For Sale - 1984 Euro (German) 308 QV | FerrariChat

For Sale 1984 Euro (German) 308 QV

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Owens84QV, Oct 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    1984 (build October 1983) Euro-spec / German 308 Quattrovalvole – Red / Tan
    ZFFLA13B000048345
    3-owner car with 59,307 miles / 90,000km

Asking $84,000

I purchased the car in October 2001 and 17 years later, it’s time to entrust her in the hands of another owner.

I’m sure I’ve overlooked some details, so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

o Two (2) full 3-ring binders of all ownership and maintenance records back to original owner, including the cars’ US Federalization, and, German registration dating back to 1983.
    o The interior is all original and has never been re-dyed
    o The car retains its original factory-ordered black leather dash
    o Upgraded to Birdman fusebox when I purchased the car
    o AC is functional, just not charged. It was purged when I did the last full-service in 2012.
    o A Personal alcantera steering wheel is currently fitted to the car. The original Momo steering wheel is packaged for safe keeping and obviously comes with the car.
    o In the pursuit of originality, a radio-delete plate was installed in 2016
    o 16” OEM factory wheels (refinished) + original set of TRX 390 wheels
    o Comes with the 105 Dino spare wheel which is in great condition

Interior: The interior is in good condition for a vehicle of this age. Three blemishes should be called out however. (1) The piping on the driver's seat [top left corner] is showing as well as the piping on the passenger seat near the seat-belt mechanism. (2) The leather dash has shrunk and pulled away from the kidney vents on both sides. Since the leather is original to the car, I’ve been unsure on how to best handle this issue. (3) The previous owner installed speakers behind the headrests which leaves small mounting holes in the fabric. This has been on the list to repair, but I just haven’t been able to get to it.

The aftermarket stereo was removed and replaced with a radio-delete plate.

Overall, the interior is in good condition. The carpets are original and in very good condition. The original steering wheel is in great condition which I’ve removed and stored to ensure it stays in its current condition. All gauge crystals are clear as expected; the clock lens is hazy as are most which haven’t been replaced.

Exterior: The paint is in overall very good condition for its age. There are several areas of the car which have been repainted: (1) by previous owner - near windshield, you can see some overspray / masking. (2) during my ownership - the rear bonnet was repaired and repainted when someone backed into the car in a parking lot. While this was being repaired, I had the front spoiler and underside also repainted.

The mesh coverings over the oil cooler and airbox intakes (required by the German government) are in excellent condition and original to the car.

The fiberglass bumpers, front & rear, are in very good condition. They’ve been removed, cleaned, and reinstalled.

Mechanical: The car starts right up and idles steady @~900RPM. A fresh battery was installed early October. The car shifts through the gears smoothly. All lights (headlights, taillights, turn signals, parking lights and door lights) function as they should. The windows work well, but sometimes are a little slow if the car hasn’t been used / driven in a while.

Recent Services (within last 2-3 years)

- (2012) Full service with all seals, cambelts, tensioner bearing, plugs, gaskets, etc. Approximately 3200 miles have been logged since this service. I’m working to complete another service as this is posted.
    - (2018) New battery
    - (2018) Cooling system hose R&R
    - (12/2017) Gearbox fluid replaced
    - (2017) New Continental ExtremeContact Sport tires (~400 miles since new)
    - (2017) Refinished wheels
    - (2017) New tie rod ends & alignment
    - (2015) Original Koni’s shipped to Truchoice for new seals & rebuild

Comes with…

- 3 sets of keys + Ferrari keyfobs
    - Original Nieman ignition key
    - Original pouch & all books / manuals / cards
    - Complete tool kit + spark plug swivel socket
    - Complete jack kit
    - Original fuel cap
    - Targa roof vinyl cover
    - Emergency light & bag
    - Copies of Euro Owner’s Manual, Spare Parts Catalog, and Workshop Manual
    - Reflective triangle & case
    - Battery strap
    - All electronic files of maintenance & ownership records and pictures

Spare Parts & Tools

- Baldwin B253 Oil Filters (4)
    - Oil & gearbox fluid copper crush washers (8)
    - Fuel Filter (1)
    - Spare Euro muffler
    - Original TRX 390 wheels (4)
    - Window felt (New!)
    - Used tie-rod ends (pair)
    - Used euro coils (pair)
    - Windshield wiper arms (pair)
    - Timing cables / sensors (3)
    - Original rubber brake lines (removed when I upgraded to Goodridge)
    - Used Rear decklid struts (pair)
    - Spark plug cables (originals - full set)
    - Brand New license plate lamp covers (pair)
    - (tool) Steering wheel nut 4-prong socket
    - (tool) Drop-down gear nut 4-prong socket
    - Spare fuses and relays
    - Many other parts
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

4re308 and crinoid like this.
  2. kylefromidaho

kylefromidaho Karting

Apr 13, 2017
    Boise Idaho
    Good luck with the sale. I hope mine sells next week!

3. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Kyle...thank you! I hope you get your sale!

4. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    As I mentioned above in my original post, I have all of the cars records back to BEFORE the 1st owner took possession.

This includes (among many documents) a copy of the original hand-written order + a typed & original signed version, the original signed order from the German dealer who ordered the car (Alfa Auto Wessels in Germany), the German Registration, and the original signed US Federalization letter from Ron Spangler @ Prancing Horse Farms.

Ron also did some of the cars early service work as well.

Please let me know what questions you may have!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
  6. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Incredible documentation and incredible car!

7. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Mitch...she truly is, and thank you! Very few cars have all the pre-ownership records to before the car was ever delivered...this Italian lady does. I have every single maintenance record since the very first service @ Prancing Horse Farms, Ron Spangler's shop.

For a prospective buyer, I created a list of all the spare parts, documents (brochures), and other tools which come with the car. The list was massive! The buyer will need an SUV to carry much of the stuff. I will post here if anyone is interested.

I'm open to reasonable offers and realize winter is not the ideal time to sell a car.

I'm also not in a hurry. Cheers and thank you again for your comments!

8. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Reduced to $79,900. I'm open to reasonable offers.

Please let me know if there's any pictures you want me to post, or, if anyone has questions.

9. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Beautiful car! If you still have her in 2 months time, I could well be interested!

10. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    My Italian lady has been sold as of this afternoon...a very bittersweet day. I am very happy though that the new owner is a true fan of Ferrari and is thrilled to be the next caretaker of my 308...and, he only lives 10 minutes away. Cheers everyone!

4re308 and rob like this.
  11. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Congrats

Owens84QV likes this.
  12. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
  13. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    My car was missing the original euro manual. But, my car was an Oct 1983 build so a 1983 manual suits well. And, I’ve rarely seen a euro QV manual for sale...so I snagged it.

Greg

miketuason likes this.
  14. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Fair enough:)

15. Quasimotor

Quasimotor Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Full Name:
    George Avgerakis
    I own the exact same model with a SN just 588 above yours! Did yours have the black wire mesh inserts in the rear fender air inlet holes? Is this the original front spoiler (mine too looks more like a US spoiler - not the big deep extension you see on most Euros). You should also note the extra HP on Euros. If you want to pass this message to the new owner, I'd like to establish a dialogue. Many thanks!

16. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    George...yes, mine had the original black mesh screens in both air intakes as well as the shallow front spoiler. Ironically, the person who purchased mine lives ~ 8 miles from me.

About 15 years ago, FCA had a track event @ Watkins Glen. While there, I spied another euro 308 (Silver), looked at the VIN, and it was THE car (48343) in front of mine on the assembly line. I’ve been friends with that owner ever since.