Pre-cat issue in Georgia? (yes I did a search first) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Pre-cat issue in Georgia? (yes I did a search first)

Discussion in '360/430' started by tomconte, Oct 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
    I'm just going to go back to stock. If it doesn't work, then F of A service will take care of it .

Anybody want a used set of fabspeed headers? Let me know.

Tom

2. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    Which monitor is not ready? Is it the catalyst,o2,evap? You could very well be looking in the wrong direction. I have had the evap hold out before. Most sates will allow one not ready as long as there is no engine light and it's not the catalyst. I put aftermarket headers on and after a couple of hundred miles (monitors satisfied) I got a cell for the cats. I used the big daddy's and did a reset. At least fifty miles since and no cell with all monitors satisfied. May be worth a shot.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    How much are you asking? I have a 99 without precuts so it shouldn’t matter for my car....plus I don’t have emissions testing up here in the boonies.... interested.

4. canopy

canopy Rookie

Mar 11, 2013
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I feel your pain OP. I live in CA and a recent change in laws has cars needing ALL monitors to be passed for smog check now.
    I am a mechanic (not F car) and have diagnosed a fair share of vehicles that wont pass a specific monitor. I have seen O2 monitors that wont pass because O2 sensor is old/lazy and beeds replacing, catalyst monitors that wont pass due to catalytic converter being old but still not setting a code, etc.
    I begin my dream search for a 360 soon and read to avoid 99's for possible monitor set problems. Now will need to be aware of this.

5. LittleTino

LittleTino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 14, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I'll confirm what cpep said. I passed my emissions in DeKalb even though one of my readiness monitors did not pass. I had reset the battery when I first got it and failed the emissions because of it. Did the drive routine to get all my monitors to pass but one was still too stubborn. Tested the emissions again after researching that one is allowed, and passed. Get a cheap OBD reader for $20-$40 and to see how many are failing.

You still may be able to pass emissions

6. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Tom did you ever get this sorted out? Did you speak to Ron?

7. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    What readiness monitor did you guys pass with on? I have an 02 sensor not ready and haven’t tried testing it quite yet, but was giving it some thought

8. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    I think it depends on the state but catalyst is usually a no go. If it's just one o2 with no pending code your state might be good with that.

9. tomconte

tomconte Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 15, 2010
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Conte
    I decided to go back to stock headers. My take-off used fabspeeds are for sale. $1650 obo.

10. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Update: you may remember that about 6 months ago Ron at Sports Car Service put Fabspeed headers and cats on my 360. I never had a CEL, well today I took the car in for emissions and it passed with flying colors. So to sum up, my Fabspeed headers gave no CEL and passed emissions here in GA no problem.

hessank and G. Pepper like this.
  11. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    my precats are removed, used o2 extenders and passed in calif no issues.

12. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Don't confuse the person looking at the system and not understanding for a smog legal installation. And, there is no guarantee that it will pass next time. The inspector may well spot the extenders and you will fail.