DFW - RIP Cars and Coffee Dallas 2009 - 2018 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

DFW RIP Cars and Coffee Dallas 2009 - 2018

Discussion in 'Texas' started by BlackBird007, Oct 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I don’t get it. I’ve seen plenty of 308/328’s there. Who’d you piss off ? Lol

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    The list is long! :) And it was a Veyron, not a Verona. Stupid spellcheck.

crinoid likes this.
  3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Per Jim's report I'm glad I didn't make the journey out there this morning, but since I drive an average Corvette but I might have gotten into the event complete with a prime parking spot.

Has Sir Richard Rawlings announced where the new location will be held? I can't imagine Gas Monkey Live due the traffic & congestion on Northwest Hwy.

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’m picturing the new “Cars & Coffee” to be more hot rod based. I don’t see many LaF owners wanting to drive their cars there.

5. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    My husband took my car. If he hadn't been a former employee who upper management let in, he wouldn't have gotten in either. In the beginning, the policy was supposed to be that no exotic would ever be denied. IMHO Classic is 100% responsible for the decline in that show. Also why I wasn't there. I can't deal with the stupidity.

Acacg and Texas Forever like this.
  6. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Looks like he officially took over just this past week and likely hasn't laid out any plans for his vision yet due so. I'm hearing it'll be a much smaller venue that will focus on quality. Probably his restaurant since it's hosted car shows.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    the restaurant isn't his though.

Acacg likes this.
  8. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Ah. I don’t know the details with that, just figured that’s where he’d try to host it since it has his brand name on it.

9. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  10. JLF

JLF Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2009
    Is that show still on tv? I wonder if it will end up like Orange County choppers.....once the show ends the money stops flowing and they start declaring bankruptcy.

11. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I think his marketing for the shop will keep him going if the show ends. He's managed to put his brand on tequila, an energy drink, Hotwheels toys, multiple restaurants, race car sponsors, etc. etc. I don't think Orange County went as far as he has, for better or worse. The fallout behind the father and son didn't help, either.

Funny enough, Discovery just brought O.C. back this year and had another season of it.

12. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Glad I never drove the Dino up there, would have sucked to be turned away! Similar issues plagued the C&C in the PNW. Must be a common thing with them?

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    You could always buy a V6 Challenger and rent some 23" rims. Good to go.....

dinogt4guy likes this.
  14. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    Lol!

15. Steven W

Steven W Rookie

Feb 6, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Steven Wayland
    I doubt Rawlings can get the job done.. it takes a ridiculous amount of work, time, and money to get this kind of stuff done. And I doubt after missing a few months, he will be able to pick up the scraps.
    Although there is hope!
    CARS AND COFFEE SOUTHLAKE had their first event on January 26th. And it was a huge success! Over 450 cars in the massive venue (dragon stadium). Loads of supercars and hypercars made a great inaugural appearance at the event. It takes place the last Saturday of every month, the next one is on February 23rd. 7:30-10:30AM.
    This could very well be the next big Cars and Coffee in Texas. No doubt in my mind.
    Not run by corporate, or any dealership. Completely new!

16. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    I believe your numbers are a little off. I was told by the organizer it was around 300 cars. What did you take up there?

17. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Steven W, crinoid and Texas Forever like this.
  18. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Should you correct your occupation since you and your father are both involved? I might suggest Co-organizer?

19. Steven W

Steven W Rookie

Feb 6, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Steven Wayland
    This is my organization. My own father was the one who told me it was impossible. He helped with the permits, insurance, and helped cover some expenses. it very grateful for him to help me with that, it would be hard without him. But I’m not old enough to sign the papers.

DonRinconi likes this.
  20. Steven W

Steven W Rookie

Feb 6, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Steven Wayland
    Yes, Minus vendors vehicles, and dealership cars. Plus cars we let through to help keep traffic moving.

crinoid likes this.
  21. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    No dog in this fight, but Richard Rawlings has built an empire. Pretty sure he has the resources to engage the "work, time and money to get this kind of stuff done". Your Dad had to front the money for you per your own admission. Richard could write a check.

My $.02, worth exactly what you paid for it but take a step back before you start throwing stones. You have a right to be proud of what you've built, but don't start questioning others because you've had one success. The BS meter with the local exotic owners is EXTREMELY sensitive.

Texas Forever and Chewys5 like this.
  22. Steven W

Steven W Rookie

Feb 6, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Steven Wayland
    #47 Steven W, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2019
    Agreed. I believe that with all of his resources, he would have got the event started by now. Mr. Rawlings is a brilliant man, I believe he’ll do something about it quick.

23. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Steven,

I would take the advice you have received today and let it sink in. You can easily destroy this event in Southlake before it ever gets off the ground. I would also recommend taking notes from people that have been in the car world. (For as long as you have been alive) Bad mouthing people that are more successful then you and that can potentially help your cause is never a good idea.

24. Steven W

Steven W Rookie

Feb 6, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Steven Wayland
    #49 Steven W, Feb 6, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2019
    I believe in that as well. That’s the main reason why Cars and Coffee Southlake exists. Thanks to Parkupfront and car clubs across dfw.

DonRinconi likes this.
  25. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R

Park up front is a joke and anyone serious in the car world knows that. I would not use that as a selling point.