In need of a left tail light lens | FerrariChat

In need of a left tail light lens

Discussion in '308/328' started by McGyverNC, Nov 15, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. McGyverNC

McGyverNC Rookie

Nov 15, 2018
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Anthony A.
    My 1977 308-GT4 I bought a few years ago has a weird run down the outside round lens that can't be refinished. It is not only on the lens but outside to the edges also. It looks like an acid ate it and is ugly.
    I'm looking for a complete lens to replace it......HELP!

Any help is appreciated...........

2. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    ive seen them on ebay recently. or try gtcarparts in arizona

3. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    This is not an inexpensive part, but also not uncommon. Ebay, standard Ferrari parts sources, etc.

4. McGyverNC

McGyverNC Rookie

Nov 15, 2018
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Anthony A.
    Thanks for the suggestions given so far but........

Most on Ebay are the round lenses that are replaceable and I really need the complete lens itself
    maybe from a salvage parts car. The acid looking drip starts above the lens and drops down below the
    bottom of the lens itself. If nothing shows I may have to replace just the lens and then do some Dremel work
    with some clear epoxy afterwards to restore the gloss.

5. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    So do you mean the trapezoidal surround rather than the round lens? If they are like gold dust and expensive (like circa 1K dollars per side) . The round lenses are the same as on the Dino 246 and I think there are now aftermarket suppliers, but the surrounds only come from breakers. I anyone knows different then please tell me as I would like some replacements as mine are cracked in the corners where the securing bolts are. I have glued them but they are not perfect which annoys me and would like to replace them if at a sensible price.
    Surely now with GT4 prices rising someone will consider remanufacturing them. I've wondered if they are 3d printable.

6. McGyverNC

McGyverNC Rookie

Nov 15, 2018
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Anthony A.
    #6 McGyverNC, Dec 3, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
    That sounds like my problem exactly as the center round lens has the 'drip damage' straight down the middle of the lens. Lets hope that someone will notify us there are full lenses available, even if aftermarket. Mine is the ugliest sight on the rear of my 308 now! As there were so many 308s built there should be a source somewhere out there.

7. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    Could you add a picture or two?
    /Peter

8. Olliecampbell

Olliecampbell Rookie

Jul 16, 2011
    Hertfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ollie Campbell
    I may be able to help, I've got a 3D printer, do you have any photos showing the bits you need and I'll see what to do? I can't promise anything though!

9. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Yes, pictures of the broken part in question would be good. I'm not quite clear on what you're wanting to source and replace.

10. DinoParts, Stefan

Sponsor

Mar 1, 2015
    Eschwege, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefan Kratzer
  11. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Those are euro tail lights. Nice.

12. Ben Pratt

Ben Pratt Rookie

Sep 9, 2018
    Los Angeles
    Do the Euro lights have the amber lens, whereas US models have three red lenses? I'm looking for the "chrome" frame the entire unit sits in because the fake chrome is flaking off. Do you like https://www.ricambiamerica.com for parts?

13. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ricambi is usually the first call I make when I need a part. They aren't always the cheapest, but I've always had a perfect experience - and for that (plus very fast delivery) - I'll pay a premium.

14. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yes the euro had the amber. The chrome edge is connected to the red flat surface iirc. The round lights are a separate piece

15. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Picked up the rear clip of a GT 4 a few years ago and thought it would make great garage art! You know, tail lights illuminated hanging on the wall. That was until I priced tail lights and they were asking $2000 apiece. :(

16. trickyricky308

Jun 18, 2009
    England
    Full Name:
    Richard Stafford
    I think I have a tail light lens, based in the UK. Drop me a PM if interested