My first Ferrari is being delivered today! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My first Ferrari is being delivered today!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by John Salvador, Nov 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WLFerrari

WLFerrari Karting

Mar 17, 2017
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Wayne
    I drive my car once every couple of weeks so I have the battery tender on all the time. The battery tender says fully charged but keep in mind it is a conditioner not a charger. I think unless you drive the car almost daily, it is still best to have the battery tender as there is a constant draw from all of the car electronics. So to speak, better safe than sorry as I certainly do not want a dead battery.

2. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats you will love it! Drive it! I’ve put 6000 miles in a year and a half and enjoyed every single mile!

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Congratulations!! Drive it, enjoy it, its fantastic! What a great color combination! Don't ever sell this car, they simply can't make a car like this again. By the way, when it comes to cars, you are now ruined for life! :)

As to tender I'd recommend this one. And I'd recommend plugging in every time you park the car for the day. This way you don't forget to plug it in. I wouldn't let it sit more than a few days without the tender. If the battery is a few years old, you probably should make a mental note to have it replaced sometime soon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-CTEK-MUS-7002-Battery-Charger-Adapter-360-F430-458-California-599-612/192365458849?hash=item2cc9dff5a1:g:WasAAOSwBkRaDI60:sc:USPSPriorityMailLegalFlatRateEnvelope!10577!US!-1:rk:5:pf:0

daytona355 likes this.
  4. John Salvador

John Salvador Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    I agree. I was originally planning on keeping my 650ix Convertible, but now can’t see the reason for keeping it at all. If I sell it, I don’t need to get a lift to stack cars and will be able to park my work car (that’s the Odyssey in one of the pics) in the garage again.

daytona355 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The thing about lifts is once you put a car on it, driving that car is no longer a spontaneous decision. You have to make sure the drive way is clear. Then move the car out from under, then take the car on the lift down. Then you have to decide where to put the car that was on the bottom before. If you put it on top then you have the time involved in moving the car onto the lift. Or if you are going to return the top car to the lift then the lift is down and you can't quickly park a car on it or you can raise it but that takes time and then park the car under it again etc. They serve a purpose but, to my way of thinking, the advantages the 650 gives you are fairly easy to live with daily type car with a useful backseat. If you can go without these things, it probably makes more sense to sell the BMW because you will have a simpler setup and some cash in the pocket. Don't underestimate the value of keeping things simple. Either way, they are all nice cars, please remember these words when the eventual happens and you get a little used to the 458 and maybe you start looking around for other things: don't sell that car!

6. John Salvador

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    The only way I ever see selling this car is if I put a ton of miles on it and sell it to get another lower mileage example. I agree with keeping things simple. Even if I had a four car garage, does anyone really need four cars with only two drivers? I have my work vehicle (Honda Odyssey), my wife has a 2018 Audi Q5 (which I really like) and we now have the 458 Spider and the 650 convertible. I didn’t even put 20k on the 650 in over 4 years l, so I really think the right thing to do is to sell it. Just kills me because it is in absolutely mint condition inside and out.

Automoblog and Caeruleus11 like this.
  7. John Salvador

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    Jasonberkeley and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

John , my question is how many times late at night have you been out to your garage to take a peek ? Be honest . Lol

9. John Salvador

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    Define late at night. If the question is how many times have I gotten out of bed to look at it, I can honestly say none. However, I’ve lost count how many times I’ve just gone into the garage to stare at it. Lol

Cigarzman likes this.
  10. m3the01

m3the01 Rookie

Aug 5, 2009
    Hampton, NH
    It's funny, I find them incredibly comfortable and we'll layed out. That said, Porsche and McLaren do street a bit better / comfortable but missing that Ferrari style.

11. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    welcome to the club!

12. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    nice. BUT, if you think this car is loud, cramped, and and rough riding.....dont ever buy a 512 bb, or a cs, or an f40, or anything british from before 1980, or anything italian before 1980 for that matter. :)

13. John Salvador

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    Trust me, I have no intentions on ever owning any of those cars. This one is perfect for me.

14. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Well done and a non red Ferrari for a first timer! Extra well done!

If you are driving it regularly, the tender isn't necessary. Unless you plan on working on the cars, nix the lift and sell the BMW. I had 11 cars at one point and it was a logistical PIA.

btw way.... A 458 isn't loud and uncomfortable. Try a CS for a while for volume.

15. John Salvador

Oct 5, 2018
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Secret Saver
    Well compared to the 650ix, everything I wrote is pretty accurate lol, but I wouldn’t change a thing . I decided to sell the 650ix and it is already gone.

16. SCEye

SCEye F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2009
    Norcal - Peninsula
    One is a member of the family. The other is a (nice) piece of metal. I think most of us would do the same

17. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014