Hydrogen carbon cleaning | FerrariChat

Hydrogen carbon cleaning

Discussion in '348/355' started by Buzzl, Nov 13, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buzzl

Buzzl Formula Junior

Has anyone ever had this done to their engine? Its done with a hydrogen powered decarbonizing machine. My car basically sat for 3 years before I purchased it. We found that their is lots of carbon buildup on the piston heads. One cylinder had low compression and a 70% leak down. Either the valve is damaged or the valve is not seating properly. I think most of you experts would bet on a valve guide problem or valve itself. No damage on the top of the piston. Im know expert but just wanting expert opinions. Thanks

2. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    355 huh? So possible carbon on valve seats preventing sealing your thinking, or possible stuck rings?
    Never done what your saying but I have done sea foam. BG EPR seems to have positive reviews as well.
    Cheap and worth a try use 1/3 to1/2 tank of fuel not a full tank.

Best of luck and possibly a cheap fix :)

3. Buzzl

Buzzl Formula Junior

Running 1/2 tank with Sea foam now. Will try a couple more times to see if theres an improvement.

4. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Steam is the easiest way to clean it. Open the intake and, using a spray bottle, squirt water into the intake. Just don't go crazy with this since you can lean out the motor.

5. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Then there is the method of burning it out.

vdettore likes this.
  6. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Any luck Buzzl?