A New Home for this Rubino Micalizzato 612 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

A New Home for this Rubino Micalizzato 612

Discussion in '612/599' started by lee-o, Aug 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Randy (randkin) our cars look like twins other than the wheels. Are you ever at any of the FCA events or other events in the LA area?

2. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Randy (randkin) our cars look like twins other than the wheels. Do you go to any of the FCA events or other events in the LA area?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have gone to some Westlake Ferrari events, and a couple Super Car Sundays in the Valley but I haven't gone FCA or FOC events in LA. Driving down to LA traffic isn't so much fun. I usually drive a different car when I go to LA just because of traffic, parking there etc. Most of the FCA events start in LA so I just haven't done any FCA events. Perhaps we can meet at a West Lake Ferrari C&C if you make any of those events. Not sure why but I don't always get notification of their events even though I get my car service at their service facility in Van Nuys?

4. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Peter and Randy - beautiful color - grigio alloy metallic?

5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Lee Thanks, mine is Grigio Ferro. Peter is yours the same or Silverstone? Both colors look pretty much the same in pictures but definatly different in person.

Lee are you going to show your car at the Montecito concour coming up on 9/23? or at least going to the event?

6. lee-o

lee-o Karting

Dec 8, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Hi Randy, I would love to include the car in the Montecito event, but I purchased my 612 after the deadline to include the car. Next year! But I anticipate that I will be attending the event. If you are going, feel free to PM me and we can see if we can coordinate to meet there.

7. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Mine's Silverstone with Nero interior.

lee-o likes this.
  8. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    I just picked up a black 612 OTO. Car on it's way to Bradan for belt service and new tires. This is my first paddle shifter Ferrari. Is there anything I need to know about the car? Also planning to install all season tires as I am planning to drive the car all the time.

lee-o and donv like this.
  9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Bradan knows his 612s has he has serviced mine for years.

Dont waste money on all seasons, ever, unless you can find nokian wr, which you cant get in 612 sizes. Get snows on a second set of wheels otherwise do not attempt to drive the car in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lee-o likes this.
  10. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    Nice where did you get it from?

11. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    A couple things come quickly to mind. Be gentle when using the window switches, and also the reverse lever. When starting the car wait the 10 seconds for the "CHECK OK" to come on in the TFT display before driving off. Occasionally you will get various malfunction messages, but thankfully they are usually remedied by shutting the engine off, waiting a few seconds or a minute, and then restarting.

Also I don't think all season tires are available for this car unless you are willing to get a non-standard size, which I wouldn't recommend.

Congrats on the new car and I wish you good luck with it!

And the same to lee-o, I don't know how I missed this thread when it started.

donv likes this.
  12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Tirerack showing no winter tires in 19 or 20. I dont think we can fit 19s over the OTO calipers.

13. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Private sale

14. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    These are new. However I dont want snow tires. Just all season performance tires.

15. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Thank you for the pointers. The tires I was referring to are these Potenzas.

16. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    What you think of these Potenzas?

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    No real opinion. I dont see why you wld run all seasons which will be useless in the snow. What you are giving up during the non winter months makes no sense. I use the ultra summer performance michelins on all my cars, ps4s or whatever they’re called. The only non snow and non ultra summer tire i run is the nokian wr3 on my LR4.

18. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Not so much for snow but I think all seasons would fit the car better in a cold climate part of the country. It also helps with driving the car in rain and not worry about losing grip when it's 40 degrees or less. Agree with buying a 2nd set of rims for snow tires.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I live in the same area as you i think. Talk to dan . Ive never had any issues with the ultra summers, not being stupid when driving obviously

20. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Yes. Ultimately Dan will have the final say. Thank you for the pointers.

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Honestly my position is way too aggressive. Maybe all season do make sense. Brutal reality 95 percent of driving in metro nyc area is at 5/10ths. Reality is daily driving we sre Splitting hairs amongst high quality tires.

cgt000 likes this.
  22. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    I buy the summer extreme performance tires for my garage queens that I never get to drive thanks to horrible road conditions and bad drivers on the road. Lol.... I am planning to drive my 612, very slowly albeit so all seasons make more sense for me.

23. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    That is good as the Potenzas are only R rated tires and the factory spec is for ZR tires. :)

24. cgt000

cgt000 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2014
    Northeast
    Very valid point. I did not notice that. Even more confused now.

25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Very nice indeed