F430 Scuderia F1 System/Actuator | FerrariChat

F430 Scuderia F1 System/Actuator

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by tomov69, Nov 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomov69

tomov69 Rookie

Dec 27, 2013
    Hello guys,
    We are repairing a F430 Scuderia and we have totally remove the F1 system.( all the hydraulic pipes,f1 pump and the actuator).
    Now we have correctly put all the cables and pipes together and it is time to fill the system with oil and to start bleeding procedure. We use a Leonardo diagnostic for the purpose.
    Since now the car starts on neutral gear, engages 1st gear and after a second automatically goes on neutral again. This does not happened when we engage rear gear. On rear gear the car starts to spin the wheels.
    My question now is what exactly is the procedure of bleeding the system? Should we bleed the f1 system and the actuator a couple of times or should we somehow do it manually? Is there any chance of damage the actuator valves or the pump while we doing this? If anyone have any suggestions please let me know! Everything will be of help to us!

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Here is the bleeding procedure from WSM - let me know if this helps or you looking for something else

Attached Files:

3. Ferrari_Doctor

Feb 14, 2012
    As Flash says.
    You have air in the F1 actuator. Do a full bleed including E-Diff. Be sure to tighten the 3actuator bleed screws correctly. Also apply a little glue in the screw housing after correct tightening to help keep the screws in position.

FYI - you need to remove the rear exhaust system and loosen the RH CAT to make room for the actuator.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elevated velocity and Red 27 like this.
  4. tomov69

tomov69 Rookie

Dec 27, 2013
    Thanks a lot for the information and instructions!

I have done all the steps bleeding the clutch the f1 system, the actuator and the E-diff.

Problem that I`ve manage to see is that when I open the E-diff i saw that the gearbox oil is mixed with the one from the oil from the F1 system. So I hit on rock again..
    Do you have any sugestions from what could that happened. Can it be from some seal or from the maintance we have done so far?

Any knowledge will help me! Thanks in advance!

5. Ferrari_Doctor

Feb 14, 2012
    Firstly I need to ask why you opened the E-Diff

Secondly are you loosing fluid after bleeding? (Sealed System)

Last thing, I would check for bleed off time.
    I will dig out the exact timing.
    You need to look at the system pressure and check the timing between pump activations.
    From memory it shouldn’t be any less than 60 seconds with the ignition on.

6. tomov69

tomov69 Rookie

Dec 27, 2013
    Hello,

First of all thank you all for the answers.

Second think the car used to hava a masavi hit on the back.
    We decide to change the gearbox oil. When we open the gearbox we saw that the oil from gearbox is mixed with the one from the F1 system. Thats why we thought that it might have some problem on the diff.

I guess we were right. The axle shaft have broken a big plate that is inside of the gearbox and keeps both of the oil separete. Check the pictures.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Ferrari_Doctor

Feb 14, 2012

Oh no. That doesn’t look good.
    New diff required - I don’t think you can buy many of the parts that make up the E-diff

Post your results.

8. Ferrari_Doctor

Feb 14, 2012
    Just out of interest. What wheels and tyres was this car running?

9. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Yes I was curious as well?

10. A_Scuderia_F430

Oct 31, 2012
    SE + DE
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Just out of interest, does it matter? Would other wheels and/or tyres than OEM cause the ediff to break?

11. Ferrari_Doctor

Feb 14, 2012
    Yes. On the Scuderia the tyres were specially developed by Pirelli. You must only run Pirelli P-zero Corsa you can use different wheels if they are of the exact specification and dimensions of that OEM.
    I have seen this same fault with a car that had Michelin’s fitted and the car was tracked.
    The car was under manufactures warranty at the time and Ferrari inspected the tyres and the claim was rejected.

I would guess that under normal driving conditions thus not activating the ediff you could run which ever tyres you prefer.
    But let’s be honest who buys a Scud to do that??

12. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    And running different brand tires would cause what exactly, given they were the same size? Too much grip? Not enough? I could understand different size tires causing problems, similar to AWD systems, but this is 2 wheel drive. PLMK

13. Ferrari_Doctor

Feb 14, 2012
    Sorry for the late reply.
    I will try and find a thread on Scuderia tyres for you.
    Most manufactures now develop their tyres to each model and stamped on the side wall of the tyre.
    If it’s the case for you that you were running different tyres I would highly recommend putting P-zero Corsa on.