Vacuum Recommendation | FerrariChat

Vacuum Recommendation

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by ag512bbi, Nov 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I need a powerful car vac. Preferably a hand held version for my car. Any Recommendations would be appreciated.

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I just use my Dyson V6. you can eliminate the stick and get a mini vac with a good agitator.

3. flat-12

flat-12 Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2011
    Germany
    I bought the Fein Dustex 25 or 35 some months ago - in America they call it Turbo I.

High quality vac with great pricing - I use the vacuum for cleaning the garage and cars.
    Important for me, very low volume, so you can hear music while cleaning the car; 4 meter hose for cleaning all spots of the interieur without hitting the car with the vacuum. And great suction power!

At first I looked for a hand held version but ended up with a classic vacuum ...

4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    The Dyson above is a really good unit. I asked for one for Xmas so I will stop stealing the one from the house. I am seriously considering a wall mounted industrial type one but I need to do some research before pulling the trigger on that.

5. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

6. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I don't see how a 500W, 0.75hp unit can effectively blow dry a whole car after washing. I use a 6.5hp detachable shop vac blower and it still takes a while to complete. Looks like that unit is much better for interiors and looks well made.

7. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

docf likes this.
  8. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
  9. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Just did!

10. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
  11. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    The Master Blaster is great and you will enjoy it. I have had mine for close to 10 years and use it often. Two tips, don't pull it around by the hose, you can damage the slip coupling (I had to replace mine early on) and second you need a good power circuit because those two motors draw a lot of juice. In two homes that I have had since purchasing the unit I had to install a dedicated 20 amp circuit to avoid having to continually reset a standard 15 amp line.

VDTGURU likes this.
  12. Dougster

Dougster Karting

Feb 28, 2013
    Dallas TX Area
    Does anyone have the Metrovac B3-Cd (4hp model)? I only have a 15 amp circuit available. I’d appreciate any feedback!

13. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    Don't let the 15 amp only circuit keep you from getting the bigger unit, it is still worth it even if you have to occasionally reset the breaker. Usually when mine would trip I would reset it and I was good to go in finishing the drying. If my memory is correct I think the big unit is rated at 13 amp draw with both motors running (they are individually switched) so it is close to max for a 15 amp circuit. You will just have to make sure there is nothing else drawing that circuit while using it. Good luck in your decision.

Kevin Rev'n likes this.
  14. Dougster

Dougster Karting

Feb 28, 2013
    Dallas TX Area
    Well I ended up putting in a 20 amp circuit over the Christmas break and the Master Blaster is supposed to be delivered today. Now I just need a nice day to try it out!

15. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
  16. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    ...and, how is it?

17. Chadwick Ferrari

Dec 22, 2017
    Full Name:
    Chadwick
    I use the Air Force Sidekick on the cars and it works great. Perfect for the wheels, seams, behind the mirrors, etc on the 458.

I usually just get the bulk of the water off and then dry the remainder with a microfiber.

18. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    WOW, just looked on Amazon and that unit is 1100-1400 USD, that is some expensive hoovering. I use the $50 home depot unit LOL

19. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

docf likes this.
  20. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Looks nice, has nice features, but unfortunately made in China. Metro vac-air force is made in the US & price difference between their top lines are comparable. Had I not purchased my Air Force recently might have given it a whirl.

21. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Air Force Blaster--You get what you pay for! Love it! Work's efficiently, saves time, extremely satisfied with results, no issues going around entire car with extension, no issues with 15amp breaker & operation with 2 blowers.

22. sandreb

sandreb Karting

Feb 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sander B.
    I'm very pleased with my Black & Decker Flex. It is cordless and powerful.

23. ncjetskier

ncjetskier Formula 3

Jul 7, 2012
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Are there any other battery powered vacuums that are good?

24. Dougster

Dougster Karting

Feb 28, 2013
    Dallas TX Area
    Finally had a nice warm day today for bath time for my 430 and got to use the Master Blaster. It is amazing!! Blew water out of all the nooks and crannies - even a few that obviously needed some cleaning...

And dried my Challenge wheels fast - that was always an issue before even with a leaf blower. Came in handy under the hood as well.

It may have taken a little longer than I expected (maybe 15-20 minutes to get everything dry?), but the results were fantastic and I am glad I decided to get this instead of one of the smaller models.

Probably the biggest change/improvement to my detailing world since the Turtle Wax days!!