Tuning shop in hot water | FerrariChat

Tuning shop in hot water

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by f308gtsi, Nov 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f308gtsi

f308gtsi Rookie

Dec 23, 2007
    United States
    If you have a 430/16M/Scuderia and thinking about tuning it, you might want to pay attention to what just happened to my bosses S4 when he took it to this shop that also works on Ferrari’s and they totaled it. And don’t want to pay for it.

Buyer beware.

2. NW328GTS

NW328GTS Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Hal
    Basically all shops have damage waivers. They dont want to have expensive insurance so they dump it back on you.
    Thats really why the shop has you sign a "estimate"... its really a damage and liability waiver.

Just sue them anyway for negligence.

3. windsock

windsock Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 29, 2006
    In some states such as Washington state they have odd insurance laws. In Washington, even if the shop has insurance the car owner's insurance is the primary payer if the primary insurance is insufficient then shop owners insurance is secondary. Now that doesn't stop the insurance company from going after the shop after the settlement.

4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Am I the only one cringing at the uncovered funnel in the 308? I "know" that if I did that a big Gecko would fall in when I wasn't looking! LOL

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I'd call my insurance and let them hash it out. That's what I pay them to do.

6. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    more concerned with the engine lid and fender liner lying on the floor. Most shops will put that safely out of the way, not lying around for someone to trip over or drop something on...

7. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Yes
    Shop that did my first engine out placed the rear boonnet against the wall, guess what happened.
    Only scratch on it and still their over 10 years later.
    The shop is much more carefull now and they didnt charge me any labor for the engine out.

True story

The shop is a very small and the owner sometimes thinks hs smart. He has only ever worked on my car for the last decade.
    His typing skills are sometimes bad.

8. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Sounds like we use the same shop ;)