599 GTZ at Kuwait Auto Works Show | FerrariChat

599 GTZ at Kuwait Auto Works Show

Discussion in '612/599' started by Yo06Player, Dec 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yo06Player

Yo06Player Rookie

Oct 7, 2015
    Nice / Monaco
    Full Name:
    William R. P.
    So, apparently there is a 599 GTZ Nibbio Zagato that has been made.

They claim 9 exist, and this is the only one with manual transmission.

But if this is the 9/9, where are the 8 others ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NürScud likes this.
  2. GHG

GHG Formula 3

Jan 29, 2008
    Wow – never even heard of this project. Manual transmission as well. Do you have more photos?

3. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, that's a really nice question!

4. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    WAT?

First time I´ve heard of it. Nothing here at Ferrarichat. Google shows nothing, nada, niente. Understandable in a one-off, but it´s quite strange that all the 9 buyers decided to keep their cars buried for so long.

5. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    joeacc likes this.
  6. ZDF_Fan

ZDF_Fan Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Kuwait
    My first reaction is that maybe they mislabeled it?? Certainly looks a lot like the 575 GTZ. However the hood as well as sides don’t match the 575 GTZ. Front grill also looks somewhat different with maybe larger side air scoops... but that might be the lightning and angle of the photo.

Certainly strange that there is no evidence of this particular model anywhere no matter how rare.

No more photos @Yo06Player?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. Yo06Player

Yo06Player Rookie

Oct 7, 2015
    Nice / Monaco
    Full Name:
    William R. P.
    That's a 599 for sure, the rear is different from the 575 models.

It's really weird, it has Nibbio badges on the side. I like the front but not so sure about the rear.

here are some more :

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Natkingcolebasket69 and ZDF_Fan like this.
  8. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Damn... I wasn't aware of that thing

9. ZDF_Fan

ZDF_Fan Karting

Oct 29, 2013
    Kuwait
    Wow stunning. Thanks for the additional pics

10. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Wow i love it

11. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper

12. JLopez

JLopez Rookie

Sep 3, 2009
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Justin
    this really looks great! would love to see the other specs.

13. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  14. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Not big on the rear but he would not turn it down

15. KevinBennet2018

Jun 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    Kevin Bennet
    It seems that the car is for sale at Tomini:)

16. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    What's the story behind the shields that say NIBBIO on them? Searches just inform me that it's the Italian word for the kite bird.

17. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Found this from 2007:

"It is a 575 .. saw it at the Quail in 2006 .. belngs to a Yoshiyuki Hayashi who is a famous Japanese car collector, who owns numerous cars of great historical value, including several Ferraris such as the 166MM, the 250 Spider California, two Daytonas – a coupe and a spider – and the Enzo.

In the classic tradition of the keen purchaser of exclusive cars who stimulated the creativeness of Italian coachbuilders in the 1950s and 1960s, Yushiyuki Hayashi asked Zagato if it would be possible to create a body for his 575M, in the style of the famous 250GTZ berlinetta.

When Zagato received this request, it informed Ferrari of the project, which would be a good opportunity to celebrate the model’s anniversary, and then created a car that harked back to the 250 GTZ, built around the Ferrari 575.

Like its forebear, the 575 GTZ has an all-aluminum body, and, as a tribute to Ferrari and to two-seater Italian sports cars, it has joined the exclusive group of cars that are the fruit of the tradition of custom-built cars.

Like the 250 GTZ, it sports two-tone paintwork with styling cues and volumes that explicitly refer back to the 1950s, and sublimates the character of the many cars built by Zagato to clothe original engineering, with the pure style of traditional sports cars. For Zagato, the project represented an opportunity to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Ferrari 250 GTZ of 1956, one of the most outstanding GT cars, which has already gone down in history.

The model, which was also commissioned by a gentleman driver and collector, in the best Zagato tradition, is a sublime synthesis of prestige and performance, elegance and sportiness, to the point that it can boast the highest value of any car in the luxury period sports car market. The 250 GTZ has won numerous competitions and concours d’elegance, and it represents a dream come true, because experts and fans consider it one of the most beautiful cars in the world.

The new 575 GTZ has the Ferrari prancing horse on its bonnet and the Z of Zagato on its side, an expression of eternal Italian excellence in its form and content. It is a winning combination, linking the most powerful, famous engineering in the world with the most refined, fascinating sporting style, both made strictly in Italy.

The concept of sporty elegance, functional design that does not merely follow the trend of the moment but strives for pure performance, and the ultra-light aluminum body are Zagato’s strengths which become a universally recognized value.

Just as in the 1956, the 250GTZ was showed at the most important concours d’elegance, 50 years later, the 575GTZ will be presented in a world premier at Villa D’Este Concours D’Elegance, Cernobbio (Italy) April 22th - 24th."

18. fergusonrs

fergusonrs Rookie

Nov 25, 2008
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ross Scott Ferguson
    The car is currently for sale at Tomini Classics in Dubai

19. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    4rextc likes this.
  20. damian in nj

damian in nj Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 24, 2009
    Cavallino magazine has listed the 550/575 variants in their price guide for years, but was there a 599 Zagato version as the title suggests?

21. Medvezh

Medvezh Rookie

Nov 26, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Full Name:
    Daniel Veindl
    I'm surprised the factory has no problem with the car being advertised as 'FERRARI 599 GTZ NIBBIO ZAGATO' while it doesn't bear any Cavallino badge so is not approved as an official Ferrari car - just like Carrozeria Touring Superleggera Berlinetta Lusso.
    Maybe that's the reason a lot os us here never heard of the car - it's simply not a Ferrari :) But thanks for this topic, I'm glad I could learn about it.

22. BLACKburn49

BLACKburn49 Karting

Nov 2, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    David BENOIT
  23. BLACKburn49

BLACKburn49 Karting

Nov 2, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    David BENOIT
    From Ahmed Al Bakry (Refined Marques):

[​IMG]

Boomhauer and G. Pepper like this.
  24. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I don't care about its status, I just like it as a design. Not perfect, but passionate.

Boomhauer and Jakuzzi like this.
  25. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33