My first 488 service experience | FerrariChat

My first 488 service experience

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by BlueCorsa, Nov 18, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlueCorsa

BlueCorsa Rookie

Jan 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Blue Corsa
    so I took my 488 in for its first annual service recently, thinking I should have a smooth & pleasant experience.

First of all, realized they don’t offer a free pickup service, whereas the local Mac dealer does that for a friend with a 12c. I got over that issue.

I was also surprised to hear that they wouldn’t put in SRF brake fluid even though the Challenge cars run SRF and I’ve always used this fluid in other cars. Apparently, the dealer would only use Pakola which I’ve never even heard of.

The biggest issue was the service report they wrote which is now - according to the dealer - permanently saved in their computer system. I had previously switched out my tires and inadvertently drove them with low pressures while my Tpms wasn’t working which led to premature wear on the front tires.

I thought the dealer would treat me like a valued customer, but they entered notes (which apparently can’t be modified) that the car was ‘overdriven’ which led to the tire wear. I explained to them that this is a false statement and will hurt me when selling the car if the prospective buyer wants to see service records. Got some BS response from service guy. Not sure what they were thinking, but sounds like stupidity within the dealer. Never had any other dealer service department enter these types of comments in a service report.

Any suggestions on how to handle?

2. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Not worry about it. Life is too short and there are too many things to stress about.

Doc_K and Thecadster like this.
  3. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    what Mike said

4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Meh.... it’s a nothing burger bro. Let it go or get dragged. Go enjoy your rig. Best , Kirk.

Thecadster likes this.
  5. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Cigarzman likes this.
  6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Like the others said before me, I can’t imagine a universe where a future propestuve buyer would insert that data point into their decision making calculus. Drive the car as much as you can before the next service interval. It’s truly an amazing car.

Motorwerks likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m of the camp that this is a nothing burger as well with regards to the service record.

Now if you felt the dealer was not respectful, that is a different issue but welcome to the world of exotics where you think buying a 300k car should give you special attention till you find out that it doesn’t.

up4speed and Cigarzman like this.
  8. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    what part of the world is the dealer located?

9. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

You will only get “special attention “ if you spend 325 k and up. You just missed the cutoff. :eek:

10. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    After decades of buying high end cars, most of my dealer experiences can be classified as adequate or satisfactory, with the exception being classified as miserable.After being a loyal Porsche customer with more than a dozen purchases in the last 15 years, I got royally screwed on being offered an allocation on an R and then being ultimately denied. The dealership then made no further attempt to make it up to me.

On the other hand, my experience with Lamborghini Uptown Toronto has been a revelation. From the moment I walked into the dealership I was treated with the utmost respect, courtesy and attention. Multiple test drives offered including over weekends. Trade in of my Gallardo Balboni was expedited in a fair and professional manner as was my trade of the 580-2 for the Performante. The entire buying experience was by a wide margin, the most pleasurable I have ever encountered. Not only was my sales rep, the incomparable Heather Ballentine, diligent, exceptionally knowledgable and a joy to work with, the professionalism extended to the service personel and the General Manager, James Davidson. My highest recommendatioin for this dealership and only wish others would behave this way.When spending an amount of a middle class home in many parts of the country on a car, I have little patience for dealers who do not treat the customer accordingly.

11. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    Its crazy how many of you guys here are treated like that in american supercar dealerships...i know its not everywhere but....over there you generally write SERVICE in big letters...in Europe its unthinkable to have people that park your car for you or put your groceries in the bags for you...but a official licensed dealership wouldnt dare to treat a customer that way...sure there are black sheeps everywhere...but i really wonder why that happens so often in America...is it the distances? So they know the next Dealership is 800 Miles away and think they can do whatever they want?

12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Well at over $500k it still ain't there :) If your dealer has high rollers like many on this board, it will never be there. Driving the car definitely takes the sting away. Soon you'll never even remember you thought you were special.

I also thought someone recently posted that dealers don't share service records with other dealers even on the same car and even if you own it. Maybe I misunderstood.

Cigarzman likes this.
  13. Sean bose

Sean bose Rookie

Jul 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sean bose
    Scottsdale Ferrari will treat you with respect no matter how much you spend

14. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Interesting first post. Please share your experience with them. Best , Kirk.

Automoblog, LI2782 and Thecadster like this.
  15. rolikmeir

rolikmeir Karting

Aug 5, 2018
    i flew half way across the country to look at a car and the guy at the dealership wouldn't even give me 5 minutes with the car after i spent 3 hours on a flight and 2 hours driving. they guy rushed me saying he has a meeting.

ended up buying from a private seller.

although my local dealership in Las Vegas was amazing. treated with respect.

Melvok likes this.
  16. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Vegas is top notch.

17. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  18. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Depends on the sales person. They are good but I wouldn’t call them exceptional. There are certain employees there that are great. Others, not so much.

RWP137 and IPO1 like this.
  19. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

20. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    Would have to agree most car service or sales is a lousy experience altogether. I find no matter the training, or program it’s the person, manager etc.

Worst / Land Rover and Porsche sales, I find they believe it’s a privilege to be there and look at their cars

Ferrari and Lamborghini are pretty good.

Lambo Service would confirm once my car is there, document with video on what they see and what to do next. Very professional.

Not all F are created equal. If you want a good relationship with the local dealer you may want to let the general manager know and get on with it. If not it’ll eat you up for sure.

21. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I purchased a 458, and a 488, from Algar. From the moment I walked in the door, I was treated with courtesy and respect, and welcomed to the family. A totally pleasurable car buying experience at a first class organization.

Yachtman and of2worlds like this.
  22. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    +1. Fortunately, my dealer is very good. I do get a loaner but no, they don’t come get my car.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

23. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I guess it’s a relationship. My Ferrari dealer In Central Florida is respectful friendly and meets my needs. I consider myself professional friends with the team. I have operated on their employees and larger circle of friends. They communicate and provide excellent service and sales. But maybe I’m not coming across as an entitled demanding customer as I consider myself lucky to be a Ferraristi even after six cars.

I do not think it’s me, I think it’s them. I am sure there are arrogant dealers all over.

Incidentally I drove up with my son to look at a Performante at the local Lambo Bentley Rolls in my FF. Sparse sales personnel and could not get any attention for an hour. It’s a good thing I have a relationship Lambo Dallas. Just sayin. It’***** or miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. BlueCorsa

BlueCorsa Rookie

Jan 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Blue Corsa
    Thanks for the input. I should have clarified that my overall sales & service experience has been good, but I just thought it wasn’t right for them to enter a permanent report in their computer system that the tires indicated the car was ‘over driven’ when in reality the tires were under inflated most of the time since my TPMS wasn’t working (also due to pressures being below the threshold where TPMS can be operational). Concern is sharing service reports with a future buyer, which I’d assume most buyers may want to see at this price point.

25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Do you guys get a call from Ferrari ( not the dealer ) a few weeks after you have received your car ? We do. And a lot of the questions are about the dealer and their conduct

Maybe they should do a follow up call after 13 months when the first year service has been done.

I can assure you dealer gets feedback very soon from Ferrari