Dinoplex Ignition Documentation | FerrariChat

Dinoplex Ignition Documentation

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by alhbln, Dec 17, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    I am close to have all the documentation bits online on www.dinoplex.org for the different ignitions in the Dinoplex family. I've started this projects some years ago as there was virtually no documentation available for these ignitions at that time.
    Please let me know what you're missing or what i could do better in terms of structure or documentation, as this only works out as intended if it helps you with any issue getting a Dinoplex setup up and running.

Thanks,
    Adrian

2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Adrian- Wow, that is great stuff. Must have taken you a long time to assemble all that data. Fine job.

3. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    Impressive

4. MiuraP400

MiuraP400 Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2008
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I see you made a number of recent updates. Just wanted to say Thank you. Your web page is my go to source for these ignition units. Great job.

Since I have an AEC104B780 ignition box that cuts out at 5000 RPM I would be interested in the wiring diagram for the rev limiter. If you are looking for suggestions on what to add next. More than likely I will fix it with an MSD unit per your instructions, but it would be nice to fix the original box.

Thanks again
    Cheers Jim

5. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Ok, rev limiter is on the list! If you also need the diagrams for the Countachs Air Injection and Fuel Pump RPM switches, shoot me a mail.

6. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Beautiful work. This will contribute to the survival of theses old transistor type units. Are there any sources for the transformer in a Dinoplex C AEC 101 C/D/E unit?

Peter

7. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    #7 alhbln, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes, i have a transformer workshop who can build them after my specifications. I can mail you the address if you want to buy one. See below for the original transformer on the left and the new one on the right. I also have a transformer spec sheet on my to do list for the website, so if you have a transformer workshop in your area then they should be able to create a new one for you based on the spec sheet.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Adrian- Even more impressive as I went through all you have on the site. I bought a 1970 Fiat Dino 2400 GT in 1980 that was missing the Dinoplex. Installed an MSD unit with tach output and was amazed at how much smoother the car ran than just on points. Tach worked fine, too. So long ago I do not remember what MSD unit that was.

9. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Terry, thank you! Indeed, the Dino V6 engine does not run that well with a standard points ignition so i guess most of the owners of an early series Fiat Dino without a Dinoplex have upgraded by now :)

10. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Jim, i've added the connector/wiring information to the AEC104B660/780 diagram and uploaded a diagram of the Rev limiter including the calibration procedure.

http://www.dinoplex.org/#Dinoplex_AEC104

Adrian

11. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares

Where can I get the tachometer electronics?
    http://www.dinoplex.org/tachoconversion/index.html

12. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian