Sold - 1977 308 GTB | FerrariChat

Sold 1977 308 GTB

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by david, Sep 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    Well after almost 20 years of ownership, I have decided it is time to sell my ’77 308 GTB. It has been a great car and we have put an enjoyable 45K miles on the car during our ownership – who says you can’t drive them?

The car is in pretty amazing original condition for the mileage, only non-original surface is the lower front bumper/spoiler. Original paint, interior, glass, and anytime the car needed anything, I addressed it immediately. Huge file of maintenance records back to 1978.

I have enlisted the assistance of a local dealer that runs a boutique shop to help market the car. Here is the link to the car, photos, and all details. Please direct all inquiries there.

https://www.nweuro.com/1977-ferrari-308-gtb/

It's been a fun car and we will miss it, but I'm off to the next chapter!

Thanks,

david

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Beautiful.

ingegnere likes this.
  3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think a wise move to get it here with so many eyeballs..

We are some of the longest term owners on the site!
    GLWS!!

simchanova likes this.
  4. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

very nice

5. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    David, hate to see you sell it but hope the sale goes quickly and smoothly! I can tell you from experience you will miss it. :)

7. JuLiTrO

JuLiTrO Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julio Saiz
    The '77 in BAT hit good numbers!
    Hope your unit does the same
    GLWS!

8. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    @Jdubbya Yes, I know what you mean. I talked with the dealer handling the sale and he said that there are a couple interested parties already. It's getting real and I already have a little sadness. It was a really fun car to own and I know I will miss it. But I can't tell you how many neat cars I've owned that I sort of regret selling. I would love to keep them all, but I've got to be realistic. So out with the old and in with the new...

9. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Well here's to hoping they get in a bidding war over it!! :0

I agree David. Anything fun on your list for next?

10. Willdief

Willdief Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Mercer Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Will Diefenbach
    What a gorgeous, original car, David. I know its hard to let her go. Someone is going to get a fabulous ride! GLWS

11. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Gorgeous. GLWS

12. hawaiizac

hawaiizac Karting

Mar 29, 2018
    Hawaii and Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Hawaiizac
    Sweet! Love it.

13. Marc Rauchfuss

Oct 13, 2018
    SoCal
    Hello, What is the asking price?

14. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    @Jdubbya There is always something fun on the list, but first things first... @Willdief Thanks. You know it definitely will be hard to let her go. We sure had some memorable road trips in that car. @Marc Rauchfuss All the info is in the link above. It will take you to a pile of pictures and detailed information. There appear to be a few people interested in the car, so I know it's priced right and it's just a matter of time before it's purchased.

I remember when I bought this car, it took me months to put the deal together. The seller and I had made a deal and I was about ready to write the check. And that's when I got laid off! Fortunately for me, I managed to get another job in a couple weeks and the deal was back on again. But it was not without some excitement...

15. RED GTS

RED GTS Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gungnir
    We went in a last ride in Dave’s car on a nice fall day. What a great car, and the pictures are great. Good luck on the sale

16. ferrari1971

ferrari1971 Karting

Jul 26, 2015
    Santa Barbara , Ca.
    That is one nice 308! GLWS

17. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    I've had some great rides with fun friends in that car. I have fond memories of all the trips and all the people who have enjoyed this car.

I am reminded of the time I visited my father when the car was fairly new to me. Dad was pretty influential in fostering my love of cars and he always had something cool in the garage until my brother and I were old enough to drive.

When we visited, Dad was getting older and slowing down a bit, but I figured he would enjoy a ride in the 308. So at some point one afternoon Dad suggested a drive. I didn't really know the roads out where my parents lived, but he said we would probably find something.

Dad and I typically didn't talk all that much when we were together. (At one point, when I was younger, we took a three hour car trip together without saying a word to each other. It wasn't uncomfortable or anything, we just didn't really have anything to say to each other.) So when we took off, Dad would just tell me to turn right or left or follow this road or whatever. So I figured we were just meandering around. But then we turned onto this road out in the middle of nowhere and it was fresh blacktop. He said they had just paved it last week. I think he must have scouted it, especially when he said that there usually wasn't much traffic on the road at this time, with maybe a subtle sign of a grin on his face.

We took off and it was just gentle carving turns for ever. So after enjoying a mile or so of this and realizing that there really wasn't any traffic, I just floored the darn thing. And then I turned to Dad and said, "Now you can tell your friends that you have driven over 100 mph in a Ferrari." He laughed and then about 3 minutes later I looked over and he had fallen asleep! As I said, he was getting older and apparently it was nap time. He woke up after a while, which was a good thing because I had no idea where we were. He directed us home and that was that.

Dad died this June and that is one of the great memories I have of a fine afternoon spent together. And I have also found out that this was a great memory of his as well. I guess he told the story of going over 100 in the Ferrari to a number of people. So, yes, there is a lot in this car beyond the few fancy photos and the description. It has been a part of my life for nearly 20 years. I'm hoping the next owner gets as much enjoyment out of the car as I have.

18. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

That’s a great story David.
    And I’m sorry to hear about your pops.....

19. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This looks like a fantastic car at a more than reasonable price, from a great long term owner. Someone should snap it up.

20. JuLiTrO

JuLiTrO Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julio Saiz
    Still available?

21. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
  22. John M

John M Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Kentucky
    Unapologetic bump to the top regarding the nice story about David's dad. Good luck with the sale of a fine 308.

23. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    @John M Glad you enjoyed the story. I always chuckle to myself when I see an ad posted and it says, "no stories car". I know what that is supposed to mean, but I like to think of it in another way. My car has more stories than you can imagine. Maybe I'll share a few more when I have the time. Meanwhile, the car is waiting for the person who wants to start writing the next chapter.

JuLiTrO likes this.
  24. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

What's the serial number?

Just curious.

25. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david