Official 308 GT4 Market Thread | Page 119 | FerrariChat

Official 308 GT4 Market Thread

Discussion in '308/328' started by guygowrie, May 2, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. miahshodan

miahshodan Karting

Feb 25, 2016
    West Jordan, UT
    I bought the car. A friend of mine looked at it forme since I am in Utah and he has more Ferrari experience. I like that Anthony didn't appear to be trying to hide anything. I think it was a good buy, but time will tell. I was surprised there wasn't more local interest since it is a pre-smog car. I suspect it would have helped if he had linked that video posted above with the ad. Looking forward to bringing the card back soon.

absostone and skullyspice like this.
  2. skullyspice

skullyspice Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2013
    L A
    Full Name:
    erik
    congrats! looks like a great deal.

3. Ian Bishop

Ian Bishop Karting

Dec 3, 2017
    Met a new GT4 owner today and was pleased to learn first hand today of his 308GT4 being purchased at an agreed to $115,000 US. It was a high quality restored car, but reaffirms to me that the market is there for good quality cars. For the privacy of the buyer and seller enough said, but thought this group would like to know where the market is moving to.

4. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Great to know. Any pics?

5. Ian Bishop

Ian Bishop Karting

Dec 3, 2017
    The car is still in transit...

6. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    All I respect the buyers privacy. Was just wanting to compare it to my car.
    And btw check our the YouTube video Drivers Only on the Gt4. If u haven’t already. Part2 coming soon. Finally a real review of the Gt4

sltillim likes this.
  7. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  8. skullyspice

skullyspice Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 18, 2013
    L A
    Full Name:
    erik
  9. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  10. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    it looks like a good candidate for someone looking to get into a GT4 and can reinstall the fezza motor. I just can't imagine what anyone buyer would do. As a wrx and gt4 owner, there is nothing like the sound of the V8 - even if the wrx is a faster. Finding someone to take this is going to have its challenges. The rest of the of the car seems to be in great condition and pretty complete. I'd say 15-20K all day... not 40.

11. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  12. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    So no more thoughts on the subarrari?
    What is it really worth?

13. oelboxer

oelboxer Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Matt Wright
    I’d put the value of that Subarri exactly at the value of a decent GT4 with no engine. While it’s great that it’s drivable as is, the car with Subaru engine is only entertainment until you get a proper engine back in. With the cost of that job, plus the fact that the car will never be matching numbers, I can see why nobody has bitten yet.

14. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    yes I agree and the car has been lowered 6k? in a week? I ve spoke with the seller and he seams like a genuine guy . I asked him why he didn't put a Ferrari engine in it ,,,and he replied saying it was to expensive. Which we all know that. Hence the price he listed and has listed currently is over the top

15. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    BTW what is your value without engine? I know what that price is to me. That would star a bidding war with most GT4 owners. But I still see his point that with the non correct engine it is a running driveable car. maybe ill pull my motor out and do the same and drive 7 months out of the year in Chicago !!!

16. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
  17. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
  18. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    goodluck guy. That's an interesting access panel on the counsel next to the radio

19. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    thank you. If you are looking at the central console from the drivers side, then its the mark left from a CB radio many years ago, probably the handset mount! Would be cool to refit one!

Patrick Dixon likes this.
  20. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    10/4 good buddy! lol

21. PeteyDaddy

PeteyDaddy Karting

May 25, 2017
  22. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    Dom likes this.
  23. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Yep, that’s mine.

I’ve enlisted the help of a friend of mine to help sell it, and he created the website and the ads. I recently took a job that has me flying out to NorCal every week, so I just dont have the time anymore.

I’ve babied this car for over 15 years and 20,000 miles, but its time for the next guy to drive it.

If anyone is interested, let me know. Lets make a deal, especially for an F-chatter.

24. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    GLWS Dom. Your car is very nice and well maintained. Just have to hold out for the right buyer!
    Joe

Dom and The Kook Abides like this.
  25. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    dinogt4guy and NoGoSlow like this.