570s any issues? | FerrariChat

570s any issues?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by bocaf430, Dec 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I am thinking of selling my F430 for a 570s coupe or spider, but I recently heard someone saying how their friend had or has a 570s and he is always having issues with it... my f430 has been rock solid... don't want to get into something that ha problems, unreliable..etc .... Has anyone here hat has a 570s had any issue's?
    thanks

2. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    People have issues with all cars--some big some small. They are cars.

The newer model years seem fine. Yes, it's British it has some quirks (so I hear), but so do those Italian cars...all cars.

If you are looking for a perfect car, take the bus. Don't get to wrapped into one person having an issue here or there. My friend has owned 3 macs and loves them. Little niggle British electronic stuff that sorts itself out...other than that he has had zero issues (including his 720).

Go buy the darn thing and enjoy it!!!

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    A 720 owner for about 5ish weeks with zero issues to report.

Another friend has had a 720 for about 11 months with no issues.

And yet another friend with a 720 for 5 months with no issues.

And the 570 is the older model so should be even better.

IPO1 likes this.
  4. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
  5. Doctor Mark

Doctor Mark Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2005
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark Gronsbell
    Have had a 570S for about 6 months. I bought used. I have had a few issues but they were door latch issues and a fuel vent hose. They were all fixed without major drama and the dealer experience was quite good. However, I am spoiled by the quality of the service staff at Ferrari of Atlanta. Overall I love the 570S but the factory support and parts availability are less robust than with Ferrari. Hopefully with time they will all improve. Mac makes some great products.

6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Buy the newest model you can. I have heard of cars with problems and others with none. No different than other mnfrs. The dealer in Palm Beach is decent, my buddy takes his 570 there so you should be in good hands locally.

7. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Haven't heard of much, but if you live near a dealer, you'll be fine. The real reliability issues revolve mainly around distance from dealers. Parts availability isn't terrible, but not as good as others. Worst case is that you'd probably be able to take your car home while you wait for parts to arrive if the issue was minor.

8. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    thanks guys

9. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I've had a 570 for 6 months and it has only had a door latch go bad. Great car..... if you don't mind a little attention! :)

10. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    Had my 570 since May, it as been fantastic, no major issues at least nothing serious to worry about. I always read ppl loosing their minds over the silliest of things like the window regulator when you close the door 1 time out of 100 it might go down instead of up, no big deal get in the car roll window back up works great again.

The other is the curtesy seat adjustment when you get in or out of car, using the paddle on the steering columb works half of the time, solution always press and hold your memory button like the old days and voila problem solved.

Besides tiny issues as all cars will have this has been the best car I have ever owned.

IPO1 likes this.
  11. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Yeah those soft close door latches (made by tesla) were a common problem

12. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    from what I understand the latest version are not problematic.

13. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    new ones work totally fine, no problems for a year now. The problem withe the old ones, was they didnt like being slammed. Cuz in the 12c you just always had to slam the door. If you got old soft close latches, dont slam the door. Better yet just get the replaced with updated latches or just go back to manual latches they work fine and dont break.

14. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    18 months nothing to worry about. Couple silly things as previously mentioned- window regulator, comfort access. Will add - have to reset radio every 100th drive - hold button for 10 seconds, done.

Car is insanity performance for price. Looks are subjective, but I think it is a stunner. Parked my car next to a brand new 488GTB at Cars and Coffee- the crowd agrees with me.

15. openwyder

openwyder Rookie

Dec 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jun Angeles
    I came from F430 to 570s, 3 months- no problem. I’m falling in love with this car!

I dropped my key and it broke in pieces (my bad). McLaren of NPB replaced both keys with new ones. Dealer support is awesome.

16. aaronrgonz

aaronrgonz Karting
    Miami 2018

Apr 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Aaron Gonzales
    Change is never a bad thing!

17. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I too went from an F430 to the 570S, and could not be more pleased. I have an early car, coming up on three years in Feb, 11k miles. No real issues, windshield replaced after a stress fracture, minor coolant leak, both replaced under warranty, and that's pretty much it. My local dealer (McLaren SF in Palo Alto) is tremendous, sales and service staff both are first rate. The difference in the cars is stark, the Mac is much much quicker, the chassis dynamics superb (very Lotus-like), you will not regret the move up.

18. openwyder

openwyder Rookie

Dec 18, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jun Angeles
    #18 openwyder, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2022
    David Lopez and aaronrgonz like this.
  19. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I am so much happier with the dealer/ownership experience. After 30 years of being treated like Ferrari were doing me a favor by allowing me to spend stupid money for a car, I am now treated like a valued customer (with arguably a better product). And don't get me started on the FCA. They need to change their motto to "The FCA... you come for the cars and leave because of the people"! :)

sainthoo likes this.
  20. Edward

Edward Rookie

Sep 3, 2007

21. Edward

Edward Rookie

Sep 3, 2007
    I have a 2019 570S Spider with no major issues. Just minor things that Dealer fixed. No more of less than my experience with other cars from other brands at this level.

wildkalabaw likes this.