Alfa Romeo Stelvio | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by that boy asad, Nov 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    2018 Europe Alfa Romeo Stelvio sales:-

January - 2315
    February - 2200
    March - 3690
    April - 2398
    May - 3189
    June - 3334
    July - 3374
    August - 2568
    Total: 23 068

2. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    I have a bright red stelvio ti sport with 20 inch rims and the sport seats and i love this thing. Great vehicle and in my opinion a good indicator of the leading wave of sport cuv s.

I really enjoy this as my family transport vehicle.

I fully expect in 2022 ev sport cuv s to be the leading sales products ...

As much as ill miss the alfa stevios fiesty turbo four...the writing is on the wall for battery electrics to rule this segment.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

NEP and jm2 like this.
  3. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I have to say that after driving GM products and Ferrari's for the last 45 years, the Stelvio has been a real surprise. 5K miles so far. Image Unavailable, Please Login

anunakki, JBsZ06, Makuono and 2 others like this.
  4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I saw 3 of them yesterday being test driven (dealer plates). Good sign!

NEP and jm2 like this.
  5. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    Close to 8K miles and loving it

jeffb99tx, JBsZ06, NEP and 1 other person like this.
  6. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    2018 USA Alfa Romeo Stelvio sales:-

January - 688
    February - 695
    March - 1270
    April - 702
    May - 1183
    June - 1231
    July - 1140
    August - 1271
    September - 864
    October - 902
    Total: 9946

7. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Although I saw a Stelvio at the LA auto show last year, I am now toying with the idea of owning one, so I went by the local dealer today. The have two 19's that just arrived. I only went by to look, and was not looking for a test drive. But the salesperson volunteered that a test drive would involve--a complete payment, an executed contract, then I could "test drive it". That kinda amounts to the drive home. From there, I went to the local Ferrari dealer to check out a GTC4 Lusso, and they were beating on me to test drive something (anything). Granted I have purchased several Ferraris, one Maserati, and one Lotus from the Ferrari dealer--but I find it amusing that people are throwing me keys to $275k used cars (or there new $350K demo) yet I can't drive a Stelvio Quadrafoglio. Given the comments about the brakes, I wouldn't buy one unless I could drive one. Not the best sales model (potentially) for a new Italian brand with reasonable concerns about reliability.

anunakki likes this.
  8. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I have heard that with a lot of these Alfa dealers. Test drive snobs?? I hate to say it but one way to fix this is on social media. I hate it but it works. Give the name of the dealer and bash them on Alfa Romeo's social media websites.

Boomhauer likes this.
  9. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    The thing is that I hate to bash the dealer--I think that any dealer is free to make a business decision, and I suspect they feel that these cars will sell, sell quickly, and sell for top dollar without allowing test drives. But that lasts until the next cool sporty SUV comes out. While I can forgive the dealer, I can't forgive FCA/Alfa US. I think to launch the brand they should be providing appropriate support for demo vehicle availability. At the BMW dealer I have purchased from I know I could walk in and get just about anything for a take home 24 hour drive.

One question the I haven't been able to sort out. The two reasons I want to test drive it are to evaluate the brake by wire system, and get a sense for the harshness of the suspension in some of the drive mode settings. Would a Ti be the same (just without the engine power)?

10. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I'm sorry but I think they missed the boat on the styling

11. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Boomhauer likes this.
  12. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Thats no problem - we all have our opinions

13. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

They should have figured by now that they are not selling fast at all. They are still a very rare sight here and i live 2 mi from the dealer. I have had similarly bad experiences at both Alfa dealers i have visited. One is no more and the other is the one i live close by (naperville). Total lack of interest in selling me a car when i showed up to test drive a Giulia. Dealership was still open for another hour but the sales woman told me that their demo was parked in the back. Ok then. I left her my email, asking for her to get back to me on one particular car she had on the lot (if it had android/apple play), never heard from her.
    It was the same nonchalant attitude with the 4c that i wanted to buy back when i lived in downtown Chicago. No demo car to test drive...a 4c..how else will you sell that car without a test drive??
    Porsche, BMW and even Bentley always offered a test drive to me even when they knew i was not in the market..

14. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I can’t believe how different my dealer experience was. Night and day different. They couldn’t do enough for me. Test drives and all.
    The dealers are usually the weakest link.

15. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    To me this is a bit of a chicken and an egg thing. Do the dealers not have stock because demand is huge, or do they not order because they are worried about getting stuck with inventory? And it they don't have inventory how do they stimulate demand?

16. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Well, it's OK to be WRONG. :)

Boomhauer likes this.
  17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Alfa dealers are "all over the place" when it comes to customer experience -- and that's not good.

And I have found that owning a Ferrari means ZIP to them when it comes to them paying more attention to you -- even if they are both sold in the same dealer.

jm2 likes this.
  18. CETH

CETH Karting

Nov 3, 2015
    Poland/France
    Have had my Stelvio QF for 6 months. No issue with the brake by wire. Suspension is sporty but still reasonably comfortable. The QF come with the “bumpy road mode” for the dynamic and race setting - very useful! Not sure the Ti has that mode though. Overall, a fantastic compact SUV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    No, my Stelvio doesn't have the bumpy road mode setting.
    But my 488 does! :)

tfazio and 635CSI like this.
  20. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

I spoke to other dealers in the Chicago land area and they were much better, at least through email. They were telling me to come in to test drive the car etc. But they were 45 miles from me so i knew i would have to deal with my dealer if i decided to buy an Alfa and i didnt feel like having to deal with people unwilling to work to sell me a car. Cant imagine what would it be if something under warranty would pop up...

jm2 likes this.
  21. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    Okay, trying the end run...it turns out on the Alfa website you can request a test drive. I'll see where that goes...

22. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    I'll be surprised if you ever hear anything... sadly...

We recently had to take our Giulia Ti Sport in for two recalls - a total nightmare to deal with the service department - yikes... Car is phenomenal, great product, but the service department felt like a total scam business - I get angry about the whole thing just writing this. I will not recommend this dealership to any more friends, etc. This is how Alfa will fail once again in the US. I blasted them in the online survey from Alfa, just to receive a survey reminder from Alfa 2 days later... lol... We are joking that they will keep sending reminders until they get a perfect review... The service department even had the audacity to send an email promising a free oil change for a perfect review... a bunch of clowns all around.

23. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    Sort of - you can soften the suspension by button on center console if you get the performance package on a Ti.

24. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I have nothing but good things to say about my local dealer sales and their service department and this from the back drop of where there was an issue and they had a good service recovery process. Examples:

Test drive? Which one sir? How about this one, this one and that one? No problem, let me get the cars out front, give me 10 minutes. (Drove all three, bought two.)

Car has the following needs....Okay, we'll have a Stelvio waiting for you on Monday at 8am.

Next visit, do you have a QF? The dealer principal has a Guilia QF... returned it 5 days later (spectacular, btw).

Unfortunately, it's down to the dealer in your area. If you are dissatisfied, I recommend contacting the owner and giving feedback on your experience. If you get blown off, take your business elsewhere, tell the manufacturer. Most times I find the dealer will take action and are really keen to ensure positive WOM. Our local BMW dealer didn't get the MINI brand back in the day as their CSAT scores weren't high enough.

jm2 likes this.
  25. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Yes it should be more sexy IMO