For Sale - 2003 Ferrari 360 Spider F1 Red | FerrariChat

For Sale 2003 Ferrari 360 Spider F1 Red

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by daviday, Oct 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    BRIAN PAUL and crinoid like this.
  2. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    #2 daviday, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    I've had a few guys contact me off of eBay but as of right now I haven't been able to close a deal. I will likely be re-listing the car later in the week or next week. I'm a little tied up during the week but can arrange for anyone serious to come view the car. It's located in Sea Cliff NY 11579.

2003 Ferrari 360 Spider
    43,000 miles
    F1 Transmission
    Rossa Corsa Red
    Tan Leather Interior w Daytona Seats
    18" Modular Wheels
    Scuderia Shields
    Tubi Exhaust
    Challenge Grill
    Carbon Fiber Airbox Covers
    Books and Luggage
    2 Key Fobs (red one included)

Service History
    3/11 @ 16,000 miles Belt Service
    4/14 @ 31,000 miles Belt Service
    Clutch, F1 Sensor and Oil
    6/18 @ 42,000 miles Float Valves
    7/18 New Battery
    Fluid Services as required through out ownership also, somewhere in between the last belt service and the float valve service the thermostat was replaced.

The only known issues with the car are the two small tears in the top and an exhaust leak (likely the headers), however, this has not caused a check engine light to come on. The car passed NYS inspection in June of 2018.

Ask is $67,000.

I've known this car since it's been owned by my friend. This was his baby but also something that enjoyed as the miles reflect.

Attached Files:

crinoid likes this.
  3. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

daviday,

Curious about the small tears on the roof. Do they allow water into the cabin, or is it cosmetic? Is it safe to say the headers are original, and weren't replaced when the Tubi system was installed?

Thanks!

4. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Hey. Thanks for your interest. I was coming here to bump this. The two tears are purely cosmetic, no water gets into the car. And the headers are the original factory headers that came on the car.

Also, on the passenger carbon airbox, there is no mark there. Pretty sure that's a strand from the cloth used to dry it.

5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Thanks daviday, a couple of more questions.

Where was the car maintained? I see Ferrari of LI is near the car's location, but I'm sure there are some good independent shops nearby.

I ran the Carfax and two questions popped. I'm sure the current owner asked about this, but there's a potential rollback towards the end of the previous owners ownership. I've heard from an acquaintance a while back that he had a similar issue with a Ferrari he was selling at his dealership, where someone messed up the mileage during an inspection. However, would like to hear from the seller if this person was given additional info from the prior seller.

Second question is regarding the failed emissions prior to the last inspection. Was that due to the aftermarket exhaust? Or is the header leak triggering this? The counties in Texas in which I spend time in, both have emissions requirements. I know this wouldn't be the only Ferrari in Texas with exhaust modifications, and I think there's a way to get by, but would like your thoughts.

Finally, is that a sticker of some sort on the front passenger side of the bumper? Has anything been repainted or repaired on the exterior?

Thanks!

6. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    The car was maintained at Universal Autosport. Unfortunately, I don't have any information regarding the potential rollback. The float valve issue was the cause of the failed emission test from what I understand. The car passed a NYS emissions test in June of this year and has since had no check engine light. And yes, that is a sticker on the front bumper. There has been no paint or body work done on the car.

Please, ask away. Thanks again for your interest.

VAF84 likes this.
  7. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Thanks for the response Davide. Going to think on that for a bit. To be honest, the odometer thing is weighing on me at the moment. I wouldn't call it a deal breaker yet, but something to consider.

One more thing regarding maintenance, does this vehicle have an accompanying file or binder with all of the receipts/records? I'm kind of hoping that the owner that had it for 11 years passed any info on to your buddy, in addition to whatever he may have. I'll get in touch with you to see about a PPI if I decide to continue moving forward.

8. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    To bump and clarify, my friend has owned this car since 2005/2006. If there are any transfers in title on the carfax from then until now, it was between him and his wife.

$67,000 open to offers

9. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Hi David, this might be a good beater for me to consider.

Has there been any compression test on the cylinders?
    Do you know what the current clutch remaining?
    Has there been any repairs to the front end ball-joints and bushings?

10. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Hi Haig - thanks for your interest. To my knowledge, a compression test has not been done and neither have any repairs to the front suspension. I will confirm. The owner is out of town but I've been trying to get the car back to Universal and get a reading on the clutch. Hopefully with in the next week or so.

11. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Bump. After speaking with a prospective buyer and the owner, the owner is willing to entertain offers pending a clean bill of health (reasonable clutch wear and compression test). In the interim I am still actively trying to coordinate and have this done. Will report back here with findings. Thanks fellas.

12. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    David, you are a good friend and hopefully appreciated. Good luck.

daviday likes this.
  13. dbow119

dbow119 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 18, 2015
    Amsterdam, NY
    Is this still available?

14. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Bump. This car is still available and will be going up on eBay again in the very near future. The owner will be in NY the first 10 days of May for anyone interested in coming to check it out. One thing I would like to clarify is the mark on the right side carbon airbox is, in fact, a scratch in the clear. Likely very easily fixed but worth noting.

Price $66,000

Phone calls preferred. +1917 773 8420

15. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Another bump before subjecting myself to eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Nothing wrong with a 40K mile Ferrari, especially at this price. Mine (2004 Spider) has over 40K and run's like a raped ape. Someone buy this car, you won't be disappointed. Hardly get a fully loaded Hyundai for this money! Cheers!

daviday likes this.
  17. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    Thank you Brett. I agree!

BrettC likes this.
  18. GordonF355

GordonF355 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    How well does a raped ape run? I don't know if that is good or bad...

19. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    probably bad for the ape

20. daviday

daviday Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Davide
    If the ape was bread to be raped, may it likes it?

I’ve been swamped as has the owner moving south but I just submit the car to BaT yesterday.

If anyone has any interest the car is still available and I brought it to do an oil change and inspection this week. Passed NYS emissions no problem. Still haven’t been able to coordinate for the clutch reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk