Found QuickJack at Costco for $1099. Will it work with my Modena? | FerrariChat

Found QuickJack at Costco for $1099. Will it work with my Modena?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by GoPhaster, Oct 4, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GoPhaster

GoPhaster Rookie

Aug 21, 2009
  2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
  3. GoPhaster

GoPhaster Rookie

Aug 21, 2009
  4. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I really really really wonder if you could do an engine service on a 348 with this and one of the motorcycle jacks...21" of lift with all the rubber blocks stacked...i bet that's pretty dang close with the bumper off.

sjd

5. SizzleChest

SizzleChest Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That's a great deal! I have one and love it. (5000XL) I have had multiple F cars on it and it works great.

Let us know how you like it!

6. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thats a great price and i was really considering it but im just getting too old to be climbing around on the ground. I need something that goes up 42" - 48" so i can roll around on a chair under there.

Maybe i should consider getting both. Your Costco had these in stock for $999?

7. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I just paid $1300 for mine. It’s awesome, I recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

8. waymar

waymar Formula 3

Sep 2, 2008
    Northeast, PA - USA
    Full Name:
    Wayne Martin
    Just ordered one online. Looking forward to using it.

9. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    You'll want to look into a MaxJax lift then.

MarkL and Manda racing like this.
  10. GoPhaster

GoPhaster Rookie

Aug 21, 2009
    I made the BIG purchase! Mostly using to detail and not creak my neck working. Still tested if I fit comfortably going under. Its completely awesome. I can get under beer belly and all. I do still put jackstands underneath in case. I'm getting used to it. If you need something for mostly detailing or routine maintenance I can see it still working out for you if budget and space works out.

If you are looking at getting one, I heard at Costco that its a test run right now so there's only so many units.

11. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    We are getting a Costco here in Fairbanks, this could be on my Christmas list!

12. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    I'm tempted! Called around, and there a none available in LA/OC. Closest one to me is San Marcos.

sigar likes this.
  13. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Today only, there is a discount of $100 bringing it down to $999 with shipping and handling included. Probably the best price in the history of QuickJack. for folks still on the fence(ie. me).

14. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I use my $30 ac delco jack. Not even kidding.

Edit: I should have clicked the link before replying. That is quite a different kind of jack haha.

Sent from my SM-N950U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Im trying to talk myself into a Christmas present for me. Not really the jack I want (2 post with at lease a 48" lift) but the one I have room for now and I'm getting too old to be crawling on the ground. At least with this I can use a creeper.

16. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Done. Ordered.

17. jacques

jacques Formula Junior

May 23, 2006
    Los Angeles/Florida
    Ordered on last night. Jq.

18. TrojanFan

TrojanFan F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 17, 2008
    So. CA & NV
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Arrived in 3 days. Going to set it up this weekend. Need to change the ball joints on the 612.

19. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Depending on the jack points of your car you may need to be creative. I first set up with the hoses going to the rear and the warning labels on the jacks to the front. I raised my 308 about half way to the first lock position and pushed down on the rear bumper. The front of the jacks raised up about an inch off the floor and scared the crap out of me. Very unstable. So I flipped them around with the hoses to the front, and was able to get the rubber block further to the rear of the car and raised it. Very solid that way. I still haven't had the balls to go to the top lock yet.

20. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I need more "stuff" like a hole in the head but ...
    Getting my 2005 Jag up on jack stands so I can painfully crawl under it is one of the scariest procedures I've ever done. One end at a time via two floor jacks and then finding the approved jack stand points is hard to do with floor jacks in place. Oh and I have to do this outdoors on my paver driveway! :eek:

So I'm thinking seriously about this deal.

It says each side weighs 75lbs and the pump about 35lbs? How portable does that work out to be?

Is it a PITA to get these positioned under the car?

If your vehicle's support points exceed the length I guess you're just screwed right?

I'm supposing that the vehicle's lift contact points need to centered on the lift ramps??????????

The length is such that it would easily fit in the back of my Suburban and I could easily take this out to my remote garage where I have two cars that could benefit greatly from this.
    With some difficulty I could store this one on top of another, if that's practical, in my condo's garage.

I'm terribly temped. Anything I haven't though of?

21. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

The quick disconnects for the fluis lines are very slick and only a drop of fluid comes out. I just wipe with a paper towel.
    Mine are setting in a corner of the garage. I can have them positioned, lines hooked up and the car in the air in about 15 minutes.
    The lift points can be problematic but once I figured that out my 308 is a breeze to lift.

staatsof likes this.
  22. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I have the same disconnects on my 4 post portable lift though I had to add those myself back in 2000! :eek:

So I pulled the trigger today and bought online as finding them in a store is a difficult task and the item# didn't even exist according to the person on the phone.

So it comes via UPS uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Last year I had monumental issues with them and had 4 wheels that just cycled through their sorting for delivery system here every night for almost a month never making it onto a truck. When they did arrive they were completely destroyed.

23. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Well today 2 of 3 packages arrived. That's pretty damn fast considering I ordered them on the 16th and today is the 18th!
    The 3rd package (one of the big ramps) never made it on a delivery truck this morning so it's still stuck at the UPS center.
    Deja vu ... hopefully it doesn't keep getting bumped off of the delivery truck like last year.

24. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Any advise for me. I have one ramp that lowers quicker than the other from about 8" off the floor to flat on the floor.
    I called Quickjack and they don't seem to have an answer. Is this typical?

25. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Maybe you have air in the system? I'm getting ready to install mine tomorrow so maybe I'll have more to say tomorrow.