Retro Manual 12cyl Purchase | FerrariChat

Retro Manual 12cyl Purchase

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by HenryW, Dec 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HenryW

HenryW Rookie

Dec 3, 2018
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Henry Watel
    Hey there, I’m a new member here looking to find some solid advice on a purchase. I’m looking at getting a retro Ferrari with a manual trans and (preferably) a 12 cyl. Currently considering decent condition 550M and 512TR.
    What I’m looking to get out of it: I’ve been in love with the brand since I was a kid when my dad would pick me up from school in a black 308 GTSi, I would love to drive the car as much as possible without degrading the value, as I would love to own the car for a few years, keep up with it, and move on to something else. I’ve been examining the market trends for both the 550 and 512, and I’m at a loss. With the current retro trend booming I believe either would be a solid buy. Please leave me some feedback as I’d love to hear what you guys have to say.

Thanks,

Henry

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    365 GTB Daytona.

HenryW likes this.
  3. HenryW

HenryW Rookie

Dec 3, 2018
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Henry Watel
    Wish I could afford one! Talk about a dream car

4. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    NEITHER is wrong but I would suggest the 550 it really is a solid car that is relatively easy to maintain and is the last of the analog cars..... I have owned mine several years....great car...

HenryW likes this.
  5. HenryW

HenryW Rookie

Dec 3, 2018
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Henry Watel
    The thing is, there’s a great deal on a Testarossa monoposto about 20min from my house whereas I can’t find a 550 in my state for a price that has any money left to gain in it. I personally like the 550 more, but I’m not willing to shell out for shipping and out of state PPI and such. I’d like to sit in my vehicle before purchasing it.

Maybe I’ll just wait for a decent 550 in my area, what do you like about yours?