Ferrari 360 Daily Driver, one month later | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Daily Driver, one month later

Discussion in '360/430' started by 550nitis, Nov 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
    Ferrari 360 Daily Driver, one month later

One month has gone by since the Ferrari 360 arrived in Southern California. Ive been driving it around twice to three time a week. Last week I started driving it daily except the weekends. What I noticed was that on the weeks I drove it twice a week it drove ok, the engine was tough, the transmission not very cooperative. suspension ok.

But when I started driving it daily it became the most amazing drivers vehicle I can imagine. See this tale started when I tested a 2007 Porsche GT3, when I drove this right out of the box it was the most energetic and enthusiast driving machine I had driven in a long time and wow! And thats the thing with a Porsche, no matter how much they sit, no matter what they always start and drive to perfection, but not the 360.

The 360 is personal, not going to put up with you not driving her, not taking her out constantly. If you want the love then you need to drive the 360 and the more you drive this car the more responsive it gets, the better it shifts, the engine starts to drive like the way a Ferrari engine should be. Very impressive the 360. So now, in order to keep the 360 happy and driving like the ultimate in driving sensations, connectivity to the road, engine, soul: it most be driven daily.

And so the secret with the 360, just drive it as much you can, it is the daily driver.

2. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Not just that, when you don’t drive them issues happened (i.e door handles cables get rusty and seized among some others)
    I like to drive my car at least 2-3 times per week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

550nitis, brookliner7 and 02360spider like this.
  3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    All the bushes on the suspension sag, the ball joints rust, the tires get flat spots and the oil drains from the heads, the oil cooler starts to rust internally and eventually fails, batteries don't like it either, better being driven than constantly on a tender.

You can go on and on. Gaskets dry out and crack, wheel bearings dry out. Cars are machines and basically hate to be stood up (the 360 is an aging (gracefully) machine but it needs using so there is no way I would consider buying a car with less than 20k on these days. I actually consider a 360 with less miles a negative!

There are not many machines that's are nearly 2 decades old now that are expected to perform flawlessly after being stood up for months on end.

Driving them regularly is very good advise and a minimum of 30 minutes, the engine needs to be fully warmed up which doesn't happen just idling...

4. MD355

MD355 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    MD
    In the summer time I use mine 2-3 times in the evenings weekdays and weekends all day !!
    In the winter time I use it 1 time per week all day Sunday !! It takes too long to warm up for short distances and usually the weather is moist !!
    In both cases the car drives fine !!
    However, I agree when you drive it more often, the car feels more "ready" as opposed to rare use when the car feels "rusty" and needs some extensive warming up driving around slowly before you floor it !!

550nitis likes this.
  5. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    I drive mine as much as I can 1-2 x per week year round. They love it the more you drive them. Unfortunately it's the dichotomy of ownership, everyone wants an unused/new car when you buy it, but you like the reliability of a driven car.

6. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Have had my 360 for about a year now. 24K miles and I drive it 2 to 3x a week. It loves it and I return the love. Did I mention how much I love this car... :D

7. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I've had mine for a year and drove it a few times a week. That was mostly to try and work all of the bugs out of it. It was broken about half of the year, but I still put on almost 2,000 miles this season.

Sent from my SM-N950U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
  9. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
    When I lived in Upstate NY my Ferraris hibernated for 6 months out of the year (factor in salt on roads). Now that I'm in the south they get driven year round. YES! They run better when USED!

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  10. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Agreed on use - performance relationship! just got back from a 1 hr therapy session!

11. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Just read this and it is sooooo true I got mine 16 months ago and it had hardly been driven in 5 years its our first Ferrari so. no idea !! But after 16 months and 9000klm later and it shifts better feels smoother power delivery better, everything is better,yes things will wear but they last longer if the car is driven and I mean redline driven a few minuites during your drive every week .:)

12. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    All of the above is true. I’m on my 3rd 360 Spider Gated and obviously can’t get it out of my system. I also feel it’s one of the most beautiful designs Ferrari or any other car maker has produced. Go in your garage right now and look at it. The design cues from the side of the front fender that allow air to flow into the intakes at the rear are an example of artistic functionality. Timeless design in an automobile that is exciting to drive every time you get behind the wheel. Oh and drive it regularly please :)

KC360 FL likes this.
  13. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I've always said, "The more you use these cars, the better they get.... and the less trouble they are". Over the years I have had 308s, 348s, TR, F40, Mondial t and CS. They have all done DD, trips, track days, hillclimbs and the odd Home Depot run..... and they all had little to no problems.

I hated the FCA events where the chatter was about who had the lowest miles. Painful.

Orvis 360, KC360 FL, 360trev and 2 others like this.
  14. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I also drive mine as often as I possibly can. Able to put about 5k miles a year into her, which coincides nicely with the service intervals. I take her out several times a week, although not every trip is over 30 minutes long...

15. _JERRY_

_JERRY_ Karting

Feb 1, 2016
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jerry Ng
    a lil off-topic. My 430 is my daily drive to work and anywhere else. Maintenance has probably only been the servicing and nails in the tyres every now and then, but man, the petrol bill is a pain lol! Thing drinks more petrol than i drink water.

16. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    I completely agree! And I have to admit that I am guilty of a dry salty excursion whenever the roads are clear in the winter. As much as I can, and still keep her clean. The new garage insulation will help year round.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files: