I’m... ha

19. tifosi101

tifosi101 Karting

Jun 12, 2013
    France
    Same problem on my 360, I have successfully fixed the plastic "pin" in the hole of the floor by using strong black mastic glue Sikaflex.

ShadowLAP likes this.
  20. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Bubble gum, a shoelace, and a pile of lint... it just might work!

Loved that show.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

21. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    I like the under washer type solutions above. It's a mechanical solution and is reversible. You need to get access below the carpet to do it however. Glue is fater but may be a problem with it sticking to other things. I have cheap Pep Boys rubber mats over top of my stock mats. I even trimmed them and spliced them to fit the rear engine foot well triangle shape. Work great but I would love a set of prancing horse mats. The spikes on the rubber mats stick fine for the most part. most of the creep is side to side from placing my foot as I get in and out.

22. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    What I did was use Elmer's glue that I squirted into the hole in the carpet that the pin screwed into. I then screwed the pin into the hole and placed a weight on the pin. The glue won't stick to the plastic and the glue cleans up with water. In effect, the glue caused the carpet surrounding the pin to act as a nut.

This fix has been working quite well for a number of years.

23. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    This isnt an exact solution, but an alternative option :p

From day 1 , i took the original car mats, and kept them in storage for when/if i decide to sell the car. Use aftermarket nomad 3M ones, which u can fully customise to your liking. They come with deep spikes on the underside and the mats themselves are effectively heavier than the original mats (which if u ask me, are not very practical for everyday usage, as that material traps dirt easily). The weight of the aftermarket mat and rubber spikes will effectively prevent the mats from shifting too much. This way you wont have to worry about the pin at all :)

Truth be told, alot of the interior of almost any exotic car, hardly makes sense and is rarely ideally practical. The thrills and frills are impractical :p

24. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My set from Nick Forza Ferrari is high quality, looks amazing, and doesn’t move. They are heavy, fit perfect - using the geometry to prevent movement, and have small spikes on the bottom.

I removed my carpet pins and saving them with the OEM mats.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat