Let's see your favourite 456/550/575 Photo... | Page 179 | FerrariChat

Let's see your favourite 456/550/575 Photo...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Condor Man, Jan 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. masinari

masinari Karting

Jun 30, 2005
    Manhattan; California; Italy; Shanghai
    Full Name:
    Matthew Asinari DSM
    #4451 masinari, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    After 2 years in storage with fresh fluids in Seattle - I was working all around the world- I finally took my 575 M with me all the way on Route 101. I always wanted to explore it from the very beginning in Northern Oregon all the way to Sausalito/San Francisco!

The car slept for such a long time, fully covered and trickle charger on, yet it started right away. So happy to hear her engine buzzing smoothly, with no problem. I checked it fully, all the tires back to correct pressure, drove it carefully to get rid of the full tank of fuel, and after some usual time to get the tires to get rid of flat spots, I drove on one the most amazing roads, on the most amazing part of the West Coast, the norther jewel of the "Lost Coast" . 101 is a true natural racetrack and majestic road. I have driven in 5 Continents and Route 101 is truly a must for every car and driving Ferrari enthusiast. A roller coaster ride. No police and amazing road surfaces.

The car ran flawlessly. 1,600 km of happiness, speed, and soulful driving. Me and my car. Nobody else.

The car showed only the check engine light for half a day, - I had the same problem with my GT3 RS, when they sit too long the Oxygen Sensors do get fouled up but after putting a bottle of Techron and filling it up a few times w/ Shell Nitro, it cleaned up and the CEL light went off.

I am a manual transmission enthusiast, but I have to say the F1 was wonderful. It still has that mechanical feeling and I can hear the click-click of the gears engaging right behind me. I had a 550 before and this is as gratifying as the manual in a different way.

Truly a wonderful car that will become a true Ferrari V12 front engine classic, as much as the original Lusso, 275 GTB, and Daytona.

I bought and sold many cars in my life, but this one I will never, ever sell it!

Here are some photos to share!

Best to everyone,

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

philM575, NE550, F456M and 4 others like this.
  2. 12659

12659 Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2005
    Seattle WA. USA
    Full Name:
    mark
    Cool, I have driven that road many times, 15 years or more perhaps, usually in the 550. It is a zen drive, as long as the California fires don't ruin it.
    Keep the faith and by all means drive the damn thing mileage be damned.

3. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
  4. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Awesome. I plan to do 101 from south to north in my 360. Probably next year. Been wanting to do it since the 70's. Finally have the car, money, and time.

5. masinari

masinari Karting

Jun 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Matthew Asinari DSM
    Great G. Pepper. That's exactly like me! I finally had the time!. Even compared with my trips across Europe ( e.g. Switzerland, Italy, France, Norway, UK, Spain) and USA including Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Arizona, Monument Valley, etc. Route 101 North is possibly the longest and most beautiful natural racetrack in the world that I have seen so far.

I did Route 101 on the Lost Coast in 3 days (that's the explanation as why I was going fast :) but seriously I recommend you plan a full week to see and enjoy so much. For example, I drove thru the amazing sequoias and the "RedWood Avenue of the Giants" forest, but I did not have time to do take a Ferrari inside the Sequoia Tree Tunnel. It would have been a fun photo!

You will absolutely love it. There are lots of little motels, cafes, amazing museums (including the Maritime Museum where Lewis and Clark arrived in Astoria). Spectacular vistas, bays, harbors, rugged capes, amazing rock islands

I will start a new thread called "Ferraris Journeys Traveling the World" where we could post amazing places where we have taken our cars....and where they took us!

Definitvely post yours!

F456M and G. Pepper like this.
  6. masinari

masinari Karting

Jun 30, 2005
    Full Name:
    Matthew Asinari DSM

Totally share your view 12659 and WBKLINK. My car is a 2003, it had 19,000 miles until then and now it has gone over the 20,000 mark thanks to this trip. Perfect trip milestone! BTW. my car was in worst shape sitting in my garage. covered and not running for 2 years. The tires were flat spotted, the CEL was on..... Now after driving it 1,100 miles it starts and runs way better, it shinier and no more flat spots on my tires!!!

Let's drive them! It is the best way to keep them in top shape!

7. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You guys are killing me with the road trip talk!

I'm on the wrong coast for longitudinal road trips. Itching to do cross-country and it's in the cards next summer - but the imminent trip will be Philadelphia to South Florida in the next month or so in my 911. I was actually just reading a thread on the G Wagen forum about a similar PNW - SF trip a guy took, looked magical considering the places his tank took him. It looks incredible.

-Joe

8. wbklink

wbklink F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Bill Karp
    They love to be driven :) my car so perfect in every way because... I'm driving her all the time ! Las Vegas once a month and all over Mulholland Highway so much fun !
    cheers,
    Bill

308 GTB likes this.
  9. 12659

12659 Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2005
    Seattle WA. USA
    Full Name:
    mark
    Last year driving down to Monterey with a buddy, we were stopped in Oregon. Beautiful 2 lane highway, heading west out of Bend. Came up over a rise, and at that instant the radar chirped a millisecond. I instinctively braked hard from 125+-mph. A few minutes later, I see a Ford Explorer in the mirror, light bar blazing......
    The officer approached from the passenger side, said "hey, it took me 4 miles to catch up"! He asked the usual: license reg, insurance. Record clean? Yeah. "What are you guys doin anyway? We told him we were on our way to California the long way. "So why the Oregon plates and a Washington driver's license?" I told him I own property in Oregon, which is true. He could see that we were just a couple of older guys getting a drive in before or expiration date comes up. How many more drives do we really have after all? "I clocked you at 81 MPH". Oh, I replied is that right. Then I said, I have to ask: Is it really speeding if the car is capable of 200 MPH and we are only going 81 MPH?

He let us off, with a chuckle.

Be careful out there.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Makuono, kandi, NE550 and 1 other person like this.
  10. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Yes please do that. Great idea.

11. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    My PO (CCR456) had a Passport 9500 installed. Works great.

12. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon

Attached Files:

Bas, Boomhauer, F456M and 3 others like this.
  13. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth

14. docapl

docapl Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
  15. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Tarek307, masinari, VColin and 10 others like this.
  16. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    the deepening looks perfect. many 550/575 are much higher in the back than in the front. The rims look great, but missing the Ferrari hub cap. The exhaust looks great but the tailpipes look very far back. A picture of the engine with the manifolds? How did the performance develop with the other exhaust?

17. 21ATS

21ATS Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2016
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Alan
    That's the first set of aftermarket wheels I've seen that look right on a 550. Just need some centre caps like Tim says.

Bluebottle likes this.
  18. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    I'm planning on raising the rear by about half an inch soon here. On the centre caps...I'm torn. I kind of like the clean look without the pop of yellow on the side view.

Manifolds you can't really see well from the topside. I've attached a photo of them during construction in Fabio's shop. I've posted photos before in another thread of the finished product before it was installed. As for performance gains, others have dyno'd near 450rwhp with the full exhaust which is an improvement of about 30-40rwhp over stock. Mine dyno'd 409rwhp stock. Need to get back in there for the post dyno, but butt dyno is positive and the exhaust note is 10000x better.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

F456M, Bas and NE550 like this.
  19. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    There are silver center caps that blend perfectly with the color of the stock wheels. Couldn't say about yours, but the color seems to be close. I put them on the modular wheels for my 360 because I have silver calipers. They look great. To me, anyway.

20. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    Motoguzzi likes this.
  21. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    The wheels are painted the correct factory colour. I believe PPG Argento Nurburgring...I posted the paint code in another thread but yes, it's OEM colour Ferrari used.

G. Pepper likes this.
  22. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Those would look pretty good. Wonder how they'd hold up over time.

As for why raise, it just squats too much when I'm giving her the beans. We'll see...not set on it yet. Car rides great as is otherwise.

ifeelfree0 likes this.
  23. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
    what size do the rims have? Spacers? Bigger brakes at the front?