new mac on dec 8th? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

new mac on dec 8th?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by 95spiderman, Nov 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Because there is a lot more $$ floating around than 10 years ago, more demand, more options. Makes the world go around and we all win.

F2003-GA likes this.
  2. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Base price of spiders is higher. Production numbers differ. Ignoring those items, the depreciation percentage of each versions MSRP is fairly similar.

3. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Looks like it will have buttresses like the 570S.

4. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I received the same notice, it will be shown at the annual ball. For us potential 720s buyers, this is good news, it will give all the current owners an opportunity to trade in their coupes and of course all those cars coming off lease will flood the market with great deals. I bought a new 2013 12C Spider, took a $100K haircut when I sold it two years later...fool me once, not again, I can wait and there will soon be plenty of low miles, well spec'd cars in the next 6 months. Reminds me of the "fake" Aston-Martin ad that went viral a few years ago.

MB

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Kirillos, F2003-GA and 95spiderman like this.
  5. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #30 IPO1, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    And you can wait 6 months after and they (and all cars) will be cheaper. If you buy in 6 months some one else will say you are stupid and should wait another 6 months...and it goes on and on.

Plenty of 488 owners that paid sticker lost $100K years later...yep, but they probably knew that going in.

Buying ANY car new or used comes down to buying right. I know people that pay sticker for new cars and lose their a$$ of course. But I also know people that have no clue how to buy used exotics right and lose their a$$.

All exotics (with VERY few exceptions) you will lose money. Way of the world. No new news. Buy and enjoy and if you worry too much may not be for you.

Gh21631 and SoCal to az like this.
  6. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Depends on if you want a custom spec that's special, or if you like a lot of normal colors and the common stuff. I would never buy new again unless I wanted custom paint. To me, it works out like this: You can save a ton of money and drive every car just as long as everyone else by buying used a year or two. The only difference between driving it years 2-6 and 1-4 is that you're not the first one on the block with the new toy. At the end of your life, you'll have likely driven all the same cars for the same amount of time as the guy who always buys new on day 1, and you will have saved a **** load of money. You'll experience it exactly the same as if you bought it new on day 1.

So unless you want a crazy custom color, buy used. Funny thing about custom specs though is that there is no best spec. You'll eventually get used to your spec and see someone else's that on that one day, in that one location, it just looks better than your car. No car looks the best everywhere, all the time. You might like red, but I guarantee there is a blue or a black out there with some wheels, and some brake color that looks amazing and you think "Man, that car looks amazing, I wouldn't mind having that. Should I get my next car like that?"

I think you'd really have to evaluate your life if you found you could only be happy with a single, very particular spec car...

F456 V12 likes this.
  7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    my worry about used exotics is if it was a rental, flood damage, unreported crash repair paid w cash, odometer tampering, etc.

8. F456 V12

F456 V12 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2004
    Coto de Caza
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I have never purchased a new or used exotic with the belief I would make money or lose very little. I bought the Mclaren knowing full well what I was getting into and enjoyed every second behind the wheel. My point is, what noone1 stated so well is, I can have this same fun with a 2-3 year old car that I can with a brand new car of the same model, just significantly less money and much further down the depreciation curve. I am glad there are people who want the latest and greatest and are willing to pay list or over, just makes for good buying opportunities for the rest of us and please keep the miles down and service up to date :)

MB

frefan likes this.
  9. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Yep. Its with all brands TBH. 675LT still my fav mclaren. I do miss my 2010 12c though. Shoulda kept that one.

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    675LT over P1?

11. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I can firmly say I do not miss my 12C. I will gladly buy one and swap with you for the 675 or P1 every other week ;)

frefan likes this.
  12. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    I had the 2012 12c with the swipe doors which worked for me only and nobody else. I was like a friggin magician at C&C, people would take turns at swipe swipe swipe and nothing would ever happen. Then I swipe once and presto, door opens! it was hilarous. Had a lot of fun with that car, drove it 20k miles. I never locked it and left the key in it most times.

13. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I never had a problem with the swipe either. They worked everytime, but some people just sucked at doing it.

14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    were you hoping someone would steal it? :)

15. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I can't make the launch on Dec 8th :( I am really hoping the 720 spider will look slightly different than the 570 roof line. Although I love my 570 spider gotta tell you I almost prefer it with roof up simply because the lines flow better. With roof up looks sleek and mean, roof down something is taken away, still looks incredible but not as sleek almost shortens the look of the car.

If it is the same on the 720 then my choice will be a coupe with gorilla glass.

16. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    When is the reveal?

17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    oh yeah forgot about this. isn't it early evening in woking now?

18. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Here it is. As expected. A 720 with a glass roof, like all modern Spiders. Nothing terribly out of the ordinary as far as McLaren Spiders go. Weighs 49kg more.

Gh21631 likes this.
  19. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    love the car but not the video! can barely tell what its like w all the shadows, etc. still butterfly doors i guess but not the door cut outs on roof. its the one to have but it does look more like 570 spider than the coupes do to each other.

20. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    It looks great but not sure I will switch from my coupe. I may spec one for kicks.

21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    im a coupe fan to begin with but this is exactly what I thought it would look like.....just like a 570 spider. nothing too exciting for me.

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Same but sometimes I get bored and the freaking LT is still 2 years out. My Urus cant get here fast enough - I need a fix.

23. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m good for a bit. Early 2020 I’ll swap out my 488 for something else. 2021ish I’ll pick up an LT.

24. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    This will at least give you a better side view.

25. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    of2worlds likes this.