Car Seat for Toddler | FerrariChat

Car Seat for Toddler

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by Tupps11, Nov 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    Has anyone gotten a forward facing car seat in their F12?

My son is 15 months old and weighs 10.5 KG. I wanna be able to take him with me in the F12 when i use it on weekends (around town & NOT spirited drives). He's too young for anything more at this point. I hate leaving him at home just cause i'm using my sports cars. Was hoping i could do both.

Curious if anyone has installed a good quality one? Money is no issue. Safety and a good fit are my primary concerns.

Passed by my local dealer for Recaro Car Seats. I tried every model they have.

Favorite one was the "Young Sport Hero" model. Unfortunately the narrowest part of my F12's Racing Seats are 27cm. The base of the Recaro is 30cm wide, which means it was sitting lopsided once installed/fasted in place with the seatbelt.

Has anyone successfully installed a proper car seat in their supercar yet?

If so, can you recommend the brand and maybe measure the width of the base?

Would be much appreciated.

2. rmfamily

rmfamily Rookie

Aug 6, 2017
    I use two of the Clek Fllo seats in my FF every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    Thanks for the quick reply.

Just Checked it out online. Looks like a quality product. Unfortunately the width of the base is 13 inches (33cm). The narrowest part of the F12's racing seat is 27cm, so it won't fit unfortunately.

4. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #4 marky1, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    Check out some of the Britax Romer kidfix seats. I have one (but doesn't look like they make this particular one anymore) that used to fit in my Scuderia very well. The base was narrower than the seat section the child sat on, if that makes sense.

Edited, sorry can see he is only 10.5kg, these are for 15kg I think, but would still suggest to look at this manufacturer to see if they have any. Once he is 15kg something like the below link has worked for me.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Britax-Kidfix-ISOFIX-Group-Booster/dp/B00694W8FQ

5. Mn-0127

Mn-0127 Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2013
    Try Diono radiant XT, best and slimmest. Used them for my twins in back of FF, now lusso, never front.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    VColin and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. Tupps11

Tupps11 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2009
    Looks like they have quite a few models. I obviously need one without the isofix, since you can only attach a child seat in the front using the seatbelts.

I downloaded the user manuals for almost every model. They show the dimensions for each seat, but not the base of it that will be resting on the F12's passenger seat. I have yet to find a car seat with a narrow enough base which can fit comfortably between the two side bolsters that stick up either side of your thigh.

Would you happen to have the dimensions of the base of your Britax model? Also, what size bucket did you have in the Scuderia. I went for the standard size in my F12 (which i think comes as a medium or large). In any case, the narrowest part between the bolsters is 27cm.

9. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I had the large bucket seats. The seat above (and incidentally the one that TTforefed mentions) fits perfectly. I have two, one is the mercedes one that has the airbag deactivator in it (but it didn't work in the scud). The other is identical but has Britax written on it, they are the same seat but one is branded mercedes. I'll try to measure it for you later when I get home. The only issue you have is that this seat is not suitable for your son right not, but in a few months once he is bigger it is the seat to go for!

10. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
  11. SkipperAndre

SkipperAndre Rookie

Mar 15, 2017
    Hello Tupps11,

Curious if you found any good seats for the F12? Looking for same now, my daughter is a bit over 3 years old now.

Did you do anything ref the airbag or just put the seat as far back as you can?

Pleased to hear any recommendations

Brgds Andre