Potentially adding a 720 to my garage | Page 25 | FerrariChat

Potentially adding a 720 to my garage

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by SoCal to az, Sep 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Getting what I want . Besides the spider is on the way so why not order that and get it how I want ? Our deal will finish this week. So talked with the seller (Private party) and he agreed to hold the car till I’m finished so made sense for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Btw P1 is plan for summer 19.....

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  3. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Nice, I would only get one with the Goldrake seats. The std seats look like a couch. Congrats

SoCal to az likes this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    IPO1 likes this.
  5. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Jo Sta7 and IPO1 like this.
  6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Totally agree. I really like the goldrake seats.

LandandcarsAZ likes this.
  7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m a bit confused as to what you ended up doing? Got a gtb to ride you over till the 720 spider comes?

8. LandandcarsAZ

LandandcarsAZ Karting

Jun 14, 2018
    Scottsdale AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Correct!

SoCal to az likes this.
  9. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I've actually entertained doing the exact same. BUT, for me dealers will not cut loose on 720 spider pricing until extras are sitting on their lots which will not happen until late summer. Will continue to entertain a coupe as I don't see myself waiting another 9-10 mo for spider.

Was offered insane GTB deal yesterday I'm pondering, but trying to stay focused on 720. This time of year the deals fall out of sky, and hard for me to stay focused.

Look forward to more pics of your new ride.

10. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Mind elaborating? I’m considering looking for a GTB and wondering how much I can push.

11. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #611 IPO1, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Push as hard as you can--all about timing.

2017 in the $240's (2500 miles range) and decent spec (no Goldrakes of course). Just have to hunt...'tis the season for deals.

You know the routine--what cars are listed for is not what people will take. Happy hunting.

12. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
    What was your insane deal?

13. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Insane may not be right term--just getting more calls from my dealer network as winter hits with silly pricing across brands. Post above on GTB was example--if asking $240, they might go $230--if I'm seriously wanting it I'll push. Right now too many choices.

My point was more about waiting on 720 spider. YMMV.

Surfah likes this.
  14. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017

Good grief. What happened? Care to elaborate? My interactions (albeit limited compared to most on the board with a nationwide hunt for used F12 that I ultimately acquired in July 2017, to a nationwide hunt for a used Huracan that morphed into a new Performante purchase in Dec 12, and currently waiting for my new 812 that I ordered last fall) all ranged from positive to strongly positive.

Additionally, I wanted a Pista and was offered an allocation, and while I strongly considered it, I declined for two reasons, the relatively high MSRP for a decent spec, and the Portofino purchase that was a condition (nice car but didn’t need it or the $50,000 loss that would have accompanied it). I was not offended by the Portofino obligation, rather I get the economics of it. What’s more, I recognize that I am relatively new to this and have not yet reached a “favored nations” status. Maybe I will someday, maybe I won’t.

The reason I ask is I am starting the process of talking myself into adding a 720S to the fleet. Indeed, you might have noticed my earlier post about current 720S market pricing, but probably not, as that thread garnered almost no attention. I am just looking for info on what might make McLaren dealers different than the numerous Ferrari and Lamborghini dealers that I have dealt with over the last couple years.

15. Rosso Corsa Strada

Nov 11, 2018
    Oh I see. I thought you can typically negotiate 10k off what they are advertising in general on supercars (non-limited cars of course).

16. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #616 IPO1, Dec 2, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    My deal went south not because of the dealer, but because it was two car deal and other guy flaked, which impacted price. Which is fine, but back to square one when I thought deal was done. I've talked to every US dealer and as a whole, unless you are play close to full price (maybe 5-6% off), they treat you as though they are doing you a favor.

Had GM of Mac dealer yesterday tell me the reason I 'need' to pay full price is so I can have access to 'LE' cars that are upcoming. OH BOY, where have I heard that crap before. I laughed at him and let him know I could die tomorrow and pay full price for a 'allocation' in two years won't do me much good. Plus who knows if I even want some unknown car.

Like any brand some good, but mostly not impressed w/ US mac dealers. Again if you like spending full price (or close) they will love on you and treat you very well.

I had Performante on order (had great dealer I had bought from before), but decided time to dive into Mac and honestly I could not wait until April for delivery.

17. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    East coast McLaren dealers have always been the best to deal with, or so I've gathered over the years. Philly is always good on pricing, as is Dimmit in FL.

18. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I had a great experience at McLaren Houston and Scottsdale is treating me well, too.

I refuse to do the 'abuse from the dealer' BS. I had a chat with the Ferrari dealer once and said to him, "When you are selling overpriced crap that nobody really needs, the least you can do is not take advantage of them and treat them like a valued customer". No, LE cars for me...... BFD!

Jo Sta7 and SoCal to az like this.
  19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Any updates on the incoming cars?

20. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I'm out for now. Going to wait to see spider and revisit. Picked up my GT3RS today and it's filling the gaps for me as of now.

21. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Sterling has a very base car ~300K list that they will take a nice chunk off. They ordered thinking someone may want to customize or race so they kept it simple. It is a beautiful color (looks like some shade of white or gray). PM me if you want the details. Probably won lose much on it based on what they are willing to sell it for.

22. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    #622 IPO1, Dec 6, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    It's a horrible spec. Anyone who buys that is crazy IMHO. You can get a performance at a steal right now and at least have basic items.

This is all car has in it--not even a lift. And if you like a 4 speaker stereo maybe not a bad choice.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

If you're looking for a pure track car--grab it.

Lot's of choices out there for those wanting. Good luck to all.

23. chrisca

chrisca Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    What would you consider a steal....8-10% off msrp?? I just started the search for an in-stock 720s, I've been offered 6% off msrp on a new one, but I would like much more off (bought a 12c new back in the day and took a bath!)

I agree with you, that white one has a terrible spec. At a minimum, needs lift system.

24. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    If you buy something with 2-4K miles, you can get more than 10% off. New cars with a reasonable spec are 20-30k off.

25. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    Used you are seeing up to 18% (some high spec $377 car for $300)
    New dealers have 14% so just depends how good a negotiator you are--6% is not great. 9% minimum as that's invoice. Again, your negotiation skills dictate discount.

Good luck.